What's your favorite Star Wars video game?

Butah Fett

The best game evar:

2600_esb.gif

I'z ownz0rg joo.

:lol:

Okay, seriously... RC and TIE Fighter.

Rebellion and Galactic Battlegrounds were cool for their time, which was why I thought Empire at War a total rip-off. I played the demo and instantly realized that it's just a rehashing of both Rebellion and GB (which I'd played to death already), so I wasn't about to shell out another $50 for a repackaged version of the same games rolleyes.gif

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Republic Commando was definately one of the best SW FPS that was not part of the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series, and it used the UT engine, which I'm still a big fan of for how great it was at the time.

And for the record, SW: Lethal Alliance for the PSP is a steaming pile of repetative poodoo. I thought, "hey, scantily clad twi'lek doing Prince of Persia style moves, it had to rock." Man, was I sooo wrong.

I have devoted an obscene amount of time to Star Wars video games,

but here are my top 10 favs in this order:

1-KOTOR I (best integration of RPG and first-person shooter yet)

2-Battlefronts II (501st timeline, great gameplay, what more could you want?)

3-Jedi Knight: Outcast (I know big shock right)

4-KOTOR II (almost as good as KOTOR I, storyline wasn't as engaging)

5-Jedi Knight: Academy (Great integration of SW movie canon and EU details)

6-Battlefronts I (I thought this was a better multiplaer format than BFII, but no 501st)

7-Repulic Commando (good graphics, fun gameplay, I like the command functions, but like many others too linear)

8-Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight w-Mysteries Of The Sith expansion levels (The pack is a MUST HAVE for this game, this is the game that turned my SW gaming from pastime to obsession)

9-Shadows Of The Empire (Best N64 Star Wars Game Ever)

10-Rogue Squadron (Almost as much fun as SOTE but the "vehicle missions only" thing is a little limiting)

Ps. I have loved all of the SW games, even the ones that sucked by comparison were still fun to play :lol: .

• 2 years later...

Throw my .02 in here right quick.

Shadows of the Empire and Rogue Leader (and some parts of Rebel Strike - seemed to try to get back to the SotE feel)

But if I had to pick just one, then Rogue Leader. If you're unfamiliar, Rogue Squadron took one of the best parts of SotE and expanded it into a whole game. Then, RL, the sequel to RS improved upon a great arcade-y game.

roguesquadron_profilelarge.jpg

rogueleader.jpg

gamecube3.jpg

- Berban

Some Thread revival LOL!

Well being an avid gamer myself, here's my list of favorites!

Rogue Squadron II (I was so psyched to see 'another star wars movie' as a game!) I really loved the FMV! They should make another one, though in HD! Screw GCI, we need actors and props and lasers! I always saw it as a nice addition to the realness of Star Wars, made the universe look more alive cos of semi-nameless people walking around with 'real' stormtroopers etc. just like the Ewok movies added a feel of: "hey they got kids just like me in that universe! (well sorta, I wasn't a nagging brat back then :P).

Force Commander! a 3D RTS and boy dit it rock my socks off when I played it! I like the story of the stormtrooper turned rebel general and such, it was fun :).

Apart from that the only star wars game I am playing is KOTOR2, though I am getting bored with Kreia. Think I'll go Sith on everybody and just spam dark force powers.

Republic Commando was mindbogglingly awesome for me on my old computer, I was stunned that the graphics were soooo crisp and good back then :P.

Well, waiting for Force Unleashed to come out on PC so I can play the story in HD instead of on my PSP.

x-wing vs. tiefighter was perfect. at the time it came out it was cutting edge... had ungodly amount of options.... was just a killer game all around...

jedi kinight dark forces 2 was cool... for a first person shooter... but crap for a star wars game

Hmmm well, X-Wing, and Dark Forces made me keep up-grading my old 486-DOS 6.what-ever, and the TIE Fighter, lot's and Lot's of TIE Fighter. I can still see/hear in my head that so cool sound/look of the E11 power-up. Then Dark2 came out and I liked to game over-all but the look of the game was like a bad acid trip! :o

Galactic Battlegrounds was it for me, I destroyed that game on PC, I loved it soooo much, just hearing the little trooper's say "yes sir" and darth vader going" yes master" when ya tell him to go kill something, priceless.

Okay, I got hooked on Republic Commando. Then I found the Boxed set called Star Wars the Best of PC, which contained Empire at War, Knights of the Old Republic, Star Wars Battlefront, and Republic Commando. So now I travel back and forth between RC and Battlefront. My extended family thinks I'm nuts.

Because I have a long commute on public transport for work, I purchased a Nintendo DS...and splurged on SW Battlefront, Elite Squadron, with the Nintendo DS Star Wars kit (Darth Vader Sleeve, Red Lightsaber stylus) so now I'm playing while travelling to and from work. Combine that with my gold metal stormtrooper keychain on my desk at work and people think I'm a little obsessed with the Dark. Side :wacko: But who cares? :tie: :trooper: :vader1:

• 2 weeks later...