Jump to content


501st Stormtrooper[TK]
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


About Lord_Potato

  • Rank
  • Birthday May 4

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    Virginia Beach


  • Centurion Granted Date
  • EIB Awards
  • FISD Supporter
  • EIB Cohorts

Standard Info

  • Name
  • 501st ID
  • 501st Unit
    Garrison Tyranus
  • Troops Completed

Recent Profile Visitors

832 profile views
  1. Hey man! Have you made any progress on your ab to kidney issue? There were a lot of things about Walt's kit that gave me anxiety. What I did first was put a butt load of masking tape to enclose the right side of the ab to kidney section, making sure they meet perfectly at the top. Then I slide into the armor and had my wife tape the left side and made sure the top of the kidney and top of the ab plate were flush on that side as well. Then I had my wife take pictures from my back side to see if it was crooked. Just because the left side seems to appear to be lower than
  2. Well, it's all over now. Took me a long time but I got approved all the way to centurion. To all of you who have commented and guided me......you are all amazing. Besides entering a pandemic and having my first kid, a lot of my progress was stopped by my own fears of messing up. Sometimes I would start on a piece and realized I need to do a lot of reshaping/adjusting and I'll freak myself out and then just randomly move to another piece. Hence why my build is so random. I think The WTF kit is wonderful kit for those of a smaller size.
  3. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I truly appreciate the work that you and the DO team do. Such fantastic news!
  4. I appreciate it! Your build thread was so helpful. Thank you.
  5. Thank you, I found that sanding the abs paste while it is still drying helps smooth out bubbles and and gave me a better base to work with vs globbing it down and waiting for it to fully dry.
  6. Trimmed the back plate and reattached strapping system. Looks like it fits together a bit better. Submitted for Centurion. We will see how it goes. Wish me luck!
  7. ***Application filled out as per Centurion Checklist PDF*** Mandatory Information Name: Jonathan Curtis TK ID: TK-89054 Forum Name: Lord_Potato Garrison: Tyranus Armor Maker: Walt’s Trooper Factory Helmet Maker: Walt’s Trooper Factory Blaster Maker: RS Propmasters Link to EIB: Optional Information Height/ Weight: 5 feet 7 inches, 153 Pounds Boot Maker: Imperial Boots Canvas Belt Maker: Imperial Issue Hand Guard Supplier: BailyBuildDesigns Holster Maker: Darmans Props ***f
  8. I put the RS plate against the WTF plate and traced the top portion. Here is the pencil mark where I intend to cut. I honestly think adjusting the size my backplate will result in a better fit and fix my shoulder bells strapping issue. I am hesitant to cut into this completed build.
  9. I removed the counter and installed it to a more screen accurate position: I thought I was good for Centurion submission after all my fixes but realized my shoulder bells are still hovering. Its better, but its still off. After screaming into a pillow I reassessed what the issue could be...... I think I found it: so the tighter strapping for me chest and back plate lifted my chest and backplate a little higher than I wanted.....but I think it helped point out the problem: Back plate is a little high and curving well
  10. Next problem fixed: Gap at the rear bottom of my thighs.... before: After: So I have been working on the hardest issue (other than the blaster). My shoulder bells and straps float a little above my shoulders. Been experimenting with lowering the snap attachments, the snaps on the bells themselves ect.... It looks like lowing the snaps on the chest and back plate might do the trick......but that creates more tension and raises my chest plate. So my next step is to replace the straps thar hold my chest to my ab pl
  11. I wish I could delete posts as I guess I had a connection issue and my same post was posted several times..... Anyways! I have a few things to do to prep for centurion. First thing is my blaster. Repainted the grip. I think it looks better: Hengslter counter was noted in being in the incorrect position . This is how it came from RS and it looks to be fused to the gun. I am going to try and remove it and reposition it. Just need to go to the hardware store and try and find the best tool. Next issue: My right shoulder tab is not resti
  12. I used these tiny sponge tips from testors to paint my buttons on my Walt's ab buttons. If your still having trouble, might wanna give these a try. With these I kinda just drew them on. Also, I had the habit of not mixing my paints very well before use. Really mixing the paint for a few minutes really helps with getting a nice coat. Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
  13. I am very happy my armor was approved for EIB. Mainly due to the massive help from those of you who have followed me. This weekend I will make the recommended adjustments to have a chance at centurion.
  14. Sha Sha, Thank you for the good news and critiques. I think the main issue for my bells not resting right on my shoulders is that my chest might have to be strapped so it's pulled down another inch. But all issues you mentioned will be addressed before I submit for centurion. Thanks again. Also, thank you for your buod thread. Yours along with crickets and Ukwraith's were the main threads that guided me.
  • Create New...