From the New XO

From the Provost Marshall

From the Deployment Office

CRL Updates

December Is Going TO Be Phastastic

WANTED: The Last Jedi Premiere Troop Photos

What's Your TKID?

Hall of Fame

EIB & Centurion: What do these terms mean?

Obscure Trivia

Nissan & Star Wars

Just For Laughs

Competitions

Trooping The Last Jedi

Notable Troops

Imperial Attaché Program

Advanced Tactics Awards

EIB - The March To 1000

Merchandise

Public Relations
Follow FISD

UCA5Mbr.png

fTBrIWe.png

Not one of our own members but someone who many of us in the 501st would have heard of, Anthony Senerchia Jr who was an inspiration for the viral ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, passed away at the end of November at the age of 46, ending a 14-year battle with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.

“He worked tirelessly to raise awareness for ALS and was directly responsible for the world-renowned Ice bucket challenge,” his obituary said, calling him “a fireball who tried everything in life.”

Anthony was diagnosed with ALS, commonly known as Lou Gehrig’s disease, in 2003.

“It’s a difficult disease and tough when you’re losing,” his wife, Jeanette, told media. “Your body is failing you. But he was a fighter… He was our light. He made our life better.”

The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge went viral and raised $115 million during two months in 2014 — money that went largely to fund research. And Anthony Senerchia played a significant role in getting it started.

Many members took part after the 501st legion was nominated by JJ Abrams.

eRGDj4d.png

Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire (Team)

Back in the day when the 501st was smaller, we actually tried to incentivize people to get out and troop, especially in costumes that were not as popular as the TK.  MEPD was the first detachment to create “patrols” to help build some esprit de corp amongst people who troop together.   The reason why Fire Teams can’t use any 501st or FISD imagery in the logos they create is because they are not official units at all, and only official units can use official branding.  It also means that there are no such thing as “official” Fire Team events either, as only Garrisons and Squads can organize events. 

In this regard, Fire Teams, patrols, etc. are really akin to the Quilted Trooper Brigade, the Muppet Troopers, or the League of Extraordinary Troopers.  Ways to have fun and celebrate trooping in costume together, but nothing more.

I hope that clears the air so everyone is on the same page.  If you do have questions though, please do ask them in the Fire Team area and a friendly staff member will assist you.

photo-thumb-2.jpg

With Unquestioned Loyalty
Paul Hoeffer

TK8020 “Daetrin”

FISD Detachment Leader

nt0EOSc.png

Fellow troopers,

2017 was an incredible year for the FISD, especially with the many CRL updates. This could not have happened without the research of our community and for that, I am very thankful. 

I could not thank enough the staff in the Detachment. Wonderful and hard working people. Dedicated to this passion that we all have. 

Rumors are that an anticipated movie is coming out this week? Barely heard of it… 

Most of us, will probably be busy in trooping rush for The Last Jedi and naturally, watch the movie. Can’t wait to hear all of your comments on it. I can’t wait to see it, I feel like a teen girl waiting for the new Twilight! I know some members have already seen the movie, which I pretty jealous of. 

I would like to take the time to wish each and everyone of you happy holidays to you and your families. May the season bring you the music of laughter, the warmth of friendship and love.

Tolo

Eric Salottolo

TK37427 “Tolo”

FISD Executive Officer

K9lRRVt.png

Greetings Troopers!  The staff is always spending a lot of time trying to clean up and de-clutter the forum.  Recently our focus has zeroed in on the For Sale sections.  I would like to take this time to ask that all members who have a For Sale thread in either the Personal Items forum or in the On Going Sales forum to take the time to update their photos.  We have some topics that have been attacked by the Photobucket incident and the item(s) for sale are no longer able to be viewed.  I would also like to inform the membership that if you create a for sale thread, you will now be required to post ATLEAST ONE photo of the item for sale in your thread.  This will ensure that there is transparency between the seller and any potential buyer of the item that is to be sold.  If the seller fails to post the one photo in their for sale thread then their thread shall be locked and deleted.  Again, the staff is NOT responsible for any transaction that is conducted on the forum.  We urge all members to use the Pay for Goods and Services option through PayPal so that way there is recourse for those involved in a disputed transaction.  If you have any questions regarding the new photo requirement feel free to reach out to me via private message.

