FullSizeRender%203_zpscip5wqa2.jpg

IMG_0579_zpsas1qfcgn.jpg

IMG_0565_zpsjqbahftg.jpg

IMG_0570_zps7veebtxr.jpg

IMG_0701_zps0glu5lmy.jpg

IMG_0700_zpspazv8mtp.jpg

IMG_0702_zps7nojzc9x.jpg

Edited by Sgt. Bilko

Hi Scott.  Very nice job on your build.  There are a few things that have popped out at me that could probably use some attention.  First is the thermal detonator clips need to be pushed out more to the ends by the bottle caps.  There should be very little to no gap in between.  Also, I'm sure they are there but it is hard to tell from the photos if there are power cylinders on your E-11.  I'm sure they are there but I just can't tell from the photo.  And lastly, this probably won't effect your EIB submission but your snap on the right side of the ab plate appears to be pushed towards the center.  The snap is supposed to be placed at the upper most corner on the right side.  Again I don't know if that will effect your EIB submission or even a Centurion submission but it was just something that caught my eye.

But overall you did a very nice job.  Good luck with your submission!

Looks good, but I see your sniper plates trying to get caught under the thigh.  A bit of foam either in the front of the shin, back of the thigh or both will push the parts away from each other and help stop them catching.

And whilst your in the TD, might as well paint the screw heads black for Centurion.

Good luck trooper.

Thanks Shane and Chris,

The sniper knee does clash with the thigh as I walk as well.  I was going to install stirrups to keep the shins down on the book.  The foam suggestion is a great add.  Seems easy to install, so perhaps I'll start there first.  Thanks for the support!

Scott 

Great looking set of armor, Scott!  For some strange reason, RS has started using pop rivets for the ammo thigh pack which are not permitted at levels 2 and 3.  You will need to replace these with either split (bifurcated) or double cap rivets.  It is actually a very easy fix... all you need is a drill with a bit  (I would try a 7/64ths or maybe a 1/8th size) big enough to drill out the center of the rivet.  That will break the bond, and then you can easily replace them.  If you need two of either I will send them to you no charge, just PM me your info.

See you at EIB soon!

HINT:  Use bits made for drilling metal, like cobalt or titanium tip.  Start with a smaller bit for a "pilot" hole and then move to the larger one.  Be VERY careful when doing this.  It's pretty easy to do, just take your time.  

• Like 1

Hey Scott, thank you for your EI application, let's get started. 

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All the required submission photos have been posted. Your armor displays all the necessary elements to qualify for Expert Infantry. Welcome and congratulations!         :salute:. Beautiful job on your build Jochen       :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

In this section we review observations made by your fellow troopers and ourselves. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. If any suggestion affects any application, it will be listed separately in the above or below sections. Since this section is used to enhance to overall look of your armor we have a few requests. 

1) Not a huge deal but if you could tuck the posterior in a bit that would be awesome. 

FullSizeRender%207_zpszgayemb6-crop.jpg

Reference photo

gallery_12157_11_5412461-crop.jpg

2) Ab snap (right side) out of place. Again not a deal breaker but as Steve mentioned the snap is not quite in the proper location. It's in the proper location if the Ab return edge was smaller or removed but since you're using it the snap should be closer to the seam edge as seen in the reference photo.

right%20b.jpg

Reference photo

gallery_12157_16_24471-cropb.jpg

3) Sniper knee return edge thick. Especially on the left side the knee plate should run parallel with the armor.

IMG_0692_zpss6mfgyxl-crop.jpg

Reference photo

Shins6.jpg

4) Remove ID info from the TD tube and Ear screws touch up. When you get a moment please remove the TD tube ID info lol and your ear screws could use a little bit more paint. There are easy fixes that will enhance the overall look of your armor.

Centurion Suggestions:

In this section we prepare you for Centurion. If there were any areas of concern they would be discussed here. The only are of concern here is the ab to kidney gap. The CRL states ideally there's no gap. This will have to be remedied before applying for Centurion.

Drop Box alignment. As per the CRL your drop boxes are to be aligned with the edge of your ammo belt. They also sit below the ammo belt. A simple fix for this is to glue the connecting strap to the cloth belt.

c16846d1-c9a4-47e4-a3c5-e6e19b942fbe_zps

For level three certification (if applicable):

• Drop boxes are vertically aligned with the end of the ammo belt with minimal gap between belt and box.

Reference photo

gallery_12157_59_37792-crop.jpg

Ab to Kidney gap. The CRL states For level three certification (if applicable):
  • Ideally there no gap between the abdomen and kidney armor.

Both left and right side gaps will need to be closed a bit more. How you choose to do this is up to you.

left.jpgright.jpg

Reference photos

cool%20pic-crop2b_1.jpggallery_12157_11_5412461-crop.jpg

That's it. Excellent job on your build, hope to see you at Centurion.    :jc_doublethumbup: