Question regarding the "likes" option for posts

Bulldog44

After the recent upgrade the ability to like a post was available under each theme skin. But I can't see the like a post button anymore under the the darker gray theme. Under the default theme it only offers a trophy and some emoji faces. Has the like option been removed for good? Is this just a device problem? I am viewing this site on the latest version iPad Pro and iOS. 

If if there is some flexibility in adding and customizing the likes section, can there be some survey to explore this? Maybe having a small range of reactions to a post , for example, like, super! , great progress. Just to name a few. 

• Like 1

After we upgraded from 4.1 to 4.2.1, they re-worked the like button to do just what you're suggesting, but that is not supported in the current version of the skin, so instead of showing the default icon, which would look out of place, it shows nothing instead. If you insist on liking posts, you can change back to the default skin with a drop-down menu at the bottom of the page. 

We will need to upgrade the skin eventually. But the right person needs to do it, otherwise whoever downloads the update will have to pay the $30 required a second time, to get the upgrade.

TLDR

The like option is still here, but not displayed when using the FISD/Engraved skin.

That's strange because I had this topic opened with the FISD/engraved theme. After reading this, I opened a new FISD page and changed the theme to the Default one to see what it looked like, and when I got back to this topic (still with the FISD theme) the "Like" option had showed up in all the posts.

Edit: I tried but can't seem to reiterate it

Edited by The5thHorseman

Like button was there last week for me but I can no longer see, will just wait to see if it shows up again, no rush here ;)

• Like 1