Turning TK into HWT questions

Pledford

Hey guyes,<br>

So I have a TK ANH stunt. I am ordering a DLT-19 and curious about transforming it into a HWT but not sure what needs to be done or added. Of course a Pauldron (orange) <br>

Dof I have to have the pack? Or is that optional.<br>

Or is it cool for a TK to just have a pauldron and dlt? Just looks cool.<br>

Thoughts?

• Like 2

Add a pack, pauldron, and ammo pouch, drop the drop boxes and thermal detonator.

You can do a regular ANH TK with a DLT-19 (there are a few in ANH, including Han in disguise), but no pauldrons.

• Like 3

Glad to hear you're interested in going HWT Phil. The pack is part of the set. You need it and everything else Paul said. Being a TK is great but being a HWT is awesome! Plus it gives you two costumes with one set of armor. Good Luck Phil and keep us posted.

• Like 3

Hey guyes,<br>

So I have a TK ANH stunt. I am ordering a DLT-19 and curious about transforming it into a HWT but not sure what needs to be done or added. Of course a Pauldron (orange) <br>

Dof I have to have the pack? Or is that optional.<br>

Or is it cool for a TK to just have a pauldron and dlt? Just looks cool.<br>

Thoughts?

If you need help building or buying a pack let me know.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

If you need help building or buying a pack let me know.

Yes I will! I am looking at pack build threads now. Just like with building armor, I am trying to decide which thread is the easiest to follow.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yes I will! I am looking at pack build threads now. Just like with building armor, I am trying to decide which thread is the easiest to follow.

Any thoughts?

Ukswrath has one of the best build threads out there.

Any thoughts?

I will send send you some links to a good thread and reference photos. If you cannot locate any of the pieces, let us know and we can point you in the tight direction. I order stuff about every day.

I will send send you some links to a good thread and reference photos. If you cannot locate any of the pieces, let us know and we can point you in the tight direction. I order stuff about every day.

Awesome! I'm excited about this build! Can't be that difficult right? I mean not compared to a TK build?

Awesome! I'm excited about this build! Can't be that difficult right? I mean not compared to a TK build?

This is not a difficult build.

I recommend following this build thread for the HWT pack build.  This is Tony's (Ukswrath's) build in 3 parts.  This is what I used when I built my first pack.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/30034-hwt-backpack-build-part-1/

Again, if you have trouble finding any materials, just post here.  I can get you a link pretty quick.

2 cents, also I found it made life much easier to have separate waist belt assemblies for the TK and HWT. Frustration saver at troops if you want to switch out mid stream. 

• Like 2

My AM kit came with 2 plastic belts so I was able to make 2; a TK with the ammo boxes and holster then a HWT one with the pouch. All I had to do was buy another fabric belt.

Definitely nice to have both if possible. One less thing to have to fiddle with.

D9903D0F-D916-473B-897A-E8696491DEE4.thumb.jpg.2a65da4197d90d91ec93300ce766e119.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated
  • Like 2

2 cents, also I found it made life much easier to have separate waist belt assemblies for the TK and HWT. Frustration saver at troops if you want to switch out mid stream. 

Tony is absolutely correct on this.  Since there is no holster or drop boxes on the HWT, it saves a ton of time taking them on and off.  Also, your canvas belt will get "dirty" from the weathering, (as it should be), so if you are planning on switching costumes often, your regular shiny white TK will look bad.  Alternatively, you could go HWT full time!  :duim:

• Like 1

On 1/1/2017 at 10:41 AM, SheaJeff said:

My AM kit came with 2 plastic belts so I was able to make 2; a TK with the ammo boxes and holster then a HWT one with the pouch. All I had to do was buy another fabric belt.

Definitely nice to have both if possible. One less thing to have to fiddle with.

Lucky you :duim:  The good news is both belts are 501st approveable, the bad news is the belt on the left is not excepted at EIB or above.

:duim:  Love your positive attitude Shea

:duim: We are all equal here as 501st stormtroopers. EI & Centurion are very nice costume recognition achievement awards, but a 501st member is no different than any other.
  • Like 3

:duim: We are all equal here as 501st stormtroopers. EI & Centurion are very nice costume recognition achievement awards, but a 501st member is no different than any other.

Absolutely!

• Like 2