Centurion Waist Shim Cut

Hi!

Just wanted to ask you folk where I should cut my shims with the 22mm measurements as this would be my last step to request Centurion status!

I have attached a couple of pics, just wanted to make sure before I cut anything!

Thanks family!bd49e5372bea9ee1929f34d8cfec9180.jpg2ae11cb71a7f53c8c001cbe2274e9fba.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking pretty good, Tom!  2 quick things, though...  Can you tighten up the gap on the left side?  You should have no problem for level 1, (EIB), but level 2 (Centurion) may require it to be closer together.  If you used elastic for the connection you may want to think about using nylon webbing instead, which won't stretch.  Also, I would recommend rounding the corner on the top left side shim slightly.  The reason being that it can snag on your undersuit and possibly make a hole or tear in it.  Good luck on your application!

For level two certification (if applicable):

• Any gap between the abdomen and kidney armor is no more than 1/2" (12.5mm) wide.
    • Any shims used to achieve this effect are of a similar material and color as the abdomen and kidney armor. Shims fit flush and seams are allowed.

For level three certification (if applicable):

• Ideally there no gap between the abdomen and kidney armor.
    • A single visible seam line is present.

This graphic may be helpful. It was developed during the recent discussions of adding shim information to the CRLs. I don't know if they got around to formally updating the CRL text yet, but this was the final conclusion in the thread:

20160719125857-a1719a76-la.jpg

Here was the discussion thread re updating the CRL re shims:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/36618-crl-change-discussion-kindey-notches-for-all-tk-costumes/

• Like 3

OK, so I would be case B. Would have to take the cut all the way back to the butt plate

Thanks! Will do a diagram and post before cutting:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uhm....check with sly or ukswraith...if the armour wasn't made with the 22*22 notch it's not required anymore.

That's extremely interesting! I applied for Expert some days ago and included the question there, suppose they will answer when they get the chance.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Uhm....check with sly or ukswraith...if the armour wasn't made with the 22*22 notch it's not required anymore.

The poll was, um,  polled, in favour of making the notch optional, but the CRL hasn't been updated yet

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/37000-crl-change-poll-kidney-notches-for-all-tk-costumes/

• Like 1