TRamp / Aker comparison

I bought the TRamp system about 6 months ago, and to be honest I could not be more disappointed.   Waited much longer than expected, (communication with the seller was spotty:  "I'm backed up, it should ship soon)".

Now, for my $250.00 investment I can say 4 pre-recorded phrases with it, which comes out to about $72.50 per sentence.  I have followed all instructions to the letter, but that's all I can get.  

I have a friend who works on computers, and even after an hour he could only change one phrase.

Bearing in mind that I am a complete novice when it comes to computer skills, although it is possible to add more phrases I am lost when it comes to how to actually do it.  If anyone can help, I would be most appreciative.  Remember the words complete novice, but think more along the lines of computer illiterate, lol.

Have been looking at one of these for a while and it's the voice changer aspect which is really what I was after, thanks for the info @justjoseph63 I'll see if others have had similar issues before perusing one, for now I'll just stick with the Icomm and Aker, pretty stable and not much goes wrong, internal battery had to be replaced but I did the @Sly11 mod so can swap and recharge at any time (may need to update those photos Andrew ;) )

Anyone interested here is the battery replacement thread 

13 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

I bought the TRamp system about 6 months ago, and to be honest I could not be more disappointed.   Waited much longer than expected, (communication with the seller was spotty:  "I'm backed up, it should ship soon)".

Now, for my $250.00 investment I can say 4 pre-recorded phrases with it, which comes out to about $72.50 per sentence.  I have followed all instructions to the letter, but that's all I can get,

I have a friend who works on computers, and even after an hour he could only change one phrase.

Bearing in mind that I am a complete novice when it comes to computer skills, although it is possible to add more phrases I am lost when it comes to how to actually do it.  If anyone can help, I would be most appreciative.  Remember the words complete novice, but think more along the lines of computer illiterate, lol.

Hi Joseph,

Sorry to hear this.

Out of interest, where did you hear that it has a “voice changer”? As per the demo, it has perhaps a little filtering to make it sound like a CB radio, but I’m not aware of any voice changer features.

I’d contact them if you only get 4 TK sentences - I don’t use the samples, however, it has loads of them that can be triggered by the optional remote. I don’t use this - I just put on my bad American accent and off I go. ;-)

Best wishes

Dan

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I looked into Tramp too. The guy that I talked to didn’t have the customer service I was hoping and didn’t have very great reviews. I went with Ukswrath because he is well known and always answered my questions. His reputation is accurate, good!