Celebration 2017 T-shirt design contest!

justjoseph63

"Keep on Truckin' Troopin' "  LOVE it!  

Thanks Joseph.

I could go one step further and add a mickey hat to one of the troopers or have the 4th trooper holding a mickey balloon to tie in the Orlando/Disney theme as others are using?

Edited by cjdesign

--------------

Re working a new design... Got inspiration from the 501st boards..

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 2

Good question! Here are the answers:

Yes,

1. It shall say Celebration VIII or Celebration 8 with Orlando.

2. It shall say FISD or "1st Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment" somewhere on it.

3. It does not need to have 501st or 501st Legion anywhere thereon.

4. You can use the year, 2017.

5. Actually it's best if there is no Disney character references (e.g. Mickey Mouse ears).

If you use Orlando, FL the text is fine. If you use just Orlando, then having the outline of the state somewhere, even if small, is a nice idea.

It can instead be a patch. T-shirts are more expensive and people tend to have plenty of them. People collect patches and also sew them on to gear bags, lifer jackets, etc. so are more flexible.

On a t-shirt though, in lieu of using the FISD logo, you can put a small "stepping out" trooper FISD logo somewhere. Not required, but nice to have.

On 2/6/2017 at 3:04 AM, Pretzel said:

--------------

Re working a new design... Got inspiration from the 501st boards..

FWIW, I dig the use of using FISD colors to denote the detachment, rather than using our logo directly.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 2

Here is a concept that me & Pyrates have been working on together... It is still a "work in progress; it has changed since these versions.....but this is the over-all "feel" of what it will end up as.

Obviously this will not work as a patch design, it was designed solely for a t-shirt. (I guess it could be adapted to a patch, but some of the "visual back ground" will be lost or have to be re-done.)
I am still refining the details and layers but thought I'd share what we have so far....

We hope you like concept. ;)

Bucket version
2vDhYMT.jpg

E-11 version2znIoZA.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 9

Here is a concept that me & Pyrates have been working on together... It is still a "work in progress; it has changed since these versions.....but this is the over-all "feel" of what it will end up as.

Obviously this will not work as a patch design, it was designed solely for a t-shirt. (I guess it could be adapted to a patch, but some of the "visual back ground" will be lost or have to be re-done.)

I am still refining the details and layers but thought I'd share what we have so far....

Bucket version

E-11 version

DUDE!  :shok:

• Like 2

zSsoHlY.png

New design, and this will be the one I will submit if I am allowed to only submit one. (I like this as a patch). Thoughts? 

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 9

On 2/8/2017 at 8:14 AM, Pretzel said:

New design, and this will be the one I will submit if I am allowed to only submit one. (I like this as a patch). Thoughts? 

I bow down to your graphic design abilities. Mine were that of a pre-schooler compared to yours. It will be a tight competition between these submissions. Good luck to all

• Like 5

On 2/8/2017 at 1:35 AM, Barcoder said:

Bucket version

E-11 version

Beautiful mood piece!! For a magazine or print this will work great.

• Like 2

I think we need to know how many colors we are dealing with? A t-shirt design should be solid in nature. 3-4 colors max.

Edited by cjdesign

it should stay as "first" not 1st. correlates with the "F" in FISD.

Incorrect. The detachment name has ever been "1st Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment" since I wrote the charter in 2006. Somewhere along the way FISD was born because 1ISD just looked silly I guess. This is why on all detachment merch you may see FISD, but you'll never see First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment".

Hope that helps :)

EDIT: It was originally "1st Imperial Stormtrooper Corp", however the year before we started the Legion created a rule that all new detachments had to have the word "detachment" in it, so I just swapped out Corp for Detachment on the charter. Why 1st? Because the 501st Clonetroopers in EP3 had the blue "i" on their chest, and I wanted to use the same iconography in our logo to show continuity that we were still troopers of the 501st Legion. In the Army they use Roman numerals for Corp, e.g. I Corp = 1st Corp, V Corp = 5th Corp. Since we are using the i, then we had to be 1st Corp.

OK, maybe TMI, but that's the full story.

• Like 10