Hero-build for Centurion (hopefully) (APPROVED) [TM]

TheSwede

4 hours ago, Cricket said:

Wow, great progress!  So the torso fits you without trimming?  So lucky!!!

Thanks and jepp..I´m just 5mm shy of beeing the often spooken ideal hight of 5´10 :smiley-sw013: however...at 200lbs there are other challenges :P

latest work-session only got one picture but includes all the more work^_^

Ni72A8Cl.jpg

those split rivets gave me the jidders at first so the first one took as long as the other six :P started with the cod but apperently that didn`t make it in to the pic:rolleyes:

tomorrow it`s painting of the screws and rivets and hopefully I have time to glue the shoulders/bridges and elastic, to complete the torso^_^

well.....painting is done but it`s taken forever to dry even with artificial heat (hair dryer) so back at it tomorrow :duim:

sXiQyuhl.jpg

got some "online help" for the ab-buttons^_^ ...the brushes on the other hand were rubbish so they went in the bin afterwards but the result came out okay I think.

cc5hwjvl.jpg

I can see the straps on the top of the bells are too long and you will end up with big gaps between the bells and chest plate. I forgot to mention it in my build but what you need to do is snap the white elastic shoulder straps to the bell straps and then place the bell straps inside the bells, making sure the white strap touches the bell. I like to allow for a bit of tension so when you have the black straps inside the bell, mark where the strap ends but add 5mm or so. I hope that makes sense :) 

That makes perfekt sense and I actually did snap in the shoulder strap...but I think it was poorly executed on my part since they do look a bit long now when I look at it, thanks for pointing that out:duim:...however I didn`t allow for tension (rookie-mistake:D) so thank you for that as well:salute: remodeling the straps it is!:Stormtrooper_walk_south:

That is fine if you don't connect your biceps to your bells since the bells will just hang freely. In my build on FB you will see that I use tape as a spacer. I know from experience that using the 25mm wide tape gives me the right amount of strap protruding from the bell. See how it goes. It's not a big deal if you have to move the strap later :)

When it comes to strapping your biceps to your bells, you have two screen accurate options:

1) White tape over the bicep strap on your bells directly to your inner bicep.

2) Form a bicep hook.

Either one is fine in my book but I would imagine a hook set up might be a better option for a hero build. Better double check with the staff to see if screen accuracy is allowed ;)

A

3 hours ago, troopermaster said:

That is fine if you don't connect your biceps to your bells since the bells will just hang freely. In my build on FB you will see that I use tape as a spacer. I know from experience that using the 25mm wide tape gives me the right amount of strap protruding from the bell. See how it goes. It's not a big deal if you have to move the strap later :)

Aha! I did wonder but figured it was some sort of protection...:rolleyes: I´ll use that tip, thank you Sir:salute: 

3 hours ago, troopermaster said:

When it comes to strapping your biceps to your bells, you have two screen accurate options:

1) White tape over the bicep strap on your bells directly to your inner bicep.

2) Form a bicep hook.

Either one is fine in my book but I would imagine a hook set up might be a better option for a hero build. Better double check with the staff to see if screen accuracy is allowed ;)

Screen accuracy should be the highest level of approval:smiley-sw013:  I think I`ve read somewere that the interior strapping is of no concern when applying as long as it don`t affect the "look" ......anyways.... I think I´ll let the bicep hang loose for starters....and, never seen the first option before:huh:

Turns out I am a klutz :wacko: coulden't keep my hands of the helmet and started cutting away, all is well and then there's the brow....cut It to short...measured the inside..doh!!:6:....I know the ears will cover some...can it work or should I get a new one? The ones in the movie aren't perfect but Is this a lost cause....

NwWO2BD.jpg

ENf18HT.jpg

Beautifull helmet though:peace:

rnTDMpD.jpg

Edited by jedha-trooper
Beeing a klutz

5 minutes ago, troopermaster said:

Bicep tape. One strip of tape over the bicep strap and another piece of tape across the first piece securing it to the bicep.

XiiBeV5.jpg

And here`s me thinking that was some sort of on-set repair...do you think that it was intentional or for that specific trooper...problem with sliding/twisting bicep etc?..and why not tape the "securing-tejp" on the inside...just playing 20 questions here:P..it`s really fun to discover new things in Movies you`ve seen soooooo many times....for instance, in the cell block area when they are pind down, in one shot Luke is missing a shoulder bell and in the next it`s back on...just recently caught that :)

It was intentional but most likely done by the actor to stop the arms from sliding off. I have tried wearing armour without the arms connected to anything and it's not very comfortable. Who knows if more did it? I have always thought it odd that the arms were never connected to anything.

6 minutes ago, Shanester said:

I like the Hero helmet.  Yours is really coming together nicely.  Beautiful work! 

Thank you Sir:salute: It`s even more beautiful in person, truly a work of art, both by the original sculpter and in this case TM:th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

and...you don`t Think I should replace the brow?

1 hour ago, Shanester said:

The brow is so close I really think the ears will take up the slack.  

1 hour ago, troopermaster said:

The brow is fine. Just make sure you cut the ends square and not on an angle to follow the trapezoids.

lIUpxxl.jpgeKkeMwC.jpg

Gotcha! Thanks I appreciates it:duim::salute:

Just straped the torso together and coulden`t resist this foto-op^_^...so..here goes..

(read it singing for effect:D) I´m half a stormtrooper yes I am :dancing-trooper:

of1lFXfl.jpg

CsOwWwxl.jpg

Left side looks fine (Centurion in mind)

Hc9NEUZl.jpg

Right side indicates a diet coming my way...or...buy a new undersuit size XS and hope for the best ^_^ kidding aside, having the undersuit on just might make it better, we`ll see #fingers#crossed

BNEQ5rAl.jpg

and just to make you jump..TROOPER-SELFIE....:smiley-sw013:

ZaRY3yil.jpg