Undersuit & Balaclava for warm weather trooping

Hi guys.

I'm in the starting stages of building a TK. My white stuff is on the way from the Master and while it's coming, I'm looking at getting all the rest of the things I need.

I'm based in Cyprus so for 4 months of the year we're in high 30's - 40 degrees celsius (90-100f)

I'm looking for an under suite / balaclava that is quite light for the summer times and I'll also get one for winter months as it gets surprisingly cold here.

Looked through some of the threads on here and I think I'm being pointed in the direction of compression gear but would like to put it out there, especially to those who troop in warmer climates, whats the recommended best for hot days?

Cheers

I use Underarmor cold gear and heat gear. They work great for me here in New England. I've heard that cheap brands colors run and stain your armor. We once had a Trooper throw his top in the bin on his armor after a troop. And a week later when he opened it he found his chest plate stained black! With polish and a lot of elbow grease it came clean. Lesson learned, cheap is not always the same and don't store undersuit in bin on armor.

You are much more likely to be too hot than too cold. For me, UnderArmor HeatGear works great for most troops, even those when it's not oppressive hot outside. They also make a balaclava that is meant for hot weather wear.

Having the ColdGear is a nice option to have as well if you plan on doing outdoor cold weather troops, although I don't have any experience per se with it.

I use a compression shirt and pants find them very good in both cold and hot weather, I only wear a balaclava for my FOTK but that is very thin material and I hardly notice the difference

Cheers guys. The under armour heat gear looks good for the Cypriot summer but i see they have a trim near the shoulders and arm pits. Obviously need to follow rules on trims not being visible, can anyone confirm they are not seen under the armour? Def going to go with extreme racings suit for when its not hot

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Heat gear, no balaclava. For the logos, people have either put a patch over them (even tape) or tried to use marker. Tape seems to work better. It's really just the top, usually the one on the leg is hidden by armor.