HWT Pack Build - SheaJeff

Darn, I glued them before I waited for an answer. Oh well.

First made a box with the photo box Modgepodge method but wasn't excited about cardboard so I ended up getting a couple of those clear picture "cube" type of frames and gluing then together.

C877A6B9-F7AD-48C7-B966-C3366FBD15C9.jpg

As for the knobs, I would stick with the milk jug caps or something similar... A big glob of E-6000 underneath each one will hold them on nicely.

I'm not going to sweat the knobs right now.

If guys can get approved with packs that look like Ghostbuster packs, then hopefully this will be ok. If not they are easy enough to change.

Who got approved with a "Ghostbuster" looking pack, Shea?  Certainly not any EIB or Centurion HWTs that I have seen...  Would be interested in seeing the pics.

First I gotta say "I ain't afraid of no ghosts" but seriously,Shea we all have a little differences in our packs because, we each build our own. But the one thing that seems to be the same is the old milk jug/sport drink caps. My only notice is that yours look "thick" I'll call it on the cover. Plus side note: I believe Egon built all the GB packs. Doe,Ray,Me,Egon!!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to Allan, I now have one of these for the tube.  :duim:

1. How long should it be?  It seems pretty long now.

2. If I cut it, do I cut off the larger sections on the ends and keep the sections that are all the same or keep one/both of the larger ends.

3. How should I shape it for a radius around the pipe?  It's pretty thick and long, and may be difficult with the heat gun.  Any recommendations?

5BC59764-FB9B-4983-8901-8B02B5EB1BB3.jpg

• Like 1

I used 7 of the bumps in the middle. I tried to give it a water bath but it didn't work so I used a heat gun to bend it to the contour of the tube. I will see if I can find a picture of mine.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Yah! Allan! Troopers Helping Troopers<br><br>

Good luck and take your time with that heat gun Shea. It'll bend.

That's what it's all about here. Troopers helping troopers!!

Bravo! Shea. Pack looks great. You're almost there, can't wait to see it battle tested. You going with antenna in drain plug?

Apparently there was some differing opinions on the antenna in our Garrison during another's approval so I'm going to leave it off for now.

Apparently there was some differing opinions on the antenna in our Garrison during another's approval so I'm going to leave it off for now.

It's not up to the Garrison to decide whether the antenna belongs there or not. It's in the CRL of the 501st; that supersedes what the Garrison says. And a combat radio with no antenna doesn't make sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

This is an old problem that oddly has not been revised. There are screen captures of the HWT from Battlefront 2 here in the FISD. My HWT Pack build was based off of "Ukswrath" with some slight mod/changes here and there. Otherwise yes, the posted picture for HWT is incorrect as that pack is for TD (Sandtrooper).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

How would you guys suggest that I attached my pouches to the shoulder and belt?

The shoulder one actually works pretty well on the backpack strap I think.

What about to the belt?

Both of them have the loops on the back at this angle:

61C6CA47-2330-4829-A488-D75900D71666.jpg

For my waist pouches I superglued two tape measure clips on each end and they hang nicely. My chest one hangs from my pauldron. The angle wouldn't ride right on my backpack strap. Pushing my chest plate to the side. Plus after 4-5 hrs I can lose pack and still have all the pouches.

• Like 1

I made a strap out of nylon with a snap on it. I looped it through and put some Velcro on it so it does slide around.

628834b73475e7a3ca06aecf3a778673.jpg

425c7bf5103d76e4ec342cafaa7639d3.jpg

I don't have any close ups, but can get some if you want.