Helmet Head Lining - Can't see

When I got my helmet, I got a head band kit that came with it and I installed it into the interior of my helmet. It is great, but I put it too far down and I can see very well. Is there any way I can modify it or make the straps for it longer so my head will go more "up" into the helmet?

Chris

I use foam padding in my Boba Fett bucket, couldn't do better than that. I have an FX kit with an FX bucket, and the regular head liner is still in there. I'll take the Foam Padding any day of the week though. When I get my new Stormtrooper suit and bucket, I'll definitely go directly towards padding.

Yeah, actually, if you go to K-Mart or such, and get the roll of foam bed padding, you can cut it up however you wish and use it inside your helmet. It's what I've done on all my costume helmets (minus my Iron Man, it's not big enough for the foam), and it's awesome. Stiff enough for support, soft enough for cushioning, light enough for breathability. Best part? It's only about $10 or so for WAY too much, you can screw up a half-dozen times and be fine.

• 1 month later...
This is the inside of the helmet. It is a hard hat liner and I did fix it too far down. Any advice?

I installed mine the exact same way. I think, you could cut the fabric strap that restricts your head from going further into the helmet and sew a another inch or so to allow for your head to go further into the helmet. The only problem is that if you head go in too much further, you may not be able to see!

Do you have any pics of the inside of your bucket?

Yes I do. Here are a couple. Hope these help.

gallery_575_172_73982.jpg

ESB Helmet

gallery_575_172_314435.jpg

ANH Helmet

gallery_575_172_414488.jpg

gallery_575_172_144392.jpg

Both helmets

gallery_575_172_318297.jpg

Thanks guys. I know you can get it out of a baseball helmet, but is there any other places or styles you might recommend that are comfortable?

Hi!

I used those kneepads you put in worker pants. I also used that plastic stuff u sit or lie down on when ure tenting. I have no idea whats it called but it was really easy to work with and looks Star Warsy.

Not expensive and really easy to hot glue to place too.

Good luck!

Hi!

I used those kneepads you put in worker pants. I also used that plastic stuff u sit or lie down on when ure tenting. I have no idea whats it called but it was really easy to work with and looks Star Warsy.

Not expensive and really easy to hot glue to place too.

Good luck!

Where did you find the knee pads? I've looked online... funny thing is that all of the ones that I would like to use (like D-MAC's) are located in the UK. I could of course order these online.

Where did you find the knee pads? I've looked online... funny thing is that all of the ones that I would like to use (like D-MAC's) are located in the UK. I could of course order these online.

There quite common here in Sweden.

I found them at the local hardware stores. There even were a few models to choose from, I chosed silver colored. Shouldnt be a problem to find them.

• 2 weeks later...

The knee pads are very common in many parts of Europe but non-existent in the US, I have found them on the internet but none of the companies will ship out of the UK. Check with D-Mac, he has a thread called "Helmet Padding interest check", he ships to the US, it takes about two weeks to arrive(give or take for the holidays).

LeBlanc42 said:
The knee pads are very common in many parts of Europe but non-existent in the US, I have found them on the internet but none of the companies will ship out of the UK. Check with D-Mac, he has a thread called "Helmet Padding interest check", he ships to the US, it takes about two weeks to arrive(give or take for the holidays).

I found them on ebay. The seller is "safety_one_uk".

--------

They are located in the UK and will ship to the US. The total with shipping was only $12.53 for one set(2 knee pads).

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Good eyes on the find Eric, I've spent hours looking on the web for those with no luck at all.

Next time I'm looking for something I'll check with you first. :unsure:

Thanks. I'm known as the "guy that can find stuff" by family, friends, and co-workers. I love searching the internet for things and then finding the best deal. :D

Mowskwoz said:
I found them on ebay. The seller is "safety_one_uk".

----------

They are located in the UK and will ship to the US. The total with shipping was only $12.53 for one set(2 knee pads).

I ordered from them. Easy. It took about 2 weeks to get them in the mail from the UK ot the US.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021