RS Commission Approval Issues

With velcro

jqGLXZs.jpeg

nV2bzDN.jpeg

Without velcro

c4YE63h.jpeg

I'm having approval issues with my RS commission. I fixed all the other issues brought up to me by the GML, but this is the last issue and it seems to be a RS Prop Master mistake. Quote from GML:

Got your new pics.  The back of the shins still overlap too much.  Do you have them velcroid?  If you look at the back you’ll see where the two parts that form that “V” that meet where the overlapping cover strip is.  They should meet – not overlap like yours are doing.  And the cover strip part looks too wide.  What is the width of yours? 

I noticed on the shin pieces, the hooks don't stay hooked in. They pop out and their is no real tension. I added velcro, but I still seem to be having issues. Any suggestions? I've contacted RS Prop Masters about the issue. Awaiting a response.

You could glue a little tab of plastic inside the outer covering shin, this will hit against the inside of the other shin and stop it closing too far, if that makes sense.

• Like 1

So what your GML is referring to is the outer calf half is overlapping the inner side too much. He is correct, should it hold you back from basic approval? not in my opinion. They may be calling it out due to the angle in which the two halves meet. RS like other armor can look wonky and out of alignment, no grounds for dismissal though.

The outer cover strips appear to be the correct width, roughly 25mm. I'd be very surprised if RS used strips larger than that.  

My suggestion go back to the velcro, when connecting the two halves use the top of the armor halves to gauge the distance, they should meet but not overlap similar to every other butt and strip section of armor.  

• Like 1

This is just my opinion and from what I am seeing is that the calves look too big and could probably be trimmed so there is no overlap happening I would not recommended this unless you have exhausted a few other things first . Another possibility to try without cutting is to reposition the elastics & hooks. If you position them back a bit further away from the edge, they should stretch out a bit more giving you the tension needed to keep the halves closed. Some of the elastics may even need to be positioned slightly higher or lower to the hole locations to pull the halves together evenly. I notice the left calf halves are not aligned. 

When you get the elastics positioned correctly and if the calves don't need to be trimmed, the hook rigging works amazing well. 

Do your calves parts move too much? 

Edited by Bulldog44

That looks much better. Yes, there was too much over lap with the outer sections. A last resort is you could put just a little heat on the outside calf section in the back to have it bend just a small amount so it does not stick out over the inner side (it will bend in just a little). I've seen others do this with large caves. The fixes you did look good though. Good luck!!

If you need to take updated photos, make sure your legs/feet are straight, toes pointed forward. I think the angle of your feet and therefore legs over exaggerates the angles too. Straighter legs would put the join in the middle more I think

This is just my opinion and from what I am seeing is that the calves look too big and could probably be trimmed so there is no overlap happening I would not recommended this unless you have exhausted a few other things first . Another possibility to try without cutting is to reposition the elastics & hooks. If you position them back a bit further away from the edge, they should stretch out a bit more giving you the tension needed to keep the halves closed. Some of the elastics may even need to be positioned slightly higher or lower to the hole locations to pull the halves together evenly. I notice the left calf halves are not aligned. 

When you get the elastics positioned correctly and if the calves don't need to be trimmed, the hook rigging works amazing well. 

Do your calves parts move too much? 

I agree with Bulldog it looks like your calves/shins could be possibly to big, but with all the tweaks you are currently doing I would always test fit with your boots on mate, the tops of the boots can sometimes play havoc with positioning  

Edited by Chopper857

My shins don't move around too much at all, especially when wearing the boots. I'm going to re-submit new photos tonight and will post an update on the feedback. Hopefully I get approved!! I appreciate all the help and feedback!

Edited by SithlordMango
  • Like 3