New member from Pittsburgh

Spugh24

Hello everyone!

This is something that is brand new to me and I have never done before, but I am very excited to get involved. Ive always gone back and forth about becoming apart of this and Im finally taking the steps, only problem is I have no idea what to do. I contacted my local garrison and they advised me to get involved on here too because I wanted to go the stormtrooper route (either empire strikes back or return of the jedi) nothing too crazy for my first build. I was looking through some of the threads about which company to go through and who to stay away from and Im trying to figure out which direction to go, Im 6'4" 280lbs. Any help would be great! Thank you! 

Hi Future Trooper and welcome to the FISD.

A great place to start is the Getting Started threads.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/38-getting-started-read-this-first/&share_sfid=38&share_fid=44557&share_type=sf

Lots of resources and reading to get you on the right path.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Welcome to FISD.
Many of our members started here just like you, having never built armour before or entirely new to the world of costuming.
This is a truely wonderfull place, loaded with knowledgeable people ready and eager to help you every step of the way.
You are in for an adventures filled journey with many milestones and fun times ahead.
I look forward to seeing your big brown box day photos when your armour arrives and please start a build thread so the advice can flow freely.
Many use a photo sharing service called IMGUR which will allow you to add photos to your posts. It’s a free service so a good tool to download and learn to use.
Once again, welcome aboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the FISD, Stephan.  Check out the links above and take some time to do some reading (there is a lot of cool info here).  If I was picking between ESB and RotJ armour, I would go with ESB.  It is easier to source the kits as they are pretty much the same as ANH kits.  Either way, good luck with your build!