Grappling hook utility box build (retractable cable)

(I'LL HAVE TO SPLIT THIS UP BECAUSE THERE ARE MORE PICS THAN ALLOWED PER POST)

Okay. where to begin?

I'll start by giving credit to EVO3 for the fantastic job on the the grappling hook itself.

I also need to give credit to VacTrooper for vacuforming the box to the demension that i requested and the extra strips of plastic that were needed.

THANK YOU!

Here's is what i know about the grappling hook........................

There are at least 2 screen used versions.

When tk421 boards the falcon you can see a toggle switch on the upper left hand side of the box. you can also see what appears to be a strip of plastic running down through the "holster ring"

------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

After Luke steals the tk armor, you can see the switch is still there in the trash compactor scene. The grappling hook itself is missing.

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

So there's no switch on lukes stolen TK belt ? Not exactly.................

Later after escaping the Death Star when Luke climbs down the latter in the Faclon durring the Tie Fighter attack the switch can be seen again and you can also see the grommet where the wire comes out.

--------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I used a retractable keychain that reaches for enough for showing off and twirrling the grappling hook around, but not enough to swing accros the death star. Luke will be in for a supprise if he steals my belt :D

------

I used a standard toggle switch and a washer for the wire grommet and painted them black. I also rivitted the "holster ring" on before gluing the strip of plastic on. My canvas belt is being modified or i would have had it in the pics.

FYI: VacTrooper said he would make up some more box's if anyone is interested. The box will need to be painted glossy white to match your armor.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I think that's about as good as one can get. Sweet!!! I'm ashamed to say mine hook is still wrapped - no time for side projects this month :(

• 1 month later...
tk0000 said:

I used a retractable keychain that reaches for enough for showing off and twirrling the grappling hook around, but not enough to swing accros the death star. Luke will be in for a supprise if he steals my belt :D

I used a standard toggle switch and a washer for the wire grommet and painted them black. I also rivitted the "holster ring" on before gluing the strip of plastic on. My canvas belt is being modified or i would have had it in the pics.

FYI: VacTrooper said he would make up some more box's if anyone is interested. The box will need to be painted glossy white to match your armor.

so has anyone gotten around to trying to work out a way to make it retractable with the switch?

when i get mine i think i will give it a shot just because im weird like that haha

but yea thats awesome what you did very nice