ANOVOS F-11D

Hello everyone! I tried searching the forums for this, but saw NOTHING. I recently got the ANOVOS F-11D ( I will post pictures here in a bit). Allegedly, the bad boy is made in rigid EVA. It is orange as all get out. What are the painting recommendations for it? Design-wise, it is 6 pieces with included decals. Here is the assembly instructions page they provided with NO paint types recommended. Admittedly, I am a bit of a noob to this build, and I have the FOTK on preorder with them...

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0346/5761/files/F-11D-Blaster-KIT_2018_V4.pdf?1145281817704227262

Thanks in advance!

-JJ

2 hours ago, Harbinger said:

Details look pretty good. A shame the forward grip is non-functional.

Agreed. I was bummed about that when I opened the box. No good way to make it functional without completely destroying it either. 

2 hours ago, Harbinger said:

Details look pretty good. A shame the forward grip is non-functional.

Agreed. I was bummed about that when I opened the box. No good way to make it functional without completely destroying it either. 

• 6 months later...

I've had issues locally with Rustoleum so I use acrylic automotive paint, dries a lot quicker than enamels, standard white from automotive shop (which appears to match Anovos helmet), once the white is applied I also apply several coats of gloss clear acrylic, then satin black.

Thank you and good feedback troopers, seems to be a lack of info on painting the Anovos blaster so any info helps this thread and those of us waiting for trial and error before we start. Ill start up a new WIP soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, before starting to apply any paint on your prop, if you're unsure of what material it's made of, you should definitely do a compatibility test first. Basically spray the paint you're about to use onto a hidden area of the prop and see what gives. If the paint start to react with the material, you know you'll have to use a different one.

Before starting the paintjob it is also good to wash the parts with warm water and dish soap to get rid of any surface polluant residues left from the casting process. Once again, if you're worry about how the material will interact with water, you should do a test first on an unseen area.

Once clean, apply a primer. The parts are already smooth so you don't need a primer filler that would roughen the surfaces. Use a finition primer instead. Three light coats with 5 to 10mn between each are usually enough, but given how strong the orange is you might need to up them to five.

Once the primer is dry, as long as the paints you're using on top are compatible with that primer, you shouldn't have any bad reactions, no matter what the orange material is.

• 9 months later...

Jumping on this thread because I just started working on the F-11D Anovos kit I got a while back.... I am very annoyed to find out that it is ALREADY painted!  I wondered why the primer wasn't sticking so well so I hit it with sandpaper and sure enough, the orange comes right off, revealing another white primer coat, and underneath that, the ACTUAL orange blaster!  Wish they would have warned us!  

So just to clarify, sanding the Orange reveals white underneath. If so have you put another coat of primer and did it adhere better.

Also this prop is somewhat fragile although it feels very durable. I dropped a piece of the scope off my table and it cracked so be aware.

Hoping some others who finished may jump in as well to give some tips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk