First Armor Build - Anovos Standard TFA Stormtrooper Kit - Need Input

ultravtec757

Hello,  

This is my first armor build and I'll be using this thread to keep myself on track/organized, ask questions, post pics, etc...

Here is my current parts list -

1) Fantasy Designs cloth gaskets and neck seal - On hand

2) Geeky Pink's phantastic gaskets - ETA 2Q18

3) Stormtrooperundersuit.com undersuit - On hand

4) Anovos TFA standard armor kit (ordered) - ETA TBD

5) Anovos TFA standard helmet (ordered) - ETA TBD

6) Anovos TLJ standard helmet (ordered) - ETA TBD

7) Anovos TFA white rank pauldron (ordered) - ETA TBD

8) Anovos TFA neck seal (ordered, just so I have 2 neck seal options) - ETA TBD

9) Imperial Boots boots - On hand

10) Imperial Boots gloves - On hand

11) Under Armour Heat Gear balaclava - On hand

12) Scorpion motorcycle helmet liner - EXO-C110 (no ear flaps) and EXO-100 (ear flaps) - Both On hand

13) Aker rechargeable voice amplifier - On hand

14) Startech.com 3.5mm Y-Adapter - On hand

15) Anker Astro E1 candy-bar sized ultra compact USB power bank - On hand 

16) Ebay slim computer fans - On hand

17) Hestonkent F-11D (w/ LEDs) and SE-44C (ordered) - ETA 2Q18

If there's anything that I'm missing, haven't taken into account or can't live without - please chime in. Thanks!

Edited by ultravtec757
Updated

1) Yes. You are a mesomorph body type and thats what they're made for. 

2) Might as well just mod the anovos gaskets anyways, you're already getting them with the armor. Do what you feel will be best for your approval level goal

3) Imperialboots is quite well known and you'll probably be fine with ordering your size. They're professionals, but check their website extensively first, maybe even email them. 

4) The standard line lenses should be fine. Echo's can be avoided if you place your mic and fans away from each other or if you have padding to soak up the sound. Fans, mic, audio box. 

5) Check ukswrath's thread http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/34011-ukswraths-first-order-heavy-gunner-flyye-vest-modification/

Hope this helped!

• Like 2

Hey it seems like we are the same boat. I also preordered the FOTK armor from Anovos with zero building experience. I cant answer much for you but I can answer some, so here are my answers. 

1) I cant tell you much. I'm the same height but I have another 20 lbs of beer and love all around my body. Hopefully it fits.

2) I hear alot of people dont like the Anovos ones. I heard they are hard to move in, especially in the joints, and are just straight up heaters when worn. Im thinking of getting a set of cloth ones or the latex ones. As for the neck seal, Im gonna preorder the Anovos premier neck seal. I read that its cloth so for now, that will do.

3) I have the IB boots and gloves. I wear size L for northface gloves and the size L fit me a little short in the fingers but they will do. I have oddly long fingers so an XL will be odd. The boots I bought a 11. I wear 10.5 and have wide feet. they fit perfectly.

4) Cant help much. A voice box, fans, upgraded lens, and aerator are in my list of things to buy. I will do all of htem just because I like the tinkering aspect of it. 

5) I have the heavy artillery harness in preorder for anovos. The pauldrons, I hear the White is Squad Leader, Black is Sergeant, and Red is Officer. I would assume this is purely personal choice. As for the SE-11 pistol and F-11D rifle, I purchased some 3D printed guns that will eventually come. But by the looks of it, it is going to be a lot of sanding, sanding, and sanding. I have a "Heavy"  rifle because I want to do a heavy artillery stormtrooper. You can get a standard for a regular stormtrooper.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If the lenses are the same as the previous standard bucket they're pretty horrible to look through. The VPS upgrade is well worth it.

It will be interesting to see what ANOVOS has done with their belt for the new kit. If it's not the right thickness boxes won't sit properly and will rub armour. I've sold a few kits to existing ANOVOS owners.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info and yeah, I've read that the lenses can be hit or miss. I actually have the lenses saved on my eBay watch list at the moment. I'm trying to decide if I should wait until I have the helmet in-hand to inspect before buying the lenses and maybe even the aluminum aerator. I'll definitely keep you in mind if the belt needs to be replaced. 

Edited by ultravtec757
  • Like 1

Thanks for the info and yeah, I've read that oment. I'm trying to decide if I should wait until I have the helmet in-hand to inspect buying the lenses and maybe even the aluminum aerator.

Definitely way to see. Robert ships quickly and, in the meantime, you'll have plenty of armour building to do!

• 3 months later...

Hi!  Im new to building as well and am seriously thinking about the Anovos build as well...I'm concerned about their shipping times tho as I've come across threads that suggest it takes them forever to ship.  I bought the Anovos helmet (all I have at the moment) at Disney's Hollywood studios so I figure I could just go with the rest of their kit.

Anyone know if they've improved their wait times and its no longer a big issue?  (In other words...if they say 3d quarter...they mean it?)

In an ideal world, this thing would be built by the time TLJ comes out!

Anyone know if they've improved their wait times and its no longer a big issue? (In other words...if they say 3d quarter...they mean it?)/quote]

There haven't been any build threads for the Premier Kit yet. These were due to ship Spring 2017. To be fair, by Anovos' definition of Spring there are still 23 days remaining so shipment is still a possibility.

If you see a whole bunch of build threads occur in the next few weeks you'll know if they're honouring their timelines.

Updated my original post with my current inventory of parts secured/ordered. All I should have left to do is assemble/fit the pre-trimmed kit from Anovos. Fingers crossed that it comes in soon.

Edited by ultravtec757
  • Like 1

I didn't realize that the helmet liner I bought on Amazon didn't have the ear flaps, so I tracked one down on eBay with the flaps. I also made a couple of other inventory updates to my first post.

• 5 months later...
On 5/2/2018 at 8:58 AM, ultravtec757 said:

I didn't realize that the helmet liner I bought on Amazon didn't have the ear flaps, so I tracked one down on eBay with the flaps. I also made a couple of other inventory updates to my first post.

Edited by STP

On 5/2/2018 at 8:58 AM, ultravtec757 said:

Sorry, didn't see a way to delete the post above, but forgot to select "notify me of replies." 

Do you have links to both liners you bought? 

Also, were you able to upgrade your lenses?  Any tips or advice on liner or lenses (I'm going to upgrade my standard line Anovos helmet once it arrives).

BTW, did you ever get your Anovos armor?  Last update above was in May.

• 2 weeks later...