SpiceCredits ANH Stunt Build Thread [AP]

I haven't recieved my official 501st email yet, BUT…I got my GML approval/Welcome to South Texas Squad of Star Garrison email, so it's only a matter of time now! Woot woot! If all goes well, I should be TK-50879 soon. :D

• Like 5

I haven't recieved my official 501st email yet, BUT…I got my GML approval/Welcome to South Texas Squad of Star Garrison email, so it's only a matter of time now! Woot woot! If all goes well, I should be TK-50879 soon. :D

Congrats! You deserve it for all the hard work you put in! Your TK ID is only 20 different from mine too!

Jim - TK50899

• Like 2

BOOM! It's official guys!!! Glad to be on board with all you fine troopers! Thanks again for all your help and kind words! 

Hello Imperial Citizen!

Due to the work you have done for the Empire, along with your correspondence of your Garrison Membership Liaison (GML)  and the Legion Membership Officer, your application to join the 501st has been approved!

Your new TKID is: 50879

• Like 7

Thanks, Jim!!! Right?? I told ya! :) I thought that was cool when I actually noticed that!

Mine is the day I met my wife. May, 8th 1999. After all she is the reason I was able to do this and supports all my geeky ideas.

Jim - TK50899

• Like 2

Whoop Whoop!! Congrats brother! :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:  So stinking awesome and honored to be part of your journey. Amazing and inspirational!

Keep pluggin away and updating and sharing, the journey isn't over yet. I'm still tweaking things out on mine and I haven't even trooped yet.

My birthday is May 6th!!! I knew there was a reason I liked you.  :laugh1:

So excited for you!

• Like 1

Whoop Whoop!! Congrats brother! :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:  So stinking awesome and honored to be part of your journey. Amazing and inspirational!

Keep pluggin away and updating and sharing, the journey isn't over yet. I'm still tweaking things out on mine and I haven't even trooped yet.

My birthday is May 6th!!! I knew there was a reason I liked you.  :laugh1:

So excited for you!

Thanks Jorge!! Whoody whoop!!! :smiley-sw013: I appreciate all the kind words, and I'm glad you hung around through what seemed to feel like forever. lol I'll definitely be doing that. I have some things I want to get done before my first one as well! Fans being a big part of that. I'd like to get my iComm first too, but not sure if that'll happen. I guess I can just be silent if not. lol  Oh yea?! How funny!! It's that Taurus intuition! :laugh1:  lolol 

• Like 1

You can definitely use an amp without the iComm...that's what I've been doing. Before, I was kind of just shouting hahah. Yes, fans will be a lifesaver for outdoor troops, especially given the heat I assume you experience in Texas!

• Like 2

BOOM! It's official guys!!! Glad to be on board with all you fine troopers! Thanks again for all your help and kind words!

Hello Imperial Citizen!

Due to the work you have done for the Empire, along with your correspondence of your Garrison Membership Liaison (GML) and the Legion Membership Officer, your application to join the 501st has been approved!

Your new TKID is: 50879

WOOOOO-HOOOOO!!! Congratulations TK - 50879!!!!

Chest bump

Edited by Pyrates
  • Like 2

You can definitely use an amp without the iComm...that's what I've been doing. Before, I was kind of just shouting hahah. Yes, fans will be a lifesaver for outdoor troops, especially given the heat I assume you experience in Texas!

I was just made aware of using just the amp as well with my squad leader. That's good to know. I was hoping I wouldn't have to be a yeller also. lolol Pus it kinda ruins the effect when it's a low dull voice coming from the helmet. I think I'm going to order mine here in the next few days. :)

• Like 1

Are there any good tutorials or anything for cutting the long plastic "bracket" that most people use for installing fans inside the helmet?

Jim, did you just eyeball yours?

Sort of. I used a piece of cardboard from a flattened out cereal box and free handed a template and test fit it a few times and tweaked it until I had what I wanted. Then traced it onto the plastic and cut away!

Jim - TK50899

• Like 3

Actually, if you don't mind documenting your bracket build, I will use that to build one as well! I have some velcro in my helmet that's not quite doing teh job right now and have been lazy hahah. They're pretty loose in there.

• Like 1

That is very cool Rick. Congratulations. This has been a very awesome thread to follow. I learned a lot from it. It's been a great contribution to these boards.

Thank you very much!  Heck yea!!  I'm really glad it was helpful to you. That makes it all worth it. :duim:

Sort of. I used a piece of cardboard from a flattened out cereal box and free handed a template and test fit it a few times and tweaked it until I had what I wanted. Then traced it onto the plastic and cut away!

Jim - TK50899

Awesome. I have a box of Honey Nut Cheerios that'll be on it's way out soon. :P

• Like 1

Actually, if you don't mind documenting your bracket build, I will use that to build one as well! I have some velcro in my helmet that's not quite doing teh job right now and have been lazy hahah. They're pretty loose in there.

Deal! I'll do that.