Protecting boots from the elements?

Can anybody recommend a good treatment to protect my new super sexy imperial boots from the elements?  I would like something that makes the process of cleaning up dirt, salt, grass stains and blood stains a bit easier.  Maybe even a little water proofing as well.  I imagine there must be a spray of some sort, but I'm not 100% sure what it is that I'm looking for.

Thanks!

Maybe just some Scotchguard? They're just leather boots, after all. Your local shoe repair place should have plenty of good options. Perhaps a camping store will have a good waterproofing material you can use.

• Like 1

The factory finish should be good enough to protect them from the elements..  My Imperial boots have been through pretty much everything, and have held up fantastic!  I suppose you could add a coat of clear Kiwi shoe polish, but I would be careful about spraying them with a waterproofing product, as some can remove the paint.  Another thing I highly suggest is to keep shoe trees in them to keep them stretched between troops.  ----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 3

They're leather boots. Same as any other leather boots you may have.

Some people are firm believers in shoe stretchers everytime they put their leather shoes away. Certainly doesn't hurt your shoes to do that. Might even help! (something?)

I personally don't bother, and have not experienced any shrinkage over the past 6 months. (other than that one time in a cold pool...)

Edited by kman
  • Like 1

I stuff material in my boots while they are stored in my box, helps keep their shape.

Not bothered with a treatment on them, I do like the odd scuff or mark.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Have a few scuffs and one long scratch I don't know how they got. Any recommendations on cleaning /polishing? White shoe polish? Would also love a way to tint slightly to match the Anovos, Imperial Boots are a starker white. Figured maybe with time it would even out, same with TKittel belt.

• 3 months later...

I'll wait for the armor to catch up w/ the scratches before making a switch to HWT or Sand, 1st year so it's been staying pretty shiney otherwise.

For now I'll try polish to fill the scratch and blend, maybe one more season, after the harvest, I'll join the Academy and go Commander.