TK Commander lightsaber

AmmTian

Damn... this forum is not the most popular.

I'm also in need to know where should I be able to find the proper light saber in order to complete my armor?!

I'm looking into doing a Commander just to be able to carry a lightsaber. And it will annoy the Jedi! If you read CRL I believe it say's it's a copy of starkiller's. But for basic I think that will work. From what I can see.

Edited by magni

It is quite hard to get the good information about lightsabers.

Even though the CRL is mentioning the lightsaber, many people still believe it is wrong to get a lightsaber for the TKC.

I would like to find some true references about what to use and what to not use.

Keep in mind that weapons (blasters, sabers) are NOT required for basic approval.  Virtually all weapons for all costumes are listed under "optional".  Yes, that saber is great for basic approval. There is no level 2 for the saber but there is for level 3.  My guess is, your saber hilt is perfectly fine for level 3 as long as you stick to the blade colors listed.

Lightsaber (The Force Unleashed)
For 501st approval:

• The hilt is Graflex style or has the characteristics of the Graflex, (reference Luke Skywalker's lightsaber from ANH and ESB). If the lightsaber has a blade, it may be one of the color blades used in the video game, The Force Unleashed. The choice of blade colors are: Black, Blue, Green, Gold, Purple, Red and Yellow.
  • Note: Double blades, small Yoda style lightsaber, or inexpensive non-FX Hasbro Lightsaber toys are not allowed.

For level two certification (if applicable): For level three certification (if applicable):
  • The hilt shall be made to reference Starkiller's lightsaber (as seen in The Force Unleashed). If the lightsaber has a blade, it may be one of the color blades used in the video game, The Force Unleashed. The choice of blade colors are: Black, Blue, Green, Gold, Purple, Red and Yellow.

• 11 months later...

The only time you see any trooper in TFU carrying a lightsaber is when you (Starkiller) are wearing the costume in game. There are no scenes or situations where you find these guys carrying sabers of their own.

If I carried a saber with my TFU Shadow armor (which I totally plan to do), I would feel like I'm portraying Starkiller more than the trooper who would never use one as part of his arsenal. 

Edited by SolidScrafty
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you all for your answers. I ask because I'm just a bit unknowledgeable on details as I have yet to acquire my first armor. But I saw the saber on the 501st spec ( http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_commander ) under the Optional Accessories category. Just didn't know if a TK Commander can carry both at the same time. Thanks again!

On 6/27/2018 at 11:59 AM, carolinacommander said:

Thank you all for your answers. I ask because I'm just a bit unknowledgeable on details as I have yet to acquire my first armor. But I saw the saber on the 501st spec ( http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_commander ) under the Optional Accessories category. Just didn't know if a TK Commander can carry both at the same time. Thanks again!

Get your application pictures taken without a weapon, get approved, then troop with whatever you want (within reason + ask your garrison leadership). Only time you need to worry about weapons in CRLs is when you're applying for Level 2 EIB or above. 

• 4 weeks later...

I know this reply will come trully late, but I just saw this post. By the CRL, you can use a Episode IV and V Luke's graflex Lightsaber style, so yeah, that will work.

Also, you can actually build one trully easy, this is the one I made from 2 PVC pipes, the "tongue" at the middle was for the on/off button, it ended being too long, anyway, i kept is that way, just 2 pvc pipes, few screws, a couple of buttons and aluminion pieces, and you can easily get your own Starkiller style lightsaber to carry at your belt. 
20170908_190757.jpg.64a8b8c88402339b05d93140e03cb344.jpg20170908_190436.jpg.7aaeb307acb945c4af8643fe362e6e7e.jpg

• Like 1