ATA Calf Sizing Help

I recently finished my ATA armor build and the only problem I seem to be having is the shin sizing. The opening on the bottom of the left(sniper) shin is dramatically different and it makes it difficult to faster around my boot. I used the same method and followed the same cut lines on both shins and this one is so much smaller. I don't know if I attached the wrong pieces or if there is a specific way to fix this. I've attached a picture. Let me know what you all think.

QMVF7a.jpg

I noticed the same thing whilst building mine and adjusted them to the boot sizing, I also trimmed the one with the extra length to match the other side. The only way to make the opening bigger now would be to either add a larger rear cover strip or try some heat to change the opening to more of an oval shape to fit over the boot better.

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 1:34 PM, Harbinger said:

If you go the heat gun route try on some scraps first, very easy to overdo it and make it worse.

I almost wrecked my shins with a heat gun fixing the same problem (but I have no skills whatsoever :P).  The heat gun can create uneven hot spots and you run the risk of the plastic kinking in one spot instead of a nice curve. 

I would second Tony's advice and go for a nice hot bath. :duim:

Thanks everybody for the tips. I'm used to using heat guns for vinyl vehicle wraps but ABS is a different animal. I'll probably try the hot water method to get a more circular shape. I've heard that this was a mistake in the early runs of the ATA armor so I've been debating whether I should try and work with this or attempt to find a replacement shin. But then I have to worry about matching plastics.