TK accessories that aren't on the CRLs?

Thinking about finally buying a set of armor but i had a few questions. What's the status on using accessories that aren't on the CRLs but are still canon for trooping? Pauldrons, binders, blasters etc. 

Rebels and fallen order both show pauldrons are used to designate rank and  specialty.

TK commander fallen order

https://www.ign.com/wikis/star-wars-jedi-fallen-order/Stormtrooper_Commander

TK heavy fallen order

https://www.ign.com/wikis/star-wars-jedi-fallen-order/Heavy_Assault_Stormtrooper

The E22 from rogue one was used by a TK during Mandalorian 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/www.whitearmor.net/permalink/490752614889703/

From the fisd FB group

Firstly it depends on your garrison/squad/outpost requirements, some do not allow non canon accessories at events so you will have to check with local command.

But other garrison/squad/outposts do allow them, for canon troops you can only use those accessories listed in the CRL's for non cannon troops they can be used. 

Personally I like to match the accessories to the version of Stormtrooper I am portraying, but it's a personal choice (with command blessings of course)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Firstly it depends on your garrison/squad/outpost requirements, some do not allow non canon accessories at events so you will have to check with local command.

But other garrison/squad/outposts do allow them, for canon troops you can only use those accessories listed in the CRL's for non cannon troops they can be used. 

Personally I like to match the accessories to the version of Stormtrooper I am portraying, but it's a personal choice (with command blessings of course)

Wouldn't jedi fallen order and Mandalorian count as canon sources? 

Thanks! For the reply I'll make sure to contact my local garrison!

Edited by captDunn
Spelling error

20 minutes ago, captDunn said:

The canon source really has to match the version of Stormtrooper you are building, as example most wouldn't wear a pauldron on an ANH Stormtrooper as they are never seen with one, even if other versions of Stormtroopers are, BUT some do wear anything with any version NOT for canon troops though. 

I recently started my ANH Stunt TK build and then discovered the Heavy Weapons Trooper (HWT) from the Battlefront games (EU). They are sorta a combo of a normal stormtrooper and sandtrooper, and get to wear orange pauldrons! You may consider something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MaskedVengeance said:

I recently started my ANH Stunt TK build and then discovered the Heavy Weapons Trooper (HWT) from the Battlefront games (EU). They are sorta a combo of a normal stormtrooper and sandtrooper, and get to wear orange pauldrons! You may consider something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought about it you get to keep the shinny armor and get extra accessories I'm just not a fan of the backpack.

As many have said, it just depends on the garrison.  Like others, mine is that for formal events it's canon only, but for others you can break out the fun.  Cons are an excellent example where people just go nuts at times.

As for those book references, if you ever want them to be official you'd have to create the costume and help get the CRL done.  It's certainly possible and we have several that are from games, etc. (e.g. Battlefront).  In the end though, if it's just various add-ons but the armor is the same, that you'll likely find is that there is a single base URL with "options" for various looks.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/11/2020 at 8:08 PM, captDunn said:

only if you are making a fallen order or mandalorian tk.

canon is only canon for the specific source and costume.

just build your shiny white anh stunt tk to centurion out of the gate: you wont need that other crap :-)

or, build a heavy, and you can have all the accessories your back can bear.

i own a garrison pauldron, for special troops, and have made parade pauldrons for st. pattys parade, pride, xmas. but otherwise i like to look like the costume appeared on screen.  ive never understood accessorizing with other costumes' bits.  want pouches and a bfg?  theres a costume with those somewhere.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2020 at 8:31 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

as example most wouldn't wear a pauldron on an ANH Stormtrooper as they are never seen with one, . 

oh, i wish that was true...lol

1 hour ago, sylverbard said:

oh, i wish that was true...lol

On 1/12/2020 at 9:31 AM, gmrhodes13 said:

The canon source really has to match the version of Stormtrooper you are building, as example most wouldn't wear a pauldron on an ANH Stormtrooper as they are never seen with one, even if other versions of Stormtroopers are, BUT some do wear anything with any version NOT for canon troops though. 

• Like 1

Lore-wise, yes, this version of Stromtrooper is canon, but here in 501st we are heavily focus on making our costume true to the visual materials available. You will have to be that particular version Stormtrooper to wear / carry that particular set of add-ons.

As Paul and others have indicated, if you want to wear it to official events you will have to make the effort to create a new CRL based on your research and supported visual references to make the set accurate enough to clear Detachment staff and LMO. For non-offical events always consult your GML first to see if the Garrison permits it.

From the visuals of the Fallen Jedi it seems there will be some work to create one. By the look of it the version of trooper featured is a cross between ESB and ROTJ, it will not be a simple add-ons and additional texts to create a new CRL, a new build is called for I am afraid.

• Like 1