GodOfLibra TM ANH Stunt abs 1,5 build

GodOfLibra

Hi everybody I have recived my BBB by TM ANH Stunt abs 1,5 build, and now I have start to build, arrived with helmet assembled, I find from Paul all the hardware, an it's nice

I'm 6'2" and 188/190 lb

ffc79b02bec685c87e212c3f64b22967.jpg

9ecf5697f38c70eeec5b3cf38d099f5f.jpg

4ce5c56ae3de2d25944a00a037c38560.jpg

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

I have begun to cut all the pieces, leaving However an some edge for the measurement, I don't want to find myself with a 'dress Strait, the ABS of the master is really very flexible, but to cut is not soft. now I am following pictures that Paul has shared their Facebook page, the mounting system i'll do it with buttons and the basics of ABS glued but the photos on the mounting are truly exceptional and useful

Right forearm measurements and cutting, with a joint strip used as a reference, to avoid overcoming the return edge (master trick).

I chose a 15mm joint strip for my arms.

b79c4895c72d37f39d54aece00d6a6e8.jpg

94e6403da7b03b4bac9acf70e899bd82.jpg

c6d4f6f29f9744487a24a118fe28362a.jpg

ebdaf475a4add645f331a835fa50380f.jpg

45f33357070ec498d773b030bd931c16.jpg

7509211a71d92c1d45b89efe7cc92978.jpg

Hi Tony!

I'm guessing you already know this, but just to make sure: The two parts should not overlap under the strip, but go up against each other.

On this part, I think the easiest way is to start with the side that has the raised area for the strip (the one you have the strip taped to in the picture) and measure out 7.5 mm (for a 15 mm strip) on each side from where you want the edge of the strip, and then make two straight cuts. Then tape it up and make all size adjustment on the other side.

unfortunately in the photo you see little, but I used a Paul TM trick to mark the measure on return edge, by leveraging the joint strip, and I didn't post the next photo of the result

Looking good, just make sure you nip the edges of your cover strips with a little sandpaper, helps to stop them catching on things ;).

Wow, this is coming along nicely.  Keep up the great work.  Glad to see another TM suit, he does a great job.

Thanks Paul, I love the TM's works, he is really the Master

When you are lining up for the joining strips, I find it better to do one side at a time. When you lay your joining strip on the armour, make sure it doesn't go over the edge along the armour. The joining edges are not perfectly straight like on most (inaccurate) kits so you might end up with one end showing more joining edge from under the strip than the other. Also, don't worry if the parts don't line up perfectly. You can cut your joining strip ends to suit the armour.

ihK7daA.jpg

When you are lining up for the joining strips, I find it better to do one side at a time. When you lay your joining strip on the armour, make sure it doesn't go over the edge along the armour. The joining edges are not perfectly straight like on most (inaccurate) kits so you might end up with one end showing more joining edge from under the strip than the other. Also, don't worry if the parts don't line up perfectly. You can cut your joining strip ends to suit the armour.
ihK7daA.jpg

Thanks Paul of the board, I appreciate it, I tried with my right forearm to overeat, while for the left I measured it separately, and it went better, for alignment I refer to that of the wrist, I am using as reference for the lines of I cut, your hero armor that you posted on facebook recently, I find that there is nothing better than seeing what it should be, to assemble it well, especially for the no return edge part of the forearms.
The biceps line, instead I'm taking it in bottom to align them, I saw that with the joint strip, the part that does not match is covered, now I've to try with the undersuit, to make the size before cut

biceps measured and cut, I have to finish the joint strips above the front of the right biceps, which will be significantly shorter than the others due to the non-coincidence of the pieces

da5dccffce72a71983e1f5d9b8d4014a.jpg

0435ad69231fa79c0b2b15b5c6fa790a.jpg

6239b38f27224ec9a263541a5fb66dca.jpg

49196a777b7a0b209c72f01f7cbb16ed.jpg

330ed71a657cd813131f4b0737d26417.jpg

126195e1e78530feedce1115ee11687d.jpg

65f9a80de87900d393eee6d205221f40.jpg

96f9caeb9141ed5106d9966e30a53d23.jpg

8846c1ad2ca36d3512262729c766a072.jpg

Hi Tony,
Good progress. I'll be following this one as I'm liking TM's stuff. :-)

You'll probably be doing this anyway, but, just a little tip if I may: it will be easier to shape/trim the cover strips BEFORE you glue them.

