Lord_Potato

Lord_Potato's Walt's Trooper Factory ANH TK Build.

I'd suggest contacting Walt and showing him the images, they clearly look to be all the same size. You would have to trim down one side right to the curve to get them to fit I side and they wouldn't look right in my opinion. 

FYI you don't need the inner boxes for basic approval ;) 

• Like 1

On 10/14/2019 at 11:27 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

I'd suggest contacting Walt and showing him the images, they clearly look to be all the same size. You would have to trim down one side right to the curve to get them to fit I side and they wouldn't look right in my opinion. 

FYI you don't need the inner boxes for basic approval ;) 

Thanks for the advice. I contacted his facebook page and it looks like I am going to be getting some replacement drop boxes. Hopefully the color of plastic is not too much of a different shade of white. Good to know that I don't need inner boxes for basic, but I am hoping to get expert or better for this kit :) 

• Like 1

I should have new drop boxes coming in. On to other things.

I received my silicon hand guards and glued them to my rubber gloves with E6000. I put a water jug to keep pressure on them. I tried not to put glue near the edges to ensure no glue seeps out.

eTOyWeO.jpg

LrqO76S.jpg

So moving on to bicpes. 

I believe this is how the pieces are supposed to go:

52jvmbb.jpg

Did a rough cut for the left bicep (more return edge will be cut off later)

So I am obviously not a big dude. I have small biceps and shoving the pieces together it looks like I am going to have to do some trimming and also reshaping with hot water to get a good fit.

5I0HkE7.jpg

8evGECY.jpg

Not only will I reshape it to fit my small biceps......but I need to make this a lot more round. These two pieces meet up and make an extreme oval shape.

mvvsk20.jpg

Edited by Lord_Potato

Alright. Been a bit busy getting ready for my first baby coming next month and I have also been a little nervous continuing my build for fear of messing up and risking getting replacement parts that do not color match my current armor. I already have a second walts kit but I cannot use any pieces as the color is noticeably different.

I need to follow up again with my replacement drop boxes as its been a few weeks and I have not heard from Walt after he told me they were going to try and find some of their whiter plastic to use and send me new drop boxes.

So i got my hand guards glued on but i need to add more glue to the edges.

1Aa3FqE.jpg

I stuffed the gloves with cloth, added more glue near the edge and wrapped them with tape.

hVUfKQB.jpg

Left bicep:

Trimmed more of the return edge and used images and my RS as a reference:

dJymhpa.jpg

uYaj2Zp.jpg

The bicep is too much of an oval shape and too big. Went to hot water bending and used PVC pipe to aid in reshaping:

Dgvn3XY.jpg

UrSgoSH.jpg

The shape is better now. Might be good enough. Need to tape it together and try it on:

FIYFGC5.jpg

Comparison of how a untouched Walts left bicep looks compared to one I reshaped:

kw7YIJu.jpg

Edited by Lord_Potato
  • Like 1

Nice work, I like the fact you are more worried about continuing your build than the arrival of the new youngling :laugh1:

• Like 1

Well another disappointing week. I keep wanting to do more on my build but my work and family matters dominate my life. No matter! As long as I do at least one thing a week my build is one step closer.

So, centurion gloves are done! Rubber/latex gloves with soft silicon hand guard:  

EdjX9Ww.jpg

0PL1VUn.jpg

Non centurion gloves are done as well. Cut out the hand guards, trimmed them down, sanded, attached black elastic strip and bought pilot's NOMEX black flight gloves:

ZoTHAkI.jpg

ugH4lzf.jpg

Cwyqgwb.jpg

ikPMawA.jpg

fsIBPPo.jpg

Got a black undersuit:

MljYrSG.jpg

Now, I am currently only doing one eye lens at the moment. After looking at a few builds I decided to go with attaching my lens with chicago screws method. For me personally, this seems to be a little tricky and this took longer than expected to get to this point. The hardest part was getting the base of the chicago screws situated so that when the lens is screwed on it will be flush against the eye opening. I had to move the pieces from my original placement since it looked like the lens would not sit flush. If i am successful then I will continue to the other side. If not, I might try and different method.

Bought some random chicago screws and got black milliput to help form a platform for the chicago screw base:

kyf3e2G.jpg

0V2Snsv.jpg

ihfculA.jpg

Found where I wanted to place the lens and pressed down to make the putty form to the shape of the helmet:

4pRiuGW.jpg

Placed the chicago screws with the putty base with E600 glue:

rgC6POX.jpg

yy1ZDec.jpg

I put a little too much glue but I dont mind, it is in the helmet and if I plasti dip the helmet, it will be invisible.    

My last post I left off on working on my left bicep. Even though I did some reshaping with hot water it is still a little too oval and wide. After messing around with it being held together with masking tape I realized it would be easier to manipulate it if I had both bicep sides attached and then dipped the piece in hot water and gently force the whole piece into a more circular shape. So the next time I work on it I am going to glue cover strips on the inside of the bicep to keep it together, let it dry and put the whole thing in how water and the manipulate it to take on a circular shape. 

Edited by Lord_Potato