scratches in armour

Trooperman

ABS is a very forgiving plastic,its semi soft flexable and will polish out scratches well.

I have been able to heavy sand ABS with a very course paper,then a fine grade leading to wet and dry.This will leave a very matt finish.

to get the shine back there are three versions of NOVAS heavy,med and final shine.its not hard to use but will require elbow grease.I have also had fantastic results with T-CUT and silver polish compound.

But Novas is a must for your trooper tool kit.

ABS is a very forgiving plastic,its semi soft flexable and will polish out scratches well.

I have been able to heavy sand ABS with a very course paper,then a fine grade leading to wet and dry.This will leave a very matt finish.

to get the shine back there are three versions of NOVAS heavy,med and final shine.its not hard to use but will require elbow grease.I have also had fantastic results with T-CUT and silver polish compound.

But Novas is a must for your trooper tool kit.

Thanks Peter, the reason im asking is that i just recieved my AP armour and there are a few light scratches on a couple of bits of the ABS armour nothing major ,know i no i can polish these out its put my mind at ease ,small things like that bug me :wacko:

Thanks Peter, the reason im asking is that i just recieved my AP armour and there are a few light scratches on a couple of bits of the ABS armour nothing major ,know i no i can polish these out its put my mind at ease ,small things like that bug me :wacko:

I know what you mean about the AP kit.Mine was scrached to hell on about half the bits.I know some folk like there armour to look worn but when i get a new kit i expect it to look new.It should be upto me if i want it scrached and worn looking.

• 2 months later...

I've got a funny story about scratches. When I was working on my kit I slipped with the exacto blade and made a fairly deep cut. My first thought was that I would have to sand it out. At the time I had a hobby iron sitting on the work bench hot and waiting. I grabbed it and ran it over the cut a few times. It magically disappeared. The thing is that all of the material was still there. The iron just pushed it back down. Pretty cool.

Some scratching & scuffing is perfectly IMHO. But I have seen a one or two that start to border on sandtrooper territory :)

It's all good - if it gets really bad you can buff stuff back out, repaint, or else just convert to TD and have an excuse to get new armor (the last is what I seem to do).