Screenshot_2020-07-07-10-15-07_copy_180x320.png

Screenshot_2020-07-07-10-24-10_copy_512x288.png

Screenshot_2020-07-07-10-24-27_copy_180x320.png

Screenshot_2020-07-07-10-24-41_copy_180x320.png

20200705_172510_copy_1305x734.jpg

Screenshot_2020-07-07-20-24-51_copy_288x512_copy_115x204-1.png

Edited by Cleantrooper
Update information

Hi Brett, and thanks for your submission!  (Great looking set of armor, by the way)!  Before we can "move along", we need some information as well as more photos as listed below.  Please add them to your original post so that we can get started as soon as possible for ya'.  Thanks!

Mandatory info:

Name

Armor maker

Helmet maker

Blaster maker

Boots 

Optional info.  (Helpful)

Height/weight

Photos required:

Helmet-  Close-up of front, left side. right side, rear.  Lenses back lit to show color.  Close up of Hovi-tips/vocoder.

Front view-  Arms flat by your side **

Close-up of ab plate details showing buttons

Close-up of kidney/ab plate connection left side and right side **

Wrist openings

Interior strapping

Close-up of cod/butt plate snaps (inside and out)

Neck seal

Thermal Detonator (front/side/back showing screw type)

Close-up of boots

Canvas/ABS belt rear

Drop boxes (rear)

Hand guards (showing flexibility) and gloves (rubber)

The only photos we need you to suit up for are the ones marked with a double asterisk (**).  The others can be taken on their own.  THANKS, and I look forward to seeing them!  :salute:

Thanks for your response. I'm so sorry i didn't have all the correct information .i will get it together asap. I was tackling the technology but I'm on my way!  Thanks again for your help and advice. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cleantrooper said:

I'm so sorry i didn't have all the correct information .i will get it together asap. I was tackling the technology but I'm on my way! 

Not a problem, sir, and glad to hear that you will be getting on this!  :duim:

54 minutes ago, Cleantrooper said:

I seem to have ran out of space to upload more pictures!  I'll have to see what I can do,  not sure if they are physically too big or whats going on to be honest. Bear with me! 

Most of us use free online image host's like Imgur, upload your images there then copy the links to those images directly ihere nto your post

Hi and thanks,  I know that is the most frequently used and maybe the only way to go,  unfortunately I'm not that sure I can sus it out I really do struggle with the tec side of these things. I was wondering if i need to include the blaster pic's at this stage,  if not i could remove them and post the last kit images?  We'll see how it goes keep smiling and see how i get on!  Thanks again for the advice and support. 

SO CLOSE, Brett!  Looks like you have done well posting some of the pics, but we need a few more to get you going, sir.

Interior strapping

Close-up of cod/butt plate snaps/rivet (inside and out)

Neck seal

Thermal Detonator (front/side/back showing screw type)

Interior strapping

Close-up of cod/butt plate snaps (inside and out)

Neck seal

Close-up of ab plate details showing buttons

Although not required for EI, we would also like a pic of the "Han" snap on the top of the ab plate (as seen below).

zsRWu1t.jpg

No need to get suited up for these, just snap some clear photos of the individual pieces and post em' up.  Thanks!  

I have all the pictures taken but can't fit them in. I know that the main problem is that I'm running my world from an Android phone!  If I shrink the pictures more im sure I'd loose the clarity. If i loose the blaster pic's I could possibly get the armour pic's up ! I don't really want to cause any problems here. If it's not possible no worries. Thanks for all your advice and help. 

Brett, don't worry, you don't cause problems ...If you need help, we are here  for that... Try to use this tutorial, and if you need more help,remember, we are here for that... Relax :duim:

Thanks for the encouragement,  everyone is super helpful and positive. It's great being on this forum and I'm glad I found it. I do think that i may not be able to progress much further at the moment,  it's no problem. Without sounding tooooo confident i think my kit would be ok for eib  ( maybe just a few tweaks!  ) but i don't really want people to spend to much valuable time on this as there's always loads going on. 

