lucnak's ANH Stunt Build (ATA)

I know I've seen a bicep hook tutorial around here somewhere, but I can't seem to find it right now! I searched the tutorial and how-to sections...

see the attached video. TK1636 goes over how to create a perfectly accurate bicep clip.

Most of us just curve a strip at the tip to make the hook; but this video is the screen accurate way.

• Like 2

My last few days in photos.

34CC3671-67DE-4D0D-811C-6929A741D843.jpg

265B3F42-1CF0-4D07-881D-BD7ECD9979BF.jpg

C11A2F93-A7C5-4CE5-A641-18B16C82C4F4.jpg

CE57D128-8A37-43F9-AC8C-E5C5C1E8778B.jpg

2F3DBAB8-B660-4EC3-9F5A-FD19633FD086.jpg

Getting there! I have trimmed the kidney on one side a little bit and aded a few more panels and rivets since these photos. Got a lot of work cut out for me this week.

• Like 1

So unfortunately the brand of snaps that I bought makes two different sizes of snaps despite the packaging showing the same sizes. This means that some of my connections are loose due to the female parts being slightly too big and some of my female snaps aren't really well joined because my setting tool is too big. After being pretty bummed out, I ordered a bunch of Tandy snaps online last night and I am going to redo all of the strapping once they arrive. Sadly, that means delays in finishing my build! But I think thattaking my time and doing it right will pay off in the end. I won't be worrying about snaps undoing while on a troop and I'll be able to use my lessons learned from the first time around doing the internal strapping. I am moving on with the rest of my build and hopefully by the time the snaps arrive, they'll be all that's left! I'm shooting to be done by the end of the 3rd week in April. How long did it take you guys to become 501st (basic) approved? Wondering if I'll be able to troop on 1 May.

• Like 1

So unfortunately the brand of snaps that I bought makes two different sizes of snaps despite the packaging showing the same sizes. This means that some of my connections are loose due to the female parts being slightly too big and some of my female snaps aren't really well joined because my setting tool is too big. After being pretty bummed out, I ordered a bunch of Tandy snaps online last night and I am going to redo all of the strapping once they arrive. Sadly, that means delays in finishing my build! But I think thattaking my time and doing it right will pay off in the end. I won't be worrying about snaps undoing while on a troop and I'll be able to use my lessons learned from the first time around doing the internal strapping. I am moving on with the rest of my build and hopefully by the time the snaps arrive, they'll be all that's left! I'm shooting to be done by the end of the 3rd week in April. How long did it take you guys to become 501st (basic) approved? Wondering if I'll be able to troop on 1 May.

As long as your local squad is in the loop you should have no problem trooping even if your submission has not been approved yet.

Talk to your garrison group about when you want to troop and have it ready for then.

• Like 1

Cover strips are all on, velcro is on shins. Will be attaching sniper knee and thigh ammo pack in the next week. Also my GML is helping me assemble my belt (getting my canvas belt and holster from him) next Monday. Almost there! The big thing left is redoing the internal strapping. I have ideas for contraptions to holding everything together at ab/kidney nice and secure and lined up! Also have my TD left.

• Like 1

All of it. But.. I just discovered Trooperbay videos. Those seem like a good resource to follow.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

TK 1636 has a series of great videos as well. Checking out Centurion applications is very useful, as well as checking out the Pinned build threads!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TK 1636 has a series of great videos as well. Checking out Centurion applications is very useful, as well as checking out the Pinned build threads!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks ! I will look him up. Awesome.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Quick question of opinion, but do you think I need to trim my thighs/shins for length to give more room between them? Note that my thighs are not held up by my belt yet in this photo - the one seen on the right is lower but would end up sitting a bit higher.

After perusing some Centurion applications, it looks like most people my height have simply removed a lot of ABS from the thigh and shin in the knee area to give more mobility. I'm just wondering if this could cause problems with my ammo pack and sniper knee.

9DEE67A5-0B69-444B-A4A6-FFB2DD6BDCA3.jpg

The knee ammo belt will get caught by your shin a lot at that height. Take another photo with them pulled up with your strapping system. Put on your knee ammo belt and see how it feels. If its catching a lot and can't be resolved by using foam on the front of the thigh to push it out more, you may want to consider trimming the top. 

You should try a picture with your cod in place. You may need to raise the thighs a bit more. All depends on the gaps between the tops of thighs and bottom of cod. Also some foam at the bottom of the thighs will help to push them outward to prevent the knock-knee'd look.

Ultimately, wait until everything is assembled.

Once you have your build connected, then put it on and walk around. You will easily be able to detect where you need to trim.

The legs are the easiest to touch up and trim around the knee. The back of the knees tend to be the biggest trim issue when walking.

Legs done. I took some out of the knees to help with mobility. The thighs are really as high as they will go without creating excessive tension on my garter. I've also cleaned up some of the return edge on the thighs since this photo.

6E47388F-3427-485C-BD22-BE7291763DEC.jpg

Update: belt is all done. GML here helped me out. Just awaiting my snaps, TD clips, and neck seal in the mail...gotta be patient!

• Like 1

The Velcro is great for preventing rub and scratches , but doesn't need to be visible when the TD is in position . You should cut the Velcro back so that it doesn't go over the top of the curvature , it should stop a couple of mm down from the top curve , that way it won't be seen .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So I did a test-fitting today with everything on...my hands got super sweaty wearing cotton gloves+rubber gloves (required for Centurion). Suggestions?

Use the rubber gloves for Centurion pictures, and pick up some nomex gloves for trooping. Its a pain to have a set of gloves (rubber) that will not get used much, but the nomex is breathable and cool. I still haven't figured out how I am going to attach the latex hand guards to the nomex yet, though.

Edited by Sentry71