What is my next step?

Hi, my name is Alex and I am currently 17 years old. I decided to go with the ATA armor because it is the most affordable and I have read a lot of good reviews. I ordered it about a week ago and was put on a 2 week waiting list. I have decided that I am going straight to the centurion level and want to make a set ANH stunt trooper armor. I was wondering what my next step would be so I can be ready with my armor and blaster when I turn 18 in November so I can join as soon as possible. I found out about the 501st when I was 15 years old and I am now old enough to start my journey to become a stormtrooper. This gives me about 2-3 weeks before the big brown box shows up at my door step, so this gives me some time to plan things out. Also, this will be my build thread for questions and advice for my armor in the future. 

Hello Alex and welcome!

You have plenty of time before BBD and there are a few things I would recommend doing!

Firstly I would advise going to the main page and accessing the ANH Build Threads:
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/6-anh-stunt-and-hero/&share_sfid=6&share_fid=44557&share_type=sf

Here you will find a variety of build threads from current and prospective members. There will be a lot to go through and some may not be complete. When I built my armor I found at least 5 different threads and used them all as references when I built my armor.

After you find a few you like and settle on which method you will use (make sure that their build methods match up with achieving Centurion as you want).

Next you will need equipment to build the armor. Here is an excellent list that covers most of what you will need:

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31404-supply-list-for-your-tk-build/&share_tid=31404&share_fid=44557&share_type=t

Supply list for your TK build....

And finally you will need to find white TK boots, a black thermal under suit, a black neck seal, a holster, and a blaster.

While this won't be everything that you need to start it will be a great place to begin!

Best of luck in your build and MTFBWY!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hi Alex,

Welcome aboard!

-Start your build thread and ask lots of questions.

-Order all of your soft goods (neck seal, black undersuit, gloves, etc).  Boots can be slow so I'd get them going now.  You can check out  Imperialboots for them.

-Get your E6000

-Get all of your fasteners, strapping etc.

-Get all of your tools - You cannot have too many magnets (if you're in the US or Canada, try Lee Valley) and clamps.

-Get your paints

-Read, read, read, read.  Check other build threads and the reference guides.  There are great tutorials and lists of everything you need.

-Check your Centurion references so you get everything ready for that from the start.

-Read more.

-Ask more questions.

-Set up an IMGUR account to post your pictures.  You can copy and paste the BBCode from there into your posts.

-Most importantly, have fun. 

-Did I mention read and ask questions?

Edited by Digz Graavz
  • Like 1

Hi Alex,

Just wanted to mention a few things:

• Start your build thread in the appropriate sub-forum, depending on which costume you are building.
  • I would register for access to the MWG forums http://www.midwestgarrison.com/ You may find armour parties or folks in your area who can help you.
  • Gather your build materials and any other items you may be missing as mentioned by others
  • Start bookmarking threads and reading!
  • Though you can build your armour to Centurion right away, note that the process goes: basic approval with your garrison, then application for EIB here on the FISD, then application for Centurion here on the FISD. Your GML will not be involved with L2 and L3 approval.
  • Like 1

Hello and welcome aboard, I also have ATA and it's now in it's 7th year so you won't be disappointed with it. Research is the key to this hobby, lots of great build threads full of assembly information, have a look through a few of those and also save reference images as they are great to have on hand when you are building.

Good luck and looking forward to seeing those BBB photos and build thread.

Welcome to the FISD. Lots of great advice given already. Imperial Boots are accurate for higher levels, but they only open once a month for their runs. Like Chris mentioned, start looking into them now, and get in once the run gets going. They are delivered in a “First Ordered, First Delivered” method. Meaning the quicker you get in on the run, the quicker they ship out to you. Since you are still waiting for your armor, I’m sure you’ll have plenty of time while you are doing your build for the boots to arrive. Don’t make the mistake I made, and purchase boots that are only good for basic entry, and then dish out more money to get accurate boots later on. Good luck on your build. You are in good hands with the help here on the FISD Forums.