First Build - ANH TK

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Just ran into a snag.  I was burning holes into the canvas belt.  put the first snap on that connects it to the abs, and then realised that the second hole is just slightly off so there is no way the other snap would reach.  is there a good way to patch the hole so I could burn another hole next to it?  I got the belt from Imperial Issue (Rob Kittell).  

2 hours ago, rig24 said:

Just ran into a snag.  I was burning holes into the canvas belt.  put the first snap on that connects it to the abs, and then realised that the second hole is just slightly off so there is no way the other snap would reach.  is there a good way to patch the hole so I could burn another hole next to it?  I got the belt from Imperial Issue (Rob Kittell).  

It should be covered by the ammo belt, if so just make another hole

27 minutes ago, rig24 said:

My concern is that it will be real close or overlapping the current hole.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

You can always glue some scrap abs plastic to the cloth belt (over the existing hole) and make a new hole.

On 7/15/2018 at 7:59 PM, ukswrath said:

You can always glue some scrap abs plastic to the cloth belt (over the existing hole) and make a new hole.

I was just about to do as suggested and thought to measure one more time to see how close the new hole would be.  was surprised to see that the original hole might actually fit.  put the snap on the hole and it actually fit.  a pleasant surprise.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Normally the large tab and between 3 to 5 of the smaller tabs, ideal being @ 4 1/2

Image result for shoulder straps whitearmorImage result for shoulder straps whitearmor

Star Wars - A New Hope: Screen Capture-253.jpg   

Star Wars - A New Hope: Screen Capture-235.jpg 

• Like 1

Well, I figured this was just a matter of time before it happened, and that day has come.  I glued the shoulder straps onto the chest and when I picked up the torso parts after the glue dried I noticed that the elastic straps that connect the chest and back are showing a bit.  I didn't occur to me when gluing the cover straps that they should hide the elastic.  I have been using E6000 with the understanding that it was the more forgiving option when putting the armor together.  

So now my question is, what is the best way to soften up the glue to separate the parts?  My initial thought was a hot water bath, but I am not sure if the elastic straps would be adversely affected by the hot water (and they are glued on as well).  Next option would be a heat gun, but I am terrified of trying that and warping the armor.  Is there a better option available?

36 minutes ago, rig24 said:

Here it is.

Well it's not a deal breaker but I'm more concerned about the covers rubbing against your neck. If you used E6000 just remove and reinstall them. 

Well it's not a deal breaker but I'm more concerned about the covers rubbing against your neck. If you used E6000 just remove and reinstall them. 
Thats my question, how to remove? Just pry them apart?

Just now, rig24 said:

Thats my question, how to remove? Just pry them apart?

If you have used E6000 then they will come apart with a little bit of gentle force, then you can clean the glue by rubbing with your thumb or some rags.

• Like 1