starsaber25  

Steve Sheades

TK-10466 starsaber25

FISD Provost Marshall

4HIOxWp.png

Greetings Ladies and gentlemen of the FISD

As mentioned earlier in the news letter, we are moving ever closer to our goal of 1000 approved Expert Infantrymen in the March to 1000 campaign While on this subject, we would like to acknowledge everyone that helped in any way this year, to bring the Detachment closer and closer to this achievement. The caliber of applications that come across our desk is incredible and makes us truly proud to serve. This high standard is a credit to you all and we thank you.

As we near the festive season please continue to submit your applications. We intend to approve as many as time permits up to the 22nd of December, where Tony and I will be taking a break to spend time with family and friends.

We shall resume approvals after the 3rd of January and catch up on the potential back log as quickly as possible.

Don't forget we have until the February elections to try and reach the 1000 mark this term.

On behalf of Tony and myself, have a safe and wonderful holiday break and see you all next year.

Anthony M Jobe

With Unquestioned Loyalty

Tony Jobe

TK-10116 ukswrath

FISD Deployment Officer

&

Andrew M Franke

Andrew Franke

TK-11469 Sly11

FISD Deployment Officer

p1zjAbp.png

CRL News

Want to be a CRL Model?

Also, I’d like to put a call out for CRL models.   Some of our older costumes are out of date and while they were the best at the time, standards and quality have moved inexorably upward.   If you are an EI or ideally a Centurion costume holder, want to be the model for a CRL, and feel you look better than the CRL, do post pictures in the 501st area and let us know.   In particular I bet we can find more accurate HWT, ROTJ, and TKC members.

CRLs Updates!

Exciting news!  First Order Stormtroopers are now eligible for Expert Infantry and Centurion.  Yup, that includes TFA, TLJ, and the TLJ Executioner.  This is great news as it allows our First Order members to be able to apply for these programs and be recognized for all their hard work.

Also, the OT TK's will have a small change to how the right thigh ammo pack is trimmed.  Read more about it here

What else?

The Force Awakens CRL

- Added the ammo pouch as an accessory

- Added the ammo vest as an accessory

- Added the Jeddha patrol pack as an accessory

Rogue One

- Small updates to Expert Infantryman/Centurion to clarify text

Saving the Best for Last - Phasma!

Yes!  The Phasma CRL is getting updated to include Expert Infantryman and Centurion requirements in December.  In addition, be on the look-out for Phasma: The Last Jedi.  The team will be hard at work getting these completed by the new year.

xg3kyEp.png

uDdQQok.jpg

wKfduWI.png

WANTED

Hi all with the upcoming premiere of The Last Jedi and many of us attending troops it would greatly appreciated if you could share your photos to this thread, we will adding some of these to January's newsletter. as well as a link to that thread.

As always you can post a troop report of your event here, previews to these are also included in the following month's newsletter.

Enjoy your troops and looking forward to seeing those photos :salute:

kXmODSX.png

http://www.guarnero.com/images/334_trooper.jpg

What does your TKID mean, if anything.

This comes has come up a few times and it's always interesting to read through some of the reasons how a member came up with their TKID.

A few of the threads to read through are:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/40476-whats-in-a-tk-number/?tab=comments#comment-541080

&

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/36318-how-did-you-choose-your-tk-id/?hl=%2Bchoose+%2Bnumber

&

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/22807-what-does-your-tk-id-represent/

LHOi2Sc.png

A very busy November for Field Training Exercises, with a plethora of great photos and Trooper Reports!

This month we had Troopers celebrating their “First Troops”, The JDRF One Walk, Battlefront II Release Days, Kids Expo, Star Wars and the Power of Costume, and a special Veterans Day / Remembrance Day Stormtrooper Hall of Fame Thread to recognize our military members.

