SupRsloth's ANOVOS ANH Stunt TK Build

SupRsloth

Progress for the weekend.   I finished front and back cover strips on the thighs and front cover strips on the shins.   Also had my next big mess up.   My left thigh ended up 1/2" larger than the right.   Not sure how I missed that measurement so badly.... :huh: Since I've been using E6000 it's been a pretty easy fix.   Pulled the rear cover strip off, trimmed the extra 1/2" off and reapplied the cover strip.  Good as new and both thighs now fit and look the same.   I'll post fitment pictures after I get the rear cover strip and Velcro on the shins.  Sorry for the blurry picture.

20160313_154658_zpsxqwuxvwx.jpg

Also got the thermal detonator put together.  Used leftover screws from my E11 build in place of the Anovos hardware.  Also did a hot water bath for the end caps to get them to slide on easily to the tube.   Also painted the screws black.  Going for Centurion out of the box.   :smiley-sw013: Fingers crossed I'm doing a good enough job.  Overall I think it looks pretty good.

20160313_154629_zpspb8mcchf.jpg

20160313_154605_zpsuzxcgec0.jpg

Also so that I didn't have the center plastic piece centered on the tube after posting this picture!   Guess this is my screw up day.   :blink:   Have since removed and re-centered to correct this....

Edited by SupRsloth
  • Like 1

Got some more done Saturday.

Finished gluing the thighs and shins and did a final sanding with the dremel of all glued parts that I previously did.   I think I'm finally done with the bulk of the plastic dust! :duim:  Glad I've been using a dust mask.  

y4mow4D1i7qVPS_DdU2IbzPj0rWVvJu60MLZv3ep

Did a test fit of the ab, kidney, chest, back and butt pieces and found that I'm just a bit to large in the belly.  I could suck it in and get the ab and kidney to fit together but that definitely would not be too comfortable.   :P

y4mPz-NBdzMAQfbXDIMwn4hs3B9VaI1a6CqnHepf

y4mLnw940wgypJZ5KgsCmXINPvUr0K3cI5vDIerR

Added the ammo pack to the thigh and painted the rivets.

y4mdTBBZ2ngcSgYqfKmNTL5PGmFUK1pb7V25SiOb

y4mXkJ5ZuUDOn-wzs3Qj-gGGqBtRHVKnCzEfvEnu

Started working on my shims for the kidney piece.   The only scrap I had left was pretty warped.

y4movq9tfrA9QhHUV4NrP7z43TgpL0f8IORdDILH

Gave it a hot water bath and used the kids Harry Potter books and a cookie sheet to flatten the two shims out.

y4mZADSE5FqfeTZJJ1F_8a78qVwKZkrNLL9ori0q

They aren't completely flat but should be close enough.

y4mKOsL0hZHUXoKPSIIXFKsTyAnIiURPNAhbtb3-

And finally glued on some inside cover strips to the kidney for mounting the shims after I get the return edges bent in.

y4mFFRl75n_E-mAEoEK0Xh9JWv3nQ_RSbM_Kp5Hd

Edited by SupRsloth
  • Like 1

Decided to work on updating the belt today.  Got all the covers off with little damage to the plastic on the plastic ammo pouches.  Glued on some scrap ABS to fill the holes to have something to drill new clean holes in when I remount on my new TKittell belt.    

y4mTNsS-Y6822D6I3MMY7w7hO-JWqXyvi2rQeZNq

However there was a bit of damage to the rivet covers.....  

y4m4f2te9H-7EqcAUH1WJ2C7_KdkE4Ju9O_D07nU

y4m4Vq2kb49tC347PHy0-ynS52f2bYPsvvnE5QN2

I'm thinking I can just fix the small hole with a bit of ABS paste that I will be making to cover the seam in my kidney shims....  However not sure how to fix the bubbles that formed on the middle piece when that one got a bit too hot. :blink:    Any suggestions?!?!?

Edited by SupRsloth

Looks good! Fortunately adding shims isn't nearly as scary as I initially thought. :)

For making the ABS paste I'm planning on putting some small scraps of ABS in a baby food jar as I've seen others do.  Any suggestions on how much acetone I need to add?  Do you just try a little and see what happens?

Acetone evaporates very quickly. Even if you put to much, it would thicken just by leaving the cap off. Leave it off to long and the ABS will harden again. Acetone is a solvent.

• Like 1

For making the ABS paste I'm planning on putting some small scraps of ABS in a baby food jar as I've seen others do.  Any suggestions on how much acetone I need to add?  Do you just try a little and see what happens?

You have the right idea, yes.  The acetone to plastic ratio is going to be different depending on exactly how small the scrap is, and that also effects how fast it dissolves.  I personally had very small scrap (I started mostly by collecting the POWDERED bits that flew off my bench sander, and adding a few scrap strips chopped up no bigger than 1/4" squares) so I started with a very small amount, like a tablespoon, in the baby jar with the scrap.  Wait 20-30 minutes, poke/stir with a wood coffee stir stick, and repeat until the consistency is right.  I think I ended up with approx 3 tablespoons of Acetone, total, into a baby food jar that was pretty well stuffed (but loosely so) with scrap.  I let it sit overnight after I was close, to make sure it was all nice and consistent.

