TFA Blu Ray Release – Target Cannington, Western Australia

DSS TROOP REPORT

EVENT: TFA Blu Ray Release Target Cannington, Westfield Carousel, 11th April

TROOPERS: TK85421 - Q - gmrhodes13, DZ13310 - Liz - Liz

WRANGLERS: NONE

REPORT: We arrived at the front of Target to be greeted by one very excited staff member who knew all about the 501st and couldn't wait to see us in costume. After being shown the change area we kitted up and were ready to hit the floor by 2pm. Of course we had to stop for photos with staff before we could make our way to see the public.

We made our way to the front of the store were 2 TFA Blu Ray and DVD displays had been set up as well as some hanging TFA signage. With it pouring with rain outside we didn't expect too much from the event but couldn't believe how busy it was, we didn't stop for the first hour and a half. Our cheeky Jawa being given more than one hug by the younglings who loved baby Jawa.

After a 10 minute break it was time to hit the floor again, going it alone it was time to bring on the mannequin, it's amazing how many people get fooled, the best one was a family of 6, two of the younglings came running up in excitement, then going back to drag the rest of the family in to see me, then I moved my head, the squeals could be heard across the store. The family ended up watching in the background with another group of younglings, waiting to see how many others I could surprise, to fits of laughter. Lots of other comments "don't worry it's not real", to my answer "are you sure" with more squealing.

Crowds started dropping off around 4.30 so we did a run through the store to get some photos in the Star Wars section, also had to go through the checkout with my Blu Ray purchase. It got to 5 and we thanked the staff and called it a day.

REPORT BY: TK85421

targetc1.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated
  • Like 6

My favorite part of trooping the release of TFA was standing perfectly motionless in the theater lobby.  Everyone thought I was a "prop", until I would step forward and ask "HAVE YOU PURCHASED YOUR TICKETS YET"?  

• Like 1