Help! My first ANH TK build

AdmiralTKAckbar

Hey everyone!

New here and am really looking to get my first armor set, specially a ANH TK to start out. Really want to at least meet basic approval for the 501st so I can become an official member and begin trooping here in FL. I’ve been doing my research and looking into different sellers for armor and really want to make sure I get an accurate kit so I don’t blow over $1000 on something that won’t even meet basic approval standards. So far I’ve been looking into the Facebook group Walt’s Trooper Factory to get a commission done as well as RS Propmasters. Also this site sells TK kits that I’m wondering are ok for basic approval or not and if not what modifications would need to be made:

https://authenticstormtrooper.com/product/shepperton-design-studios-original-stormtrooper-battle-spec-full-armour/

Any help from current 501st members and fellow TK kit owners would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Edited by AdmiralTKAckbar
Spelling edit

Hi,

best way to start is the „Getting started“ Part at the top of the Board. There are threads about the different types and makers. And who to avoid

Hi Brandon.  Welcome aboard!

As mentioned by Hazamel there are lots of good references on here for sourcing kits.  Don't forget about your soft good as well... boots can be a hard one to get, so you may want to try ordering/sourcing them now.

Have fun, read lots, and ask lots of questions.

I've purchased and assembled both RS and WTF kits, and they're both quality armor.  A lot of it depends on what your body type is like and what you like as far as a stormtrooper "look".   The RS kit has all the glorious wonkiness of the screen-used armor and is pretty much as accurate as you can get.  WTF is a bit more "sanitized", but it's still good stuff.   The RS kit is only a one-size deal.  WTF offers different sized pieces to fit different body types.  Both companies have amazing customer service, which comes in handy when something has been overtrimmed or melted beyond repair!  :) 

Welcome aboard, and we all look forward to watching your journey!

Hello and welcome aboard research is the key to this hobby and the Getting Started section is the best place to start, good luck and hope to see a build thread from you soon.