Skull's First Build - ANH-S (AP)

I thought I'd make a placeholder here to remind myself to keep in touch. My BBB is expected tomorrow but due to the impulse nature of the purchase I am completely unprepared to begin. I'm going to roll around in ABS this weekend and start ordering tools and bits, and hopefully my feline overlord won't object. (She may look like a stormtrooper but her soul is pure Sith.)

gEnsojt.jpg

Edited by Jethro Skull

Oh, USPS, you vex me so...

This morning I get an email (after I'd written to Mark about a missing box) telling me that they expected to deliver my BBB... yesterday! Then I get an email telling me they tried to deliver it... while I was home last night. Really need a head-against-the-wall smiley right now.

16 minutes ago, Jethro Skull said:

Oh, USPS, you vex me so...

This morning I get an email (after I'd written to Mark about a missing box) telling me that they expected to deliver my BBB... yesterday! Then I get an email telling me they tried to deliver it... while I was home last night. Really need a head-against-the-wall smiley right now.

Here you go :6: 

Kidding aside, hope it works out!

• Like 1

Congrats on your BBB. There are a bunch of us doing AP builds and having a great time. I'm a few days into mine.:D I've also found a few other recently completed AP build threads. Darthanael's thread is full of good info.

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 4:48 PM, jethroskull said:

8GYgwi0.jpg?2

Its a cover plate for your Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator, all the best Stormtrooper kits have them! j/k

I am looking forward to watching your build.

• Like 1

After a hectic week I was able to take stock of a few things and start checking off some lists. Orders are out for lexan scissors, E6000, and magnets. Store runs for painters tape, clamps, and who know what else are happening. The only actual progress was rough-cutting the big bits with the metal shears (I decided using a box cutter in my lap in the living room would be counter-productive)...

iKdMIkZl.jpg

• Like 1

Hey, I've enjoyed my build so much I can hardly wait to do it again. (please don't tell my wife...Sandtrooper next time) That feeling of excitement and dread when seeing all that stuff and feeling overwhelmed... Sweet. It's so good to have things in ones' life that cause our hearts to beat faster. Enjoy this. I'll be following your progress.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Sean said:

Hey, I've enjoyed my build so much I can hardly wait to do it again. (please don't tell my wife...Sandtrooper next time) That feeling of excitement and dread when seeing all that stuff and feeling overwhelmed... Sweet. It's so good to have things in ones' life that cause our hearts to beat faster. Enjoy this. I'll be following your progress.

He´s been bitten by the "armor-bug" the only bug you`re happy biting you:duim: Totally know the feeling, at first can`t wait to finish...when finished...hey...I wanna start over:smiley-sw013:

• Like 1

Hardware store run for PlastiDip (got white and black sprays), tape, sandpaper, and a nice Nicholson half-round bastard file. More magnets, clamps, and snaps and tools ordered. Checklist is getting there.

It's funny, I have no problem building a $14,000 bicycle (with internally routed everything and more electronics than Tony's helmets) sight unseen, but this project is making me question my sanity. I know instinctively that it's a matter of space and tools but it is still a strange juxtaposition for me.

Guess I'd better get a tarp to throw over the living room when this starts getting real.

• 2 weeks later...

Minor update:

Loosely assembled the helmet, mostly to get tape lines for PlastiDip spraying...

RlgujdIl.jpg

Got everything taped off, had a brainstorm about KISS styled helmets, discovered someone thought of it long ago...

HySpD7Nl.jpg

Sprayed two coats of white...

Nj2v6CXl.jpg

That's it for now, will attempt to get the Dremel going sometime this weeekend.

• Like 3