HWT Pack Build - SheaJeff

For my waist pouches I superglued two tape measure clips on each end and they hang nicely. My chest one hangs from my pauldron. The angle wouldn't ride right on my backpack strap. Pushing my chest plate to the side. Plus after 4-5 hrs I can lose pack and still have all the pouches.

Something like this? Springfield Leather Company Black Large Belt Clip https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DV19JE8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_McQGxbKVKTWVR

It would be great, but the clip would probably scratch the armor.

Under the belt? Not seen,right. But you could use the soft side of some industrial Velcro on clip face.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So here is what I did, uses the nylon to create a loop, close it with snaps, then added Velcro on the back of the belt and the strap to keep it from moving. As you see it took me 2 times to get proper placement of the snap so it looked right.

1cd7b0f908212a85fa7f103841e245f2.jpg

e4d8d7ded98367e9d84507365309e314.jpg

c7739e95ec921234aea8cfb60a429f58.jpg

ffb40dd4a482ad160ae4977937f9a104.jpg

30957367cac8a3bc3b47304d4fd08bcd.jpg

ae025826e9c6c05d1d1353ea80cdd642.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

For my waist pouches I superglued two tape measure clips on each end and they hang nicely. My chest one hangs from my pauldron. The angle wouldn't ride right on my backpack strap. Pushing my chest plate to the side. Plus after 4-5 hrs I can lose pack and still have all the pouches.

Could you post a couple of pictures please.

I like the flexibility your solutions would offer.

The Velcro is covering the top rivit from scratching my chest plate. The other rivit is to the right in photo

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

So here is what I did, uses the nylon to create a loop, close it with snaps, then added Velcro on the back of the belt and the strap to keep it from moving. As you see it took me 2 times to get proper placement of the snap so it looked right.

1cd7b0f908212a85fa7f103841e245f2.jpg

e4d8d7ded98367e9d84507365309e314.jpg

c7739e95ec921234aea8cfb60a429f58.jpg

ffb40dd4a482ad160ae4977937f9a104.jpg

30957367cac8a3bc3b47304d4fd08bcd.jpg

ae025826e9c6c05d1d1353ea80cdd642.jpg

How did you get the velcro to stick on the belt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its got adhesive on the back. Just stuck it on. If it ever starts to come off I will just use some e6000 to stick it back on.

• Like 2

Allan,

What size webbing is that?

I was looking at mine this morning and due to the angle of the loops on the pouch, it looks like the pouch will be slightly angled. Looks like this is what's happening to yours in the picture, correct?

Its pretty straight. Look at the fist picture I posted. You can always adjust how it sits with the Velcro. The webbing is 1.5" wide.

Its got adhesive on the back. Just stuck it on. If it ever starts to come off I will just use some e6000 to stick it back on.

Sew it. Adhesive hates heat. Even the fire extinguisher adhesive velcro. Or use snaps.

I think they are pretty much they same and can be used for either. The one just has the button recess. But I think either can by used interchangeably.

• Like 2

I think they are pretty much they same and can be used for either. The one just has the button recess. But I think either can by used interchangeably.

UKswrath is saying that it should be the one without the recessed area and that I need to take the "larger" squares and put them on the flat belt with the dimples.

Perhaps I'll use that belt for the TK (with the holster and drop boxes attached) and buy another canvas belt and use the indented belt with the smaller squares for HWT if it doesn't matter. That way I don't have to worry about drop boxes and the pouch when I switch between the two.

The CRL for HWT and TK aren't specific with enough detail.

What do you guys think?

• Like 1