CRL confusion: What's an FX?

Pele

Greetings, 

First time posting. Finally got around to working on my ANH build, 

and I was looking at the CRL's. 

Since I bought, didn't make my helmet,

I was wondering on the line about the FX armor and helmets. 

As neither their armor or helmets are eligible, 

Couldn't find in the forums, is FX a producer or construction type?

So new to this, it's a lot to wrap my head around. 

On 12/11/2016 at 1:49 PM, Pele said:

Greetings,

First time posting. Finally got around to working on my ANH build,

and I was looking at the CRL's.

Since I bought, didn't make my helmet,

I was wondering on the line about the FX armor and helmets.

As neither their armor or helmets are eligible,

Couldn't find in the forums, is FX a producer or construction type?

So new to this, it's a lot to wrap my head around.

Fx lid is oversized an inaccurate

Here's a shot of an FX lid next to my rwa lid

-----------------

Marc

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 1

CTID

What's an rwa?

RWA is a maker of armor Edited by gmrhodes13
  • Like 1

justjoseph63

It's an Anovos kit, but I was looking to upgrade the lid, as the Anovos one felt kind of flimsy. Before moving forward, I was hesitant to do so without some expert opinions. 

To "beef it up" you can always line the inside with a few layers of black Plasti-Dip, John.  Some use the spray, but for maximum thickness you can use the brush-on type with alternated layers of cheesecloth.  Be sure to sand and clean it thoroughly for better adhesion.

• Like 1

justjoseph63

It's an Anovos kit, but I was looking to upgrade the lid, as the Anovos one felt kind of flimsy. Before moving forward, I was hesitant to do so without some expert opinions. 

The method of construction is standard to all makers, but some use a slightly thicker material.  I don't feel you're going to gain anything from an "upgrade" other than a mismatched white colour.  The Anovos white is very much creme and there's very few makers, if any, that supply in anything close to it.

RWA don't have a site, you'll find a lot of the TK kits are sold behind closed doors.  It makes getting your foot in door tricky but if you have an Anovos kit you'll be fine.  There's plenty of people here with them and they can be built to an incredibly high standard if you take your time to do it right.  Mine is Anovos, theres a full build thread in my signature.

You haven't set up your profile so I can't tell where you are?  Where are you based?  Signing up with you're local Garrison is always a good way to get some local help if needed and all Garrisons have differing procedures to get trooping so it pays to sign up early.

• Like 3

The method of construction is standard to all makers, but some use a slightly thicker material. I don't feel you're going to gain anything from an "upgrade" other than a mismatched white colour. The Anovos white is very much creme and there's very few makers, if any, that supply in anything close to it.

RWA don't have a site, you'll find a lot of the TK kits are sold behind closed doors. It makes getting your foot in door tricky but if you have an Anovos kit you'll be fine. There's plenty of people here with them and they can be built to an incredibly high standard if you take your time to do it right. Mine is Anovos, theres a full build thread in my signature.

You haven't set up your profile so I can't tell where you are? Where are you based? Signing up with you're local Garrison is always a good way to get some local help if needed and all Garrisons have differing procedures to get trooping so it pays to sign up early.

Some great advice there Chris!

Marc

• Like 2