SpiceCredits ANH Stunt Build Thread [AP]

Are you doing stir ups as well?

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

I am, but I'm contemplating removing them maybe. I think the velcro on the boots may be enough. Plus it's kinda tough to get them to stay in place when putting the boots on! I'll probably leave them for now and  see how I feel about it down the road. I was thinking of sewing another piece of elastic to the bottoms of the stirrups to slide my foot into to keep them from wanting to slide off my foot as I am putting the boots on.

Also… who didn't cross their fingers?? It's pouring so hard right now. Photos may have to wait again (UGH!) if it doesn't let up by 5.

• Like 1

I am, but I'm contemplating removing them maybe. I think the velcro on the boots may be enough. Plus it's kinda tough to get them to stay in place when putting the boots on! I'll probably leave them for now and see how I feel about it down the road. I was thinking of sewing another piece of elastic to the bottoms of the stirrups to slide my foot into to keep them from wanting to slide off my foot as I am putting the boots on.

Also… who didn't cross their fingers?? It's pouring so hard right now. Photos may have to wait again (UGH!) if it doesn't let up by 5.

We should just set up a live feed and the guy on the other end can just do screen shots then email them to you!

Lol!

Jim - TK50899

• Like 2

Ok… The moment we've all been waiting for! lol

Here are my submission photos that I am sending immediately after posting this. :)

I hope my armor does the FISD, and my fellow troopers proud. It's been a long journey and at times I thought I'd never be finished. I learned a lot, I grunted a lot, but most importantly… I made it through without a single cut. Whew! :) Putting this armor together, along with the research, has given me a deeper appreciation for the design of the stormtrooper. I had a great time building it, and I "met" some really cool and helpful people along the way. Thanks to all my fellow troopers who have given me advice and helped me make this the best armor I could make. Special thanks goes to Lucnak, MoSc0ut, zv288bot, Pyrates, and Sentry71—I really appreciate all your help and thanks for sticking around!

I'll continue to post any changes I make in the future. I still need to fix TD screws for Centurion, add iComm and Aker, add fans to helmet and I think I'll be adding hard hat liner in the helmet also. I'm also probably going to add some bicep foam and trimming the backs of the thighs and shins for movement. I'll be adding EIB and Centurion thread links…once I get there. I still need a blaster too. lol

But!… For now. Here are my basic approval photos! :)

IMG_5275_zpsxi19rfjo.jpg

IMG_5281_zpsjdqqisq1.jpg

IMG_5285_zpsbgglkhqo.jpg

IMG_5289_zpsuzm9haux.jpg

IMG_5295_zpsyvmkfrtp.jpg

IMG_5277_zpsfwed4one.jpg

IMG_5272_zpsnapyzhuh.jpg

IMG_5313_zpsip7ot4ue.jpg

• Like 6

Looks great!! You should have a TK ID in no time!! Next up EIB! I'm sitting in a pile of parts building my blaster right now so I can submit too!

d461368ed898e3ac0bcd67fd02191983.jpg

Jim - TK50899

• Like 3

Looks great!! You should have a TK ID in no time!! Next up EIB! I'm sitting in a pile of parts building my blaster right now so I can submit too!

d461368ed898e3ac0bcd67fd02191983.jpg

Jim - TK50899

Thank you!! I appreciate that! :) Hopefully the wait isn't too long for me! Yep! I still need to get a blaster though. The kits sorta scares me, and I'm thinking of just going with a Hyperfirm. Plus if it dropped and broke, I'd shed a tear. Still mulling it over though. I can't really decide. The kits end up looking better for sure. I think my next purchase will be iComm/Aker though. That way I at least sound the part when trooping. 

I'm curious where you got your blaster from too. Is it a Doopy? Mark with AP sent me a guy who makes blasters when I got my kit. I may check and see what his go for too.

• Like 1

Nice! Where'd ya order the blaster from?

