Blaster weathering....

Hello all.

I'm doing my first TK build and working on.an E-11 blaster (pipe build with Doopydoos resin parts)

It's pretty much done apart from the final coat of paint and lacquer/varnish. The question is : do I leave it as anflat black or do I weather it?

And if weathering is the way forward how far is it advisable to go? A light dry brushing of scratches or full on battered bit of kit?

Also any advice, tips and tricks anyone can pass on would be brilliant.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Can you borrow a friend's blaster? See how theirs is. Want more than their's, or less? Shoot for that. ;)

I plan to use my Hyperfirm as a general model.

Drybrushing tends to be best technique, but there are lots to choose from for those with multiple skillsets.

I always think a minimal approach to weathering looks best - just a few hints of silver dry-brushing on the heavy wear areas gives it a more authentic steel look about it IMO.

Like Mark said, sometimes less is more... just remember not to weather the T-tracks.  Also, the scope should be done with brass colored highlighting paint..  I used the "dry brush" technique, and just hit the areas where it would normally show wear and tear.  Here are some photos of it if that helps.

20160725_075435_zpstlpvowxf.jpg

20160725_07542320-20Copy_zpsxdzkrlzl.jpg

20160715_154444_zps29tpq7sw.jpg

The weathering topic splits into paint chips and wear & tear. A combination of both makes it believable.

You can check the FISD E-11 Blaster Reference for details (see link in my signature).

And like others already said: less is more. The degree of weathering on your pictures looks good.

• Like 2