It is pretty easy use Imgur, you can just copy and paste the uploaded image links directly into your post, you really don't need to be tech savvy ;) 

5 hours ago, Cleantrooper said:

Thanks for the encouragement,  everyone is super helpful and positive. It's great being on this forum and I'm glad I found it. I do think that i may not be able to progress much further at the moment,  it's no problem. Without sounding tooooo confident i think my kit would be ok for eib  ( maybe just a few tweaks!  ) but i don't really want people to spend to much valuable time on this as there's always loads going on. 

Hi Brett, definitely you did  a great build with your armor. Looks really good and I'm sure you can achieve the highest levels.

This is not a race or Mr. TK competition, It's about  personal goals, so don't worry about your pace, we are here to help you to look your best when Trooping, now, or in a week , even months.  All of us in the FISD love to be here and the the time we invest here is more valuable when see a Trooper complete his first armor build, solve a problem and achieve a L2 or L3 badge.

Your EIB badge is around the corner sir. !!!    :Stormtrooper_walk_south::Stormtrooper_walk_south::Stormtrooper_walk_south:

I've added a few more images,  I think I may be able to add a couple more specific pic's,  I know it's not a race but once you start. ....well,  ya know how it is!  Please let me know what you think. Thanks. 

Edited by Cleantrooper
  • Like 1

Hi Brett,

I appreciate your patience. Apologies, but I'd like a few more photos:

* Closeup left/right/front of your sniper knee

* Inside of your thigh ammo pack connector

No need to suit up, just take photos of those armor pieces.

Finally, to move forward with your application, you'll need to add a bit of white paint to the rims of your hovi tips:

ACtC-3fqjWhID4WS7eN1BuChxkYtU47MB2ZZAaLG1ok3cm2b2DmkHEP7h3pa3lhowZZ-epOqMoUh8YQVW7blnwSRtv_RrTBxUwVA1I7QOqEtquk1uleAr9PHrBbDyYOkjMzUOeR4W4JafAjkn5x7VyAw5J0nFw=w1305-h734-no?authuser=1

Correct Aerators/Hovi-MIX tips are present. Screens used shall be of a wide type mesh, with the rim of the mic and the inside white or painted white.

The CRL text here is actually slightly incorrect as the Stunt helmets had the interior painted white, but the Hero helmets only had the rims. It's a bit hard to see, but you can tell in this reference photo:

ACtC-3fdnQcLUaEJp8E0OkZ8NOTBuALe1ERQ3WLW

Should be a very quick fix with some white paint.

Thank you!

• shashachu changed the title to Tk 9593 requesting eib anh hero TM - In Review, correction requested

Thanks for taking the time to look into my eib application. I'll get the painting sorted this evening and take the sniper knee pic's. The question then is. .....can I post em. ??? If it's ok could i remove the old picture of the hovi tips and replace it with the new ones once painted?  Thanks again for your help. 

13 hours ago, Cleantrooper said:

Thanks for taking the time to look into my eib application. I'll get the painting sorted this evening and take the sniper knee pic's. The question then is. .....can I post em. ??? If it's ok could i remove the old picture of the hovi tips and replace it with the new ones once painted?  Thanks again for your help. 

Sure, you can either edit the original post or just add them as a new post. :) Reach out if we can be of assistance.

Hi Brett,

Thanks for your application and the fix with your hovi tips.

CRL and EIB Application Requirements

All required photos are now in and, after review, we are pleased to welcome you to Expert Infantry rank. On behalf of the DO team and myself, many congratulations! :duim: 

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly

In this area we review observations made by your fellow troopers and the DO team. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. Note that we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions

First, a simple dressing issue. From the rear, you can see you have a couple sections overlapping - at your right elbow, and the back of your left thigh, so we're suggesting you just double check the strapping in that area, or when you get suited up just had a handler do a quick check for you. This is definitely the smallest of details, but fixing that can also prevent some pretty painful armor bites. Ideally we'd like to see even and symmetric black gaps everywhere.

ACtC-3dGtu_0wU0HIfPNybkjoWaisJxQ8Eg2ihDn

Reference Images:

ACtC-3d8dADWLbbq77xCJAdJ5c3feZpbk-_amJFYACtC-3dUMF-xfW7QD_49iW7NJ9-H5IwjOjRU1VfSMvPN_iPOHtz4MMjF09jhytwdar61M6OhixpAwbW5mp4uDEKC0iQ0-sqU4LtgKgctLNH1hi2nnCGIE8KZ0P-27c_2RI_GdZnmQgdoxhtfWBieXvtt0LDK9A=w273-h469-no?authuser=1  

Similarly, your right calf closure is just a touch misaligned, so just be aware of that when you get suited up. Again, a tiny detail but one that can make you look just that much sleeker.

