Don't even know what to say

psychotropic

I'm sure lots of people will say this is a dumb post. I can't even beleive I'm making it, but I feel like I have to say something to someone. These past two years have been difficult. Having to stop two separate career paths due to two different injuries, health issues, trying to deal with some mental health issues. 

I tried to find an escape, but even they are going wrong somehow. I was on a weight loss journey for several years. I lost 55lbs, but instead of feeling proud of how I look my hairline started to recede (I'm in my late 20s). Saved a year for a PS4 Pro, but can not play it due to health reasons, so I tried to buy a high end transformer, it came broken, which leads me to the latest thing and reason I made this post.

Obviously Star Wars has always been dear to me. I've been on this forum for a long time. I've always dreamed of having a helmet/armor that looked like it came straight out of the movie. For years I've been dreaming about getting a more accurate bucket. There was one particular maker who's helmets looked the best to me. I won't name names as I'm still a big fan of theirs, but after years of not having the money, I ordered a helmet from him over a year ago. When I was a child my parents got me this gold coin set, so it would grow in value, and I could have some money when I grew up and they were worth more. It finally came time to sell them, AND WHAT DO YOU KNOW! It was just enough for my dream helmet. Wow! Well 6 months ago he finished a helmet... only it was nothing like what I asked for (supposed to be a subtle chipper build). No big deal. He finally started a new one recently, and it looked so good!! Then I get an email that there was a mistake while working, helmet was ruined. It was hard enough getting the other ones made, so a third seems impossible/rebuild seems impossible.

I wanted to make an awesome post about how I finally got the helmet I wanted after over a decade of being on this forum. But it's not happening now. I know it probably sounds dramatic, but I was already depressed and was so excited about this.

Sorry to rant. I just had to tell someone that could relate. Also I don't want to sound like I'm bad mouthing this maker. Very talented, which is why I'm not mentioning names. 

Edited by psychotropic

11 minutes ago, Big Deal said:

Hopefully things will turn around, with your dreams of a helmet or armour, but especially with your health. 

Thanks so much. I might delete my first post, as I feel like it sounds whiny. Idk. But yea, thanks for the kind words. 

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. I hope that you will get better and that you'll find (and get) the helmet you're looking for. :) From your signature below your post, I can tell you that the armor you have now looks very good!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, psychotropic said:

Sorry to rant. I just had to tell someone that could relate.

No need to apologize, when things are hard it`s only a good thing to ventilate and we are here for you:) And sorry to hear about your troubles but there are also some silver linings hiding in your words, the weight loss beeing one - good job:duim: I know it`s hard but try to focus on the good things and take one step at the time. Another good thing is you beeing a part of this Community - with friendly people who share your love for Star Wars and there`s litterly a ton of interesting stuff to dive into and keep you busy - both in good times and when you`re feeling low and once you have logged on I´m almost certain that alone will help some. The receding hairline happens to most of us and as it happens it did happen me to in my late 20s, not altogether fun when it happens but it`s just one of those things you can`t do much about except starting to accept it and in my case to make matters worse my dad has a full set of hair and he`s almost 70 - go figure ^_^ And most importantly - that you shared and no one here will say it`s dumb:)

Now - regarding the helmet, if you paid someone to build a helmet for you then you should receive a helmet or in worst case a refund. What information did you get from the vendor when approached with information that the helmet was ruined? 

3 hours ago, WodiQuix said:

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. I hope that you will get better and that you'll find (and get) the helmet you're looking for. :) From your signature below your post, I can tell you that the armor you have now looks very good!

Thanks man. Yea, my current armor is fx. After my weight loss it's huge on me. So it doesn't really fit on me. And I'm only 5'6" so it was big to begin with. My helmet is a t/mc I think, so the details are really soft. Also I wanted a painted bucket like the originals.

1 hour ago, TheSwede said:

No need to apologize, when things are hard it`s only a good thing to ventilate and we are here for you:) And sorry to hear about your troubles but there are also some silver linings hiding in your words, the weight loss beeing one - good job:duim: I know it`s hard but try to focus on the good things and take one step at the time. Another good thing is you beeing a part of this Community - with friendly people who share your love for Star Wars and there`s litterly a ton of interesting stuff to dive into and keep you busy - both in good times and when you`re feeling low and once you have logged on I´m almost certain that alone will help some. The receding hairline happens to most of us and as it happens it did happen me to in my late 20s, not altogether fun when it happens but it`s just one of those things you can`t do much about except starting to accept it and in my case to make matters worse my dad has a full set of hair and he`s almost 70 - go figure ^_^ And most importantly - that you shared and no one here will say it`s dumb:)

Now - regarding the helmet, if you paid someone to build a helmet for you then you should receive a helmet or in worst case a refund. What information did you get from the vendor when approached with information that the helmet was ruined? 

I didn't pay them yet, I was ganna pay him when it was complete. I've had the money just sitting there for over a year. 

Being short limits what I can get. Like rs and tm look huge on me. I'll tell you, it really kind soured the whole thing. To wait like 5 or 6 years to be able to get something then have it fall apart last minute. Makes it seem unrealistic that I'll ever get a helmet I like. 

I was thinking about getting an rs biker scout instead, but it's euros, so I don't have enough for that unfortunately. 

It might help to contact your local Attaché and ask him out about different makers. :)

I wish you all the best on that journey and good like to find the helmet/armor you deserve.

24 minutes ago, psychotropic said:

Makes it seem unrealistic that I'll ever get a helmet I like. 

For a helmet an RS or TM is just about the best you can get in my opinion. And at 5`6 you will definetly be able to use RS or TM for armor, there is some work yes but there`s plenty here that has downsized their kits with great sucess, here`s three examples:salute:

• Like 2

Things always get better and we all have rough patches. Hope your health issues sort out.

As for helmets I agree with above posters, Troopermaster (the seller) knows about as much about these suits as humanly possible and his armor is super accurate. RS Propmasters is essentially a recast off a screen-used Stunt, can't get much more accurate than that.

You can also check out The Replica Section or The RPF which are more focused on prop replication/forgery if you are wanting to get something that looks like it came right out of the film, there is tons of reference on how to replicate everything down to the paint chips.

On 3/26/2018 at 5:06 PM, Harbinger said:

Things always get better and we all have rough patches. Hope your health issues sort out.

As for helmets I agree with above posters, Troopermaster (the seller) knows about as much about these suits as humanly possible and his armor is super accurate. RS Propmasters is essentially a recast off a screen-used Stunt, can't get much more accurate than that.

You can also check out The Replica Section or The RPF which are more focused on prop replication/forgery if you are wanting to get something that looks like it came right out of the film, there is tons of reference on how to replicate everything down to the paint chips.

Getting better is doubtful. That's never something that happened to me before. Many of my issues are permanent. 

As for people recomenting rs and tm. I'm housebound due to my Body Dysmorphia so there's no way I'll have enough for any armor in the foreseeable future. If I ever did get new armor, I'd get ata or mtk since they are smaller, then maybe get some tm parts like shoulder bells or chest and back to make it a bit more accurate.

I've seen guys my height with rs and tm. The helmets are big and it looks like they can just barely get it to look right. Might be the Body Dysmorphia talking. 

But anyway I was mainly looking at helmets. Rs to me looks odd. Like everything's cut to shallow and looks a little different from the movie somehow. Idk. Their biker scout kits look awesome though. 

Edited by psychotropic

• 2 months later...

A little late for a reply, but as many have stated so eloquently above, this community is here for you. You may be housebound but you'll always find a place in the countless topics. posts and threads here. I'm sorry to here of your condition, and you don't need to feel bad about ranting here.