SW Live Action TV

FIVE

I really hope they will make the stormtroopers more formidable then they were portrayed in the original trilogy. In every star wars dictionary, encyclopedia, etc... I have read, TK's are supposed to be the "Elite" shocktroopers of the Empire. I would love to see some TKs take down some pirates / thugs, or like, kick some enemies' butt in like hand-to-hand combat or something :)

Haha! I'm with you on that. They couldn't hit water from a boat - the first thing the first stormtrooper boarding the Tantive 4 does is die, en entire legion gets hammered by a bunch of teddy bears.... I mean come on! Elite Troops!

But then again Boba Fett is supposed to be the galaxies most feared Bounty hunter and the dude dies by being accidently hit by a blind man with a stick!

Statistically it's the second guy through the door that dies when clearing a room:-) I can't remember of the top of my head how many they kill in the hallway, but as elite troopers they have a really lousy hitratio at around 10 meters... Hehe

I think we should petition..., yo know, get a bunch of 501st members to send little messages to whoever is creating the TV series ad just ask them "PLEASE have a better portrayal of stormtroopers!". I bet if they get enough letters they might actually make an episode featuring stormtroopers, or telling the story from their point of view, making them better fighters, etc....

I mean, even George Lucas recognizes the 501st fan club. Like I said, if the creators get enough letters, I bet you we could change some things :)

Hypothetical idea for an episode:

Stormtroopers are battling some kind of mercinary / pirate gang. Lots of collateral damage. One stormtrooper takes it upon himself to rescue a child about to be crushed by debris. Or something along those lines ;)

• 3 weeks later...
I actually asked Steve Sansweet about the TV series, and he said around 2011... He was excited about the new movie, and the animated stuff. I met the director of the new movie, and the previews look interesting. Say what you will about the style, the meat of the story is there. LFL has produced some iffy stuff as of late, but I see a renewed intrest in bringing the fanbase up again, so good stuff might be in our future.

I think trooping will become more popular. I just hope the mission isnt lost...

I was reading today that the live action starts airing in 2009. Per lucas. I'll look through my history and see...

Ph1l2007 QUOTE "Stormtroopers are battling some kind of mercinary / pirate gang. Lots of collateral damage. One stormtrooper takes it upon himself to rescue a child about to be crushed by debris. Or something along those lines "

That is an awesome freaking idea, i'd love to see that.

Ph1l2007 QUOTE "Stormtroopers are battling some kind of mercinary / pirate gang. Lots of collateral damage. One stormtrooper takes it upon himself to rescue a child about to be crushed by debris. Or something along those lines "

You forgot the attractive single mom/big sister of rescued child. :zam:

Who makes a cameo appearance for 3 episodes until her "lost/MIA/dead husband/"True Love" :luke3: is rescued/found

by ....the same noble Stormtrooper :trooper: or his squad members/best friends. :td::trooper:

There is ALWAYS a love triangle. :D

You forgot the attractive single mom/big sister of resued child. :zam:

Who makes a cameo appearance for 3 episodes until her "lost/MIA/dead husband/"True Love" :luke3: is rescued/found

by ....the same nooble Stormtrooper :trooper: or his squadmembers/best friends. :td::trooper:

There is ALWAYS a love triangle. :D

Noted. Lets start writing some letters to the director :)

I hope so too. Can't beat the real thing :)

I whole heartedly agree with you on this, but I don't see it turning out this way...I fear that GL will definately be useing ILM alot for this one :unsure:

Saving Kids, rescuing ppl & triangles. I thought we were supposed to be evil :unsure:

That's the common misconception. Stormtroopers themselves aren't evil, but the leadership they operate under typically is. I'm a really big fan of Expanded Universe stories, and I have read comics / books (like Allegiance by Timothy Zahn) that explains that some Imperial Troops enlisted because they believed that they were helping to protect the citizens of the Empire, and to maintain order in the galaxy. In actuality of course, those were the last things on Palpatine's mind, so a lot of times, Stormtroopers are sent in to decimate entire villages to find rebels, and other nasty stuff that makes them look like they are really evil (they are forced to follow orders so it's not entirely their fault). However, there are some tales of stormtroopers fighting thugs and pirates to protect people ;)

We're gonna end up with a whole new uniforms and armors we'll have to emulate.

On the plus side, it might answer some questions about what uniforms should look like, OR open up other accessory options.

The good guys always wear white!

I think having a nice story arch about Stormies would be better than a tube of processed cheese. I love reading about their lives (ie Republic Commandos to TKs in Allegiance).

I've also heard that they are aiming for the fall of 2009 for the pilot. They are currently writing (British and Italian writers), and as some one previous mentioned, will feature Boba Fett pretty prominently (along with some other bounty hunters). Check out some back copies of SW: Insider, has a few interviews with Uncle George and other keys people on the project.

Can wait. I'll get my fill this Friday when I take the kids to the latest flick.

DD.