It's a PVC pipe build. Those are all bits and pieces I've gathered up for this build. 99% scratch build. The only part that I didn't make from nothing is the grip and I cast that. The one on my blaster is a resin copy. So I kind of made that too. If you didn't already see it I posted how to make a passable m38 in the "how to" section. I'll be doing a counter from scratch tomorrow. I have been in a hurry to get it done so I haven't taken many pictures. http://bit.ly/PassablePVCm38

Jim M.

Edited by MoSc0ut
  • Like 1

Thank you!! I appreciate that! :) Hopefully the wait isn't too long for me! Yep! I still need to get a blaster though. The kits sorta scares me, and I'm thinking of just going with a Hyperfirm. Plus if it dropped and broke, I'd shed a tear. Still mulling it over though. I can't really decide. The kits end up looking better for sure. I think my next purchase will be iComm/Aker though. That way I at least sound the part when trooping.

I'm curious where you got your blaster from too. Is it a Doopy? Mark with AP sent me a guy who makes blasters when I got my kit. I may check and see what his go for too.

I have a B Grade Hyperfirm on the way but I have a troop on Thursday and although one of the guys in my garrison has loaned me his, twice, I don't want to keep borrowing his. This one is going to be a display piece in my sons Star Wars themed room. There were 5 B grade hyperfirms up for grabs just a few days ago ($160) I got one....let me check......yep still some left. http://bit.ly/HyperFirmBgrades the one I've been trooping was a b grade and there is nothing B grade about it in my opinion. You will have to add a D ring for the next levels of consideration, but that's about it.

Jim M.

• Like 1

I have a B Grade Hyperfirm on the way but I have a troop on Thursday and although one of the guys in my garrison has loaned me his, twice, I don't want to keep borrowing his. This one is going to be a display piece in my sons Star Wars themed room. There were 5 B grade hyperfirms up for grabs just a few days ago ($160) I got one....let me check......yep still some left. http://bit.ly/HyperFirmBgrades the one I've been trooping was a b grade and there is nothing B grade about it in my opinion. You will have to add a D ring for the next levels of consideration, but that's about it.

Jim M.

Ohhhh k. That makes a lot more sense. That's what I'll probably end up doing also… getting a PVC kit for a display piece and just going with the Hyperfirm for regular trooping. 

So the B-grades aren't too bad? I wonder how much different they are than the As? I'm gonna sneak around and see what I can find out. $160 is a lot more doable than $300+ right now. lol I was thinking of borrowing one for a little while too, but I'd rather just get one and be done with it.

ALSO! Your package literally just walked into my hands! lolol Thanks again Jim!!

• Like 2

Jim M.

I just opened the package and was expecting just two loose fans…Thanks so much for this and the note, Jim! I'll definitely be paying it forward to someone else in the future. That was really awesome of you! :)

Can't wait!

P.S. You TK date is my birthday, and we'll be sharing a similar ID. :) 

Edited by SpiceCredits

HyperFirm must have amazing standards. The B Grade that I've been borrowing is awesome. I can only imagine what their regular ones look like! Also his is a few years old and from what I'm hearing a B Grade today is similar to a normal blaster of a few years ago.

Jim - TK50899

• Like 1

I have a b grade. I did a little work on it but only because I was bored and didn't have my armor yet. I'm really happy with it and it's pretty light. I thought the box was empty when it arrived.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Absolutely awesome progress mate and deadly work my friend! Always bums me out to watch another great thread come to a close - thanks for an awesome ride mate!

• Like 3

Absolutely awesome progress mate and deadly work my friend! Always bums me out to watch another great thread come to a close - thanks for an awesome ride mate!

Awww… Thanks Aaron! That means a lot. It's not completely over though. I'll be posting changes, upgrades, and other things as well as I go on. With that said, you're very welcome and I'm glad you enjoyed it! :) I'm looking forward to your EIB journey now! 

• Like 3

Late to the celebration, but congrats! One quick thing I'd suggest is just getting those shoulder straps to curve a little more. Other than that, looking good!

• Like 3