ACtC-3cJd1tnvwTc4k8COW5WuX8KVP2ultwUGV06

Reference Image:

ACtC-3fWrbpwIfleQD8-bt_OIr2wFaxsPqatntuP

Finally, another small detail. Ideally the edges of the sniper knee should be trimmed at a sharper angle. If you decide to make that change, it should be a pretty simple fix.

y1puql2.jpg?1    a0CH9xG.jpg?1

Reference Image:

ACtC-3flZoRt3nB6sM_O1sQZhtUV5zxYFP1qFVBRwB75AEcc9NylHMtbLRbrpN9klqxfKDZgUDnKwZsBzp13A2_WoWOvP6T79x1asIhGb28TMgjBGzJVmjuF5pCQmH4xWc8iKJdtqfD4-CbWFstZnJMUly6EIg=w1600-h900-no?authuser=1

Centurion Requirements

In this section we prepare you for Centurion. More photos may be requested in the future that allow us to make better decisions on possible adjustments. If there are any areas of concern they will be discussed here.

Because Centurion photos show much more detail than EIB, items to pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here. We try to point out all that we can from what is seen, but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

The L3 CRL states:

There should be a minimal gap between the shoulder armor and the chest/back plates.

Your gaps actually look quite good overall, but the right one could come in some, especially as viewed from the front. You could tighten the strapping holding the bell on, and also ensure there's no lower return edge on the bell. In your case, it may very well be how you're holding your arms in the photo as well. This is not an area we're extremely picky about, but we do believe you can improve it.

ACtC-3cI7MY0GirI993HpuTkx_pm9Jz5D4OazPYE

Reference Image:

ACtC-3fn7z8ya1DD-z5ZdCwiOy6cnPSCmxaCWhOk

In the same area, the L3 CRL states:

The plastic shoulder straps need to be held down in the back via a white elastic band to the white fabric that connects/bridges the chest and back piece.

You may very well have these, but I can't tell from the photos you've included.

ACtC-3eGdd_P1uU-HWiQ3xwZroLfCzIuxX4ezfA8

Reference Image:

ACtC-3fSwoL_djB0aTle4DY6ijuf2AEWH3GTjZ68

Next, the L3 CRL states:

Abdominal and Kidney Plate align horizontally at top

This is most likely a simple dressing issue on your part, but you could also consider adding some extra strapping connecting the ab and kidney to keep them aligned.

ACtC-3ezLB34U5SJXbhb6DbXFJDrorrjmTqTx0Fd_2tVcv-0qK0J5uBMiPjKlR1Ih8KWf_YPlt5pM-N8JSixT1QRXmXpAFN8of21qnEPTDwL_zTTGkIjnOzhuLGRNINqqwL5pHSjzkdK3dgJ1z8S7j4agQB_5g=w1305-h734-no?authuser=1

Reference Image:

ACtC-3fKHBetmVQ-fKTeIEv9GATBTLp_FBQI5vauACtC-3d86Wm_8Dw1YGcHshrGZ1SuR4bsLqZpUc81

Finally, the L3 CRL states:

The top of the ABS ammo belt should sit at or just above the bottom of the central and vertical abdomen button panels.

Your belt is just a *touch* too low. Looking at the reference images, you can see that many screen-used suits actually had the top of the belt slightly overlapping the bottom of the ab buttons. On my own kit I added two small strips of velcro to the inside of my belt to keep it in place.

ACtC-3eNSyC1jx3ZOb8akgPSLYd4RTB6GkrXsZd7

Reference Images:

ACtC-3fL8JsnHcv1pLhsgvfnqP-xm-I3dWzWVlng  ACtC-3d6roX0UaOVDMWY4atlaMaIqLm33vbcUPaW

And that's it! Just a few small corrections for Centurion. In the meantime, please accept our hearty congratulations in reaching EIB!