About to pull the trigger on my first armor. Walt's Trooper Factory Armor, or RS Propmasters, thoughts?

I'm about to make a move on my first TK armor :). Any thoughts, input on Walt's WTF Armor? Been talking with him and have seen his work, seems really good! Anyone here with Walt's armor? Your thoughts and input or other suggestions appreciated! Was looking into RS Propmaster armor as well.

B@t

I have Walt's Magma Armor...currently building it between gluing phases of my Anovos TK....So far...Walt's plastic is thicker...you build it entirely yourself including helmet and you either paint it or order decals for it.  Like most armor makers, there is slight differences in molds, but so far, I am quite pleased with the way my Magma is coming along.  You can't beat his turnaround time either compared to others and his customer service is outstanding.

• Like 2

I like Walt's stuff. I troop with a couple of guys who have it and it looks great. The RS is top notch. Much depends on what you want to pay.

• Like 1

Walt is good and pumps out the armor. He probably has the quickest turnaround time right now. His customer service is great too.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

those were the two i chose between as well, i ended up ordering with RS. RS has a bigger price tag for obvious reasons, if you are after screen accurate go for RS, if you want a great looking kit on a smaller budget go with WTF,.

RS moulds are casted from a screen used suit so if you're looking for lineage, accuracy and original size go for RS.

TM is also the most accurate fan made sculpt you can get if accuracy is what you are going for.

However as said before if you are on a budget, Walt has better prices although I have yet to see one in person.

I'm not sure about your height or Walt's armour sizing but RS is better suited for a guy with a height within a couple of inches taller or shorter than 6 feet. I'm 5'8" and I managed to make my RS work on me but with minimal gaps between the thighs and shins.

• Like 1

RS moulds are casted from a screen used suit so if you're looking for lineage, accuracy and original size go for RS.

TM is also the most accurate fan made sculpt you can get if accuracy is what you are going for.

However as said before if you are on a budget, Walt has better prices although I have yet to see one in person.

I'm not sure about your height or Walt's armour sizing but RS is better suited for a guy with a height within a couple of inches taller or shorter than 6 feet. I'm 5'8" and I managed to make my RS work on me but with minimal gaps between the thighs and shins.

Evan, appreciate your input. I'm 5'9" 163 lbs, so this may work for me :).

B@t

I have both. walts for trooping. rs for display w the hdpe helmet. Walts pull of the Gino style helmet is real good.....capturing all the bumpy cap goodness you only used to get on paper thin styrere back in the late 90s. so get both :)

• Like 1

If i can put some input,,,,<br>

I love them all<br>

I wish TM would move to the states...same with RT<br>

I loved my RT. and TM is cool to work with. but i have never owned his<br>

WTF that guy is wacked

haha, decsiions decisions. I told myseld I will make a move on something by the end of this month for sure ;). Been doing alot of reading and researching. This site is awesome! At this point, I'm on the fence between Walts, RS, and AP's, ugh...

B@t

I bought TM. I love it such beautiful armour and Paul is great to deal with. I was considering RS but TM won out in the end. I wanted a ANH screen accurate build and wanted a Hero build. Very few makers offer Hero.

• Like 1

I bought TM. I love it such beautiful armour and Paul is great to deal with. I was considering RS but TM won out in the end. I wanted a ANH screen accurate build and wanted a Hero build. Very few makers offer Hero.

ANH, Hero, stunt, Roth, what are the differences?

B@t

Edited by Bluebat