Do you paint inside of your helmet?

I watched a few videos on making your armor and seen some who paint the inside of their helmet black and others don't.  

What is the considered the proper way to do this?

Paint or don't Paint?  And if you do paint is there a specific paint to use or technique? 

Thanks 

Hi Fred,

Neither option will affect clearance, so more of a personal choice.

Some leave it bare, as the originals. Other troopers on here have used Plasti-dip to coat the inside of their lids. Personally, I went with black, self adhesive EVA as I wanted a dark interior, but removable if required.

My lid with EVA (craft foam)

4884aec720c4c655343f7c8f35cfa5b8.jpg

Best wishes,

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some of the advantages of painting the inside black is that it will better obscure your face. If light comes into your helmet from a certain angle, your face could become visible, especially if the inside is white as well. But there are also some angles where people/kids could see a bit inside your helmet and keeping it black keeps some of the mystery, in my opinion!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I personally like painted, but it's a personal choice.  I think it helps with hiding any electronics, cords, fans, etc., and adds a layer of darkness and mystery to the helmet when viewed from a kid's point of view- straight up.  I used Rustoleum 2x in glossy black.  The 2x line bonds great with plastic and does't require a ton of priming first, i'ts my go-to rattle can brand.