You Troopers have made it very difficult choice yet again, on picking the next one of you to be recognized in the Stormtrooper Hall of Fame.

One of the most impactful photos that caught my eye this month shows exactly what Trooping is all about.

Recognizing TK - 83042 Asa

“It was a good day to serve the Empire”

4f0bbf758cefa7246d5eedc3370d8175.jpg

ATTENTION TROOPERS!!! WANTED: “The Last Jedi Troop Photos” by TK - 85421!!!

With the release of The Last Jedi only days away Glen has started a thread to share some of your awesome photos of that day - be sure to post them here: one of those posts could be our next lucky inductee to the Stormtrooper Hall of Fame!

Rock-on Troopers, Rock-on and a salute to you all!

Aaron Gibson
TK99725
"Pyrates"
Imperial Propaganda Department

XT1Q6qV.png

xw0ArgL.png  

So what exactly are EIB (Expert Infantry Badge) and Centurion levels?

These programs were designed for those who choose to take their armor above and beyond the minimum requirements for basic 501st Legion approval.  It gives you the chance to show a level of dedication and pride that takes your armor closer to being as "screen accurate" as possible, without as much extra work as you may realize.  (You may surprise yourself with what you are capable of)!

It also works on giving a better look to the Legion as an entity, and you can bet others will take notice of your hard work.  The 501st has a list of detailed requirements for Basic approval, (level 1), EIB, (level 2) and Centurion, (level 3) which can be found here in the Costume Reference Library, (CRLhttp://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:FISD_CRL

Here are a few of the questions people may be wondering about:  

1.  "I am a (tall/short/heavy/thin) trooper.  Can I still apply?  Of course!  These programs are open and encouraged for all sizes of TKs, as long as the costume is correct and meets the guidelines.  There are many specific build tutorials to every option, as well as a vast network of fellow TKs on the FISD to help you out and offer suggestions.

2.  "How much extra will I have to pay for extra items"?  The cost is actually quite reasonable, considering the few extra supplies you will need, which are listed in the requirements area.  While it may run you a little more to implement these additions to your costume, they will go a long way to improving accuracy.  All needed items can be found for sale on this thread: https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/16-ongoing-sales-project-orders/

While blasters are not required for basic approval, for EIB and Centurion levels they are, and may need upgrades (also listed in the CRL).

3.  "I haven't even got my kit yet, is it too early to start planning"?  Actually, aiming for Centurion is easiest to do right out of the box.

4.  "I have my basic TK approval, can I still get in these programs"?  In a word... absolutely!  

5.  "Are there any "perks" to this extra work and cost"?  Besides knowing that you have a great looking set of armor, the 501st and FISD believes you should be deservedly recognized for your achievement(s), and allows you to wear the appropriate embroidered "rocker" badge of rank (available for a very minimum cost) on your shirt, helmet bag, etc., as well as rank decals to put on your armor bin.  You will also have access to select "challenge coin" runs, receive (free) a cool certificate for your new rank, and have your title posted below your name in your FISD signature.  Plus, once you reach these levels, you will have the extra knowledge to help out those who are looking to apply as well.

6.  "Is it hard to apply, and what happens then"?   After basic approval, all you do is make sure your armor is up to the standards set forth in the CRL, post a thread with the required photos in the appropriate area (see below), and wait a bit for the D.O.s (Deployment Officers) to address it. (Hint:  Studying other people's threads before you submit can be a GREAT help).  These are also listed on the main page of the FISD site.  While waiting for approval, you will get some comments from others who will offer suggestions and constructive advice to help you out.  If you should need any changes, the DOs will let you know, so you can adjust accordingly.  Don't be dismayed if you do need changes... it's all for your benefit!   After you are approved for EIB, then you can submit for Centurion.  