You want to end up roughly like mayo consistency, or a little runnier (but not a lot runnier).  Too runny and (1) it's hard to control, and (2) too much acetone content starts to dissolve the ABS you DON'T want to dissolve (your armor!).

The phases:

Dry:

20160303174438-d38bba6a-la.jpg

1 tbs:

20160303174434-acd65c9a-la.jpg

2 tbs:

20160303174413-ca45d2bd-la.jpg

3 tbs, after overnight, ready to use:

20160303174358-dae51698-la.jpg

Edited by kman
  • Like 1

Made a little more progress so far this week.   

Sniper knee in place.  Also installed the Velcro on the back.  I've taped the shins closed in hopes that will help the back closures sit a bit more flat.  I think they are OK but the flatter the better.  

y4mTxK2Pl6bApQSwWpoXY15RdDIVRB8mhT1cuGP7

y4mWQzWsqXnLx3x1-jG_TvY0wOC-ilYd7RkODPp4

y4miD4WTN-EaC2xTeOIO2EzDQp4I3BXlzYss6L5v

Also started on my garter system for the thighs.  Currently gluing on 3 inch elastic and will get them sewn to a cheep tactical belt tomorrow.  

y4mL9J9Bm2_n98UJj3jzIDToo--9lp2UeNABR9dT

Edited by SupRsloth

Pretty much finished all the lower body components.   Finished my thigh garter.   First time using a sewing machine since home economics in middle school.   It took me forever to get the machine set up.  My wife and I had a good laugh  :laugh1: , but I think it turned out all right.

20160326_181135_zpsfm534brf.jpg

Suited up the full bottom half.  Finally starting to feel like a trooper. :smiley-sw013:  Couple of issues that I could use some advice on.  The shins seem to want to bight in around my knees.  I still have quite a bit of return edge that could be removed.  Any other suggestions on how to fix that?   Also my sniper knee seems to want to wander under the thigh armor.   I think I can round off the edge on my thigh that is a bit too long but I'm thinking I'll still have the problem.  Any tricks for fixing that?

20160326_180908_zps8sshxcjk.jpg

A lot of people cut out from the knee area for mobility. Regarding your sniper knee, put some foam in the front of your shin and in the back of your thigh. Should prevent locking in.

On 3/27/2016 at 10:05 AM, lucnak said:

A lot of people cut out from the knee area for mobility. Regarding your sniper knee, put some foam in the front of your shin and in the back of your thigh. Should prevent locking in.

Thanks for the feedback sir.   I'll grab some foam and see if that helps out with the sniper knee.   I did do a bit of a cut out on the back of the thighs and the shins as well.   Look alright?

y4mcgB5Xg7yxalvkM5Uuf0bbO-sJTxC1Im8R0Lh9

y4mFAvYsq_3pWMX5iCdRY8nxSJE0pBEqO1dA2Lo6

Edited by SupRsloth

Yeah I looked at a bunch of Centurion apps before cutting mine and I saw all styles of cut outs. I cut mine to meet the cover strips and that gives me the room I need. Gives kind of a triangular look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Got quite a bit more work done today.   First put on my ABS paste in the shims as well as the belt rivet covers and also some other places that had some small cracks.  The consistency was pretty good.   I'll let it dry and then looks like I have lots of sanding to do.

y4mnNMgOU4m7mw6rsqEhhRLvmP8zRR8bvs7s4qRV

Edited by SupRsloth

After that I started with the snap fun.   :P I'm primarily using Tandy Line 24 snaps but did use the ANOVOS supplied ones in a few places.  The right upper ab and the two snaps on the posterier.   

y4m-twXLCIrqMIMnbDGyPyNNzKjXiuwoWpSsC6q7

y4me4b2or3k-OkWUQx0RtvU6-9HXYYUQYFlDy21E

Edited by SupRsloth

And finally I went to town on all of the internal snap brackets.   I did double snaps in the front and single snaps in the back.  No super good reason for the difference.  I think it may have been the fact that I've learned that making snaps is not what I consider fun.   ;)

y4mjxDdA1IJtSNnCRxCheZSh7GT2XcDxXwhFRb6L

y4mg6A0bvNrz2RCPV9yDew3As0HAreg1Y5GSxWKX

y4mL0-6Oze8jOziHgVWGgSSLSzkfB_ZrkPtmh5Ta

Also got the latex hand gaurds glued on in the top right corner of the above picture.

And finally started making the internal strapping.   The strap at the top was my first attempt.  Notice the buttons look out of place but are positioned correctly on the opposite side.  I found that adding a bit of tape to the anvil kept the button from wandering.  The one on the bottom after this trick turned out much better.   Learning as I go.   :)

y4mpDy-EhWNF1Bz-kzlmCoq5INHwD1_A-lf-Nxvb

Edited by SupRsloth

Got the internal strapping done today minus the right side (I'm holding the right side together in the following pictures) and did a test fit.   Found a couple of issues.

Front

y4mO0e0y7zzjuCXXU_Ei4bHSDbGr65q-cL-1dP7c

Left Side

y4mmVkP31qZQnhd5BdZCkTE41tpML7ngMJjS7Tmg

Rear

y4mX8IaV74bsucFqEbvD6AbAh9JQ7ni-6dLgIe0S

View of the internal strapping

y4mbOxLUte7Sbkd0-HpPk