Are there any other polishing products I could use?

Just wanted to know if there are any other kinds of polishing products out there for a wet sand and polish job?  I know everyone's first response is Novus plastic polish kit, but I would like to know if there is another kind of polish that can do the same as Novus and is still safe to use on our armour.  Maybe something that I could pick up in an automotive store?

I just use generic compound polish, automotive normally in different grades, coarse, medium and fine, I generally only use the coarse and fine. I would say most automotive suppliers would carry compound polish. 

I have used a few different plastic cleaning kits from automotive stores but keep coming back to Novus.

Novus 1 is perfect for a quick clean and shine, Novus 2 gets out deeper marks and minor scuffs (cleans the black from my holster off the ABS nicely.

Novus 3 I have only used on a couple of really tough scuffs, but followed it up with the Novus 2 then Shine with 1.

You want to be careful with products not made for plastic as they can make them brittle and/or yellow as the lubricants that suspend the abrasive particles can be different for paint, gelcoat and plastics.

5 hours ago, mikidymac said:

You want to be careful with products not made for plastic as they can make them brittle and/or yellow as the lubricants that suspend the abrasive particles can be different for paint, gelcoat and plastics.

Second this, a team mate has some first hand mess-perirance.