EIB  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/19-request-expert-infantryman-status/

Centurion  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/72-request-centurion-status/

Note:  You will see some suggestions in the existing submissions/approval requests that, while not actually part of the CRL, are highly suggested items, (for your benefit), such as "flat-head screw heads on the TD (thermal detonator) should be painted black" for Centurion, etc.  Those small details all add up to closer screen accuracy.   

Just remember that the FISD is here to help you every step of the way with whatever other questions you may have, but if you can't seem to find what you are looking for in your research, just post the question, (or PM justjoseph63) and best of luck on your build!

KrmrsH2.png

A new monthly item that lists a few unusual facts about the SW franchise.

This month:  ""Noises off"

1.  The sound of the Imperial Star Destroyer was made by manipulating the sound of a broken air conditioner.

2.  The sounds for lightsabers is a mix of the hum of a 35mm movie projector on idle and the feedback and the feedback produced by passing a stripped microphone cable near a television.

3.  The language used by the Jawas is Zulu, sped up electronically.

4.  Greedo is actually speaking Quechua, an indigenous language of the Andes (played backwards).

5.  Chewbacca's voice was a mix of large animals, (mostly bears).

6.  R2-D2's "beeps and boops" were made by electronically manipulating human (mostly babies) voices.

7.  The alien language spoken by Garindan (the Mos Eisley spy with the long nose) is actually the processed voice of John Wayne.

NT8gcO1.png

bTpfj0Z.png

nissan-star-wars-25-1.jpg

Nissan has a lot of new adverts out with it collaboration with the Star Wars brand, you can see a lot of them here. Also a lot of their Star Wars concept cars.

Also head to Nissan's website, lots of available content there.

t8EkMGd.png

All most that time of year again, may you all enjoy the pleasures of the festive season

39ZpmAs.png

4kRxtqa.png

Voting is now closed and the winning entry which you the members decided is Design 5

Congratulations to Eric TK41970 Etrooper70

Etrooper70 

I would just like to thank all of you who submitted designs, there are definitely no losers here, so many excellent, varied designs. It is amazing how many talented members we have not just here in FISD but throughout the legion, once again thank you all that took the time to submit a design.

W5H3BMR.png

The Last Jedi

For those that are unaware the 501st has been given approval by Disney/LFL to organise troops for the premier of The Last Jedi. There are a couple of rules, as always please make sure the host of the event does not advertise your appearance, BUT you are welcome to advertise on your own / garrison / squad's social media. Also for The Last Jedi you can only visit cinemas, no other retail locations.

Official correspondence from Disney/LFL

· December 14-21: The Last Jedi Theatrical Events

Hi all,

We wanted to send the club leads some advance notice of two events that will be open to costumed appearances by fans without prior approval from Disney or Lucasfilm – the Battlefront II launch, spanning the weekend of November 17-19 (give or take a day or two) and the release of The Last Jedi, during the week of December 14-21.

For the Battlefront II launch, we’re asking that the appearances be limited to those retailers who are selling Battlefront II and that costumed appearances not be used in the advertising for the event.

Costumed fans who wish to participate at special events surrounding the launch of The Last Jedi between December 14-21, 2017 may do so at accommodating theaters without seeking approval from Disney/Lucasfilm. Like the BFII launch, we are asking that costumed appearances not be used in the advertising for the event. We are leaving it to the individual fans and fan groups to independently organize around these events as they see fit, so if you or your group will require a special area for changing in/out of costume, etc., please reach out to the theater management/staff to make those arrangements.

PLEASE NOTE that costumed appearances for The Last Jedi premieres are restricted to theatrical venues only and do not include general retailers, toy stores, restaurants, etc.

We want to thank all our fans for their continued support of Star Wars and look forward to celebrating more exciting movie releases with you in the years to come!

*NOTE* Always follow your garrison/squad's guidelines when in comes to organising Disney/LFL promotional troops.

Zzea6qi.png

Want Your Troop to be Included?

Post your troop report in the Field Training Exercises section here

Those with troop logs please post a separate troop report as it is easier to link too.

