Ease of suiting up?

Ok, now I have a lot of troops in as a TK I started wondering about a few ways to make suiting up easier and would like to know if anyone has ever tried them and if they are acceptable. <br><br>

One of my biggest pains is the thighs and putting on my boots. Currently I step into my thighs then sit down to put boots on the stand to snap thighs into place. So now I though, why not Velcro the thighs at the cover strips then put them on after I get my boots on. It sounds logical. But the main question with that is how often would that fail. Don't want to be walking around then my thighs bust open.<br><br>

So any insight would be appreciated.

I had a lot of trouble with my thigh pieces until I bought one of Pencap's garter systems (Link below).  Now it takes about 5 seconds each to attach them, I know they will never, ever slip, and have them on both my sets.

This is the way I now get suited up:

1.  Put on the nylon/Velcro belt.  (Cinch it tight enough to be comfortable but not loose).

2.  Pull on the left (or right) thigh piece, pull the strap through the front of the belt, raise it to the desired height, and attach it back to the thigh using the built in Velcro.  5 seconds.  Done.

3.  Repeat with other thigh.

4.  Put on the calves, leaving the backs OPEN.

5.  Slide on my boots.

6.  Close the calves.   

Pencap's thigh garter system:  http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/29991-thigh-garter-system/?hl=%2Bthigh+%2Bgarter+%2Bsystem

• Like 2

I do it almost the same way as Joseph.  The only difference is I put my boots on and then put my shins on.  I have used Pencaps thigh garter system since day 1.

• Like 2

I guesss the fastest answer is that the thighs need to be sealed with the cover strips. Since we shoot for movie accuracy, that's how it was done. There is leniency for the calves using Velcro (most ppl use it, including me) but even in the movies they used the bra hooks and elastic method. <br><br>

So unfortunately, keep at it the way your doing it.

• Like 1

I too put them on in order: thighs, sit, shins, boots, stand and snap thighs to garter. It really should only take a minute. Yes, I know the bra hooks are screen accurate, but Velcro looks fine and works just as well.

Ideally you should be able to fully suit up in a few minutes with zero help from a handler.

I use a long reach shoe horn for my boots, makes life 100x easier.  I have 2x of these in my box http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/small-storage-organisers/racks-stands/omsorg-shoehorn-assorted-colours-art-00064662/I only need 1 but it meas I have a spare.

So belt on, then thighs and clip them into place. Then I do my boots with the shoe horn, don't even need to lean down. Then finally I do the shins, usually by putting my shoe on either a chair or my box to make it easier to reach.

• Like 1

I bought a gopher grabber from WalMart for $12 after I suited up, dropped my phone and couldn't reach it. I leave it on top of my armor box when trooping, for others to use as well. Helps with the struggle of grabbing the next piece or shoes to put on when you can't bend down.

42667f53d8716873087e41749be778a2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

My procedure is close to Joseph's ...

1. Put on Pencaps belt with thigh straps already looped around, and set to desired length (this way there's no monkeying around with one thigh being too high or too low. Once you've set the strap length once, you're always good-to-go)

2. pull on left thigh armor and snap it on to the strap (yes, there's enough room to reach in behind the thigh armor and snap them in place)

3. repeat with the right

4. put on my boots

5. put calves on by opening up the backs of the armor

6. close calves

7. proceed with everything else