Dreamfoil's Build Thread

Hey all,

I recently finished (roughly) trimming up my first ANH armor (besides the helmet, belt, and some other misc pieces) and I'm now working on smoothing out the edges.  I'm starting on the chest and back pieces first, using an electric sander, a file, and sandpaper.  Let me know what you think of what I've done for the back piece so far, I know it looks a little uneven now and I didn't completely finish sanding it yet incase I'm told I need to remove more first.  Just looking for some help since I've never really done anything like this before.

Cheers,

Quinn

EDIT: Hm I'm trying to add more pictures of the back piece that I have but it's saying I can't upload anymore, even if I try to add it in a new reply.  Is there a way around this?  Should I just upload to photobucket or some other website and share a link? 

new armor1.jpg

new armor2.jpg

new armor3.jpg

new armor3 top.jpg

Edited by Dreamfoil
  • Like 1

Hi Quinn, you may want to have this thread moved to the ANH Build Threads subforum.

Photobucket is no longer free if you want to post your photos on forums. I use imgur. Some use Flickr or Google Photos.

Which kit is this and which ANH TK are you doing: Stunt or Hero? I find a great guide for trimming is looking at Centurion applications and look up as much reference material as you can!

You're off to a solid start!

• Like 1

Good to see you making a build thread buddy. Chip away little by little.

The build threads and centurion applications are a great guide as my friend above me stated.

But I'm proud to see you on here. Well done.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

On 2018-02-26 at 11:27 AM, Dreamfoil said:

Hey all,

I recently finished (roughly) trimming up my first ANH armor (besides the helmet, belt, and some other misc pieces) and I'm now working on smoothing out the edges.  I'm starting on the chest and back pieces first, using an electric sander, a file, and sandpaper.  Let me know what you think of what I've done for the back piece so far, I know it looks a little uneven now and I didn't completely finish sanding it yet incase I'm told I need to remove more first.  Just looking for some help since I've never really done anything like this before.

Cheers,

Quinn

EDIT: Hm I'm trying to add more pictures of the back piece that I have but it's saying I can't upload anymore, even if I try to add it in a new reply.  Is there a way around this?  Should I just upload to photobucket or some other website and share a link? 

new armor1.jpg

new armor2.jpg

new armor3.jpg

new armor3 top.jpg

How exciting! I built my first TK Stunt back in 2017, and then I rebuilt my brothers botched TK for him over the new year. Feel free to ask lots of questions so that you can hopefully avoid some of the mistakes we made! Or at least the ones that I made haha! 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...