November

Kadena Special Olympics

VImwgdT.jpg

More here

By: Asa, SgtGarand , TK83042

St Anthony's Fete

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/923/HkCtWn.jpg

More here

By: Glen, gmrhodes13, TK85421

Ivan and Tabby's Wedding

More here

Battlefront II Release EB Games Mandurah

POydK29.png

More here

Perth Children's Hospital Foundation Big Walk

http://imageshack.com/a/img922/827/544nke.jpg

More here

Battlefront II Release EB Games Rockingham

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/922/UWKeJA.jpg

More here

JDRF One Walk

pwKE0sk.jpg

More here

Special Children's Christmas Party

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/924/T654aO.jpg

More here

Star Wars and the Power of Costume, St Petersburg, FL

Sq3J3wB.jpg

More here

By: Mark, WhiteWalker, TK82666

qvtgYL4.png

http://i.imgur.com/REASe78.jpg

Serve proudly, gentlemen, and and Tim (Dark CMF) says:  "Keep doing what it is that got you here"!

Are you an approved TK that spends more time on the boards than the average Trooper?  Do you enjoy using your knowledge to help out future and existing Troopers?  If so, we would like to invite you to join the Imperial Attache program!

Members of the I.A. team are chosen to help out not only those here on the boards, but on a local level as well.  Our aim is to have at least one in each and every Garrison, Squad and Outpost in the entire legion to be the eyes and ears of the FISD on a local level.

A suggested level of EIB or above is preferred, as part of the duties include assisting those aiming for levels 2 and 3, but is not a requirement.  Being active on the boards on a regular basis , welcoming new members and helping out where you can is, though.  

Some of the benefits:

1.  Access to exclusive Attache merch., including patches, etc.

2.  Having the Imperial Attache title under your name.

3.  Being a part of the team that welcomes new and prospective members of the FISD.

4.  Being the "go-to" person in your Garrison, Squad or Outpost.

5.  Exclusive access to the Attache HQ area, Imperial Propaganda Machine (newsletter) and merchandise discussions.

We are currently in need of Attaches in many units, especially International Garrisons/Squads and Outposts.  For more information on this program, please head here and if you should have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me at any time.

For a complete list of Imperial Attaches, go here

1hgspoA.png

This area lists all those who have gone above and beyond basic approval toward screen accuracy. 

FOR  OCTOBER - NOVEMBER the 1st Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment would like to congratulate:

Expert Infantry Badge Award:

Asa Pittman  "SgtGarand"  TK 83042  EIB 769

Jeffrey  Northman  "jeffnorth86"  TK 33729  EIB 770

Martin Mølgaard  "Dainbrandr"   TK 92527  EIB 771

Paul Mahannah  "Shooter762"  TK 68469  EIB 772

Javier Cardenas  "DarkTrooper71"  TK 17671  EIB 773

Patrick Robertz  "Schmetterhemd"  TK 77217  EIB 774

Tom Harvey  "Poseidon"  TK 52811  EIB  775

Nicholas MacNeil  "Silentperformance"   TK 26329  EIB 776

Jeff Pitts  "Droid Runner"   TK 19232  EIB 777

Tino Jacobs  "T-Jay"  TK 61276  EIB 778

Stephen Edwards  "Gwithian"  TK 14655  EIB 779

Andreas Engstrom  "Coil"  TK 24269  EIB 780

Jim Summerlin  "BDWC"  TK 24233  EIB 781

Brian Edick "Harbinger"  TK 92802  EIB 782

Glen Rhodes "gmrhodes13"  TK 85421  EIB  TFA

Glen Rhodes "gmrhodes13"  TK 85421  EIB  TLJE    (Side Note:  This makes 5 EIB approvals for this Trooper)!!!

GREAT job on your approval, now on to Level 3!

