Putting on TK boots

3 hours ago, buzzlightbulb said:

My question is does it get any easier to put the  boots on?  I have tried mine from IB twice and had to really struggle to slide my foot into them.  And with the thigh pieces hanging around my ankles did not make it any easier.

I have heard a few say they had to 1/2 size up. Leather can soften with more usage, you could also stuff with scrunched up wet newspaper, it's an old trick that sometimes works to give a little extra room ;) 

I have a 24” shoe horn that helps a lot. It makes it a bit easier with thighs banging around. If the boots are too tight then there are ways to soften the leather. Even wearing them around the house will help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you heard of the “water zip lock bag” trick? 

People from JRS and IOC use ziplock bag filled with water and slip them into their jack boots, then put them in the freezer so the expanding ice will enlarge the ankle a bit.

But I have no idea if this trick works for TK boots or not.

They also make products designed to stretch shoes like this, but another alternative is to take them to a cobbler/shoe repair store to have them adjusted.