Fan Build

Thinking of building my own fans but I do not know where to start and dislike doing research , so I turn to my TK family.  I also do not have any electrical/wiring experience.  Where can I purchase all I need to build my system.  Looking for sugestions on fans, wiring, tools etc..

5 minutes ago, Kevin037 said:

Thinking of building my own fans but I do not know where to start and dislike doing research , so I turn to my TK family.  I also do not have any electrical/wiring experience.  Where can I purchase all I need to build my system.  Looking for sugestions on fans, wiring, tools etc..

Hey Kevin welcome, there's a few tutorials or How Tos" floating around here just go to the Helmet Electronics sections.

• Like 1

You can get fan kits on amazon to put together. I’d just purchase one premade. Unless you want to do something special with it all, the savings of doing it yourself might not be worth the little extra to buy one premade, considering you don’t want to do research and connecting it all would consist of a small amount of research.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Kevin,

The TK family is all about Troopers Helping Troopers, so what do you want for fans?  It can be super simple as running of a few AA batteries or can do a USB plug to use a battery bank as a power source.  On/Off switch? sure we can get you setup as well.  

There are a few of us here that make great helmet fan setups (Troopercoola, UKswrath, Henrys, and myself) that you cannot go wrong with any of those setups.

I'd definitely be more than happy to help you out with making your own setup if you want to go down that path.