Request your free EIB certificate here

Centurion Badge Award:
http://www.whitearmor.net/eib/centurion_badge.png

Gary Cardenas  "FencingCorvetteTrooper"  TK 72313 Centurion 356

Asa Pittman   "SgtGarand"  TK 83042  Centurion 357

Simon Hansen  "SimonBoba"  TK 32700  Centurion 358

Jeffrey Northman  "jeffnorth86"  TK 33729  Centurion 359

Patrick Robertz  "Schmetterhemd"  TK 77217  Centurion 360

Tino Jacobs  "T-Jay"  TK 61276  Centurion 361

Outstanding job on reaching Centurion, troopers!

Request your free Centurion certificate here  

If you see any of these Troopers around your Garrison or Squad, be sure to congratulate them!

o5imOS4.png

3aJDUFt.png

As many of you are aware, the FISD is currently in our March to 1000 program.  Our goal is to reach the one thousand mark of Troopers who have earned their Expert Infantry Badge, and although we are well on our way to this goal, we still have a long way to go!  The amount of approved submissions is increasing (over 80 this year alone) thanks to the dedication of those willing to go the "extra mile" toward screen accuracy.  

Here is a brief description of EIB as written by Paul (Daetrin), our founder:

"Expert Infantryman status is not required for members of this detachment. It should be viewed as an optional set of requirements for those who wish to take the accuracy of their costumes to the next level, and be recognized accordingly. We're a costuming club - think of it as an award for costuming excellence and you get the picture.

The requirements will not replace or supersede 501st standards, but only serve as an inspiration for the level of accuracy that can be achieved. The standards are meant to be high but achievable..."

Besides the added pride you will have in your armor, those reaching this level can purchase exclusive EIB gear (patches, decals, coins (coming soon) etc.) and get a free certificate for your accomplishment.  If you are interested or would like more information about the program head here that will help.  You can also contact myself or any Imperial Attaché, and we will be more than happy to assist you!

PC8A8HU.png

Racing Shirts

Preston TK91488  has posted an interest thread for FISD racing shirts, it can be found here

Also

Some FISD merchandise now available thanks to Mike TK4510 for organising these.

SILVER COIN.jpg

Interest Thread for Silver Bullion Challenge Coin

Interest thread here

Also

G6LNIMl.png

New Troopers Helping Troopers 3 inch decal, design by Glen TK85421

Decals are $4.00 each, shipped anywhere worldwide

Sale thread here

Also

http://powaysigncompany.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Cent_EIB_Stickers.jpg

FISD Blue EIB or Centurion Red 4 inch sticker with rocker and badge.

Pricing $5.00 each, shipped anywhere worldwide

Sales thread here

Other merchandise available

fisd 97mm disc.jpg

FISD Kit Box

97mm Kit Box Discs are £7 ea + shipping

Sale thread here

Also

fisd ID badge.jpg

FISD ID Badge

ID Badges are £10 ea + shipping

Sale thread here

More FISD approved merchandise can be found here

LxAOZgX.png

Newsletter

We are always on the look out for content, ideas, funny photos or even your TK adventure story so feel free to contact either Danny or myself.

Don't forget to post those troop reports, we are especially looking forward to seeing both your The Last Jedi and Christmas photos.

From the both of us we wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a safe and prosperous New Year, see you in 2018.

f4lx8H6.thumb.gif.a53e4f163cd06b70b40aac

Glen "Q" Rhodes

TK85421 "gmrhodes13"

PRO - Communication

&

photo-thumb-20691.png

Daniel Lauber

TK55550 - "Ripper_L"

PRO - Content Editor At Large

AXQVWcW.png

Don't Forget We're on Facebook and Twitter!

Facebook: www.facebook.com/whitearmor
If you're on FB, stop by and say hi, ask questions, and share stories!

Twitter: www.twitter.com/FISD501st or @FISD501st
follow FISD on Twitter!

Instagram: www.instagram.com/501stfisd

On behalf of the 1st Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Command Staff and the Imperial Propaganda Department

JN4tHJI.png    pUCEitY.png    CnHh3Bn.png    2ep7JWr.png   Y7UThx4.png    

<End Transmission>

rQktppc.png

http://i.imgur.com/1sVQJsi.gif

• Like 3