As per TM's reference photo, each cover strip has the corners trimmed a little, as below:

3d690af35895ac1e7bb6f43cd780bc9a.jpg

It can be tricky to cut them once they're attached to the armour and risks damaging the armour itself if you slip up. (If you were going to do it anyway, just ignore me ;-)

TM is probably best to confirm the ideal way to finish the cover strips.

On a different note, any luck with your Doopys blaster yet?

Dan :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by CableGuy

Hi Tony,
Good progress. I'll be following this one as I'm liking TM's stuff. :-)

You'll probably be doing this anyway, but, just a little tip if I may: it will be easier to shape/trim the cover strips BEFORE you glue them.

As per TM's reference photo, each cover strip has the corners trimmed a little, as below:

3d690af35895ac1e7bb6f43cd780bc9a.jpg

It can be tricky to cut them once they're attached to the armour and risks damaging the armour itself if you slip up. (If you were going to do it anyway, just ignore me ;-)

TM is probably best to confirm the ideal way to finish the cover strips.

On a different note, any luck with your Doopys blaster yet?

Dan :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks, the strips are just resting with the scotch, I still have to start with the glue, at the moment i'm doing cuts and measurements, i'm using as a reference Paul's photos found on his facebook page Tm hero, it's great to see how I cut the stripes according to the type of piece, however if everything goes as I wish, tonight I cut the strips, hoping my son will go to bed soon LOL

Ps for the blaster of doopy I'm waiting paypal, today is the last day for the response from doopy

When it comes to joining the biceps with a short side, cut the length to the short piece. This is an original LFL bicep for reference.

kXRyP39.jpg

thanks for the suggestion, I had already stolen your photos from facebook TM Hero for the shorter strip, but I did not really have the photo of an original biceps, and that's just perfect, thank you, I saw in the picture that the strips are rounded, not trapeze as I see on the armor of all, what do you think?

Hi Tony,

Hehe, I know that feeling, waiting for the little ones to go to bed. ;-)

Yes, the photos on Paul's Facebook page are superb. Such a shame about the Doopy situation. As you know, it took about a month or so for mine, but it did finally arrive. Do you have an alternative in mind? 

Hi Tony,

Hehe, I know that feeling, waiting for the little ones to go to bed. ;-)

Yes, the photos on Paul's Facebook page are superb. Such a shame about the Doopy situation. As you know, it took about a month or so for mine, but it did finally arrive. Do you have an alternative in mind? 

For the hasbro unfortunately no, I know that on etsy there is a kit but it costs $ 100 to send it here to Venice, and it is not worth it, it would serve as a secondary blaster for photos with the children, I others ordered two that should arrive shortly, of course to mount a doopy kit with the barrel, sold by T-jay as it did not serve him, and another by propdudes https://www.facebook.com/propdudes/ he is my friend and he is helping me with the armor

• Like 1

An other night of triming and mesuraments, thigs are the subject now I want to try one more time, then I start to glue the arms, and cut the calf

5595e8c92f454a204739f37e817b1c57.jpg

c1e3986d1f44b48c22d97c27f5ceeaec.jpg

fd07de8a9cae38060cabde91a154f6ed.jpg

e8884f5cf5beed4fdcdd11d02e3eb953.jpg

cf5f3d3b9a5083fed2d8783bab8fada1.jpg

b0e722aabe70e9717035f86656134968.jpg

b3e07040b70bde44ef8daf0c827e869a.jpg

0eb00e0662550cd0e49f97685b6be106.jpg

594f8bfd27e186b3a4efffca9febd6fe.jpg