Hyperfirm e11 scope lens ?

Surfintrooper

I got this idea from Tim, (Dark CMF), Will, so this is what I used:  ----------

Getting the lenses out was a bit of a pain, but they fit perfectly in my resin blaster, so they should work for a hyperfirm.  Here is a heads-up, though... when you go to glue the lens in, do NOT let any CA (super) glue get on the inside.  As it dries, the fumes can fog up the inside of the lens.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 1

Thanks guys. I ordered the monocular mentioned. I will let you know and show how they work in the hyperfirm. I also saw a different little mini pocket telescope for only $4 that I ordered also.post-27364-0-52332300-1456383938_thumb.jpg I will let you know if these are usable too. Maybe easier to take apart.

Edited by Surfintrooper

• 2 weeks later...

Okay. So I got the mini pocket telescope.post-27364-0-56327300-1457672007_thumb.jpg it is so easy to take apart. Just a retaining ring on each end with notches in them to easily screw them off. <br>

The smaller lens in the mini telescope fits perfect in the E-11 scope front sight. Just a little trimming w an exacto to make the hole a little wider and deeper. Then you can jam the lens in and the little retaining ring for a real nice look.<br>

The bigger lens in the mini telescope for the rear sight of the hyperfirm scope is a little too small of diameter. I looked all around my garage and tool boxes for something to fit around it. Cut piece of tie wrap no, hose washer ( a cut flat black one would work, but I only had brown, and black round rubber ones that didn't fit) so no. The best result was a piece of black wire cut to fit around the lens. Same wire I used for my power cylinders. Fit perfect inside rear scope space and around the lens.<br>

I put a scope sight sticker from trooperbay in the end on the scope. Then glued the wire in a circle and glue it in the end of the scope. The lens from the mini telescope then jammed right in no glue needed. However the glue from the wire wasn't totally set so it may of picked up some of that to help it stay.<br><br>

I will post photos. I have to get a photo sharing thing on my iPad the ones I have won't load.

Edited by Surfintrooper
  • Like 1

Can't wait to see the photos! How did you cut or carve out the places for the lenses? I'm thinking a Dremel?

I used an exacto and a drill. But dermal would work also. There is very little to cut out! Just clean out really. And only needs to be done on front lens.

I used an exacto and a drill. But dermal would work also. There is very little to cut out! Just clean out really. And only needs to be done on front lens.

Gotcha, I would love to see some pictures when you get the chance. I have a hyperfirm myself and would love to complete this mod as well.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

Edited by zv288bot
  • Like 1

Sorry the pictures are So HUGE. I usually use an ipad. And I am just learning this paste and insert stuff on photobucket.

Im sure you can get the idea from the photos though.

Looks great! Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Okay. So I got the mini pocket telescope.attachicon.gifimage.jpg it is so easy to take apart. Just a retaining ring on each end with notches in them to easily screw them off. <br>

The smaller lens in the mini telescope fits perfect in the E-11 scope front sight. Just a little trimming w an exacto to make the hole a little wider and deeper. Then you can jam the lens in and the little retaining ring for a real nice look.<br>

The bigger lens in the mini telescope for the rear sight of the hyperfirm scope is a little too small of diameter. I looked all around my garage and tool boxes for something to fit around it. Cut piece of tie wrap no, hose washer ( a cut flat black one would work, but I only had brown, and black round rubber ones that didn't fit) so no. The best result was a piece of black wire cut to fit around the lens. Same wire I used for my power cylinders. Fit perfect inside rear scope space and around the lens.<br>

I put a scope sight sticker from trooperbay in the end on the scope. Then glued the wire in a circle and glue it in the end of the scope. The lens from the mini telescope then jammed right in no glue needed. However the glue from the wire wasn't totally set so it may of picked up some of that to help it stay.<br><br>

I will post photos. I have to get a photo sharing thing on my iPad the ones I have won't load.

Hey Will!  Do you by chance have the link to the telescope you used?  I'm sure it's there somewhere but I must be missing it.

I hope to see your handiwork in person at the street festival this weekend. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Will, same as Kalani's question, do you have the link to the telescope you bought? I'm looking to dress up my Hyperfirm a bit as well. Have you done any mods to the counter yet, like adding a decal for the numbers?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Will, same as Kalani's question, do you have the link to the telescope you bought? I'm looking to dress up my Hyperfirm a bit as well. Have you done any mods to the counter yet, like adding a decal for the numbers?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi. I will try to post a link. If I can't , just search mini pocket telescope on eBay and look for the photos I posted. The were from eBay.

As for the counter . I put the decal on you can get from trooperbay. But I wanted my TK number on it. So I used one of those old plastic label makers and did my TK number w some of the black label material. It doesn't look as good as the trooperbay decal. But it is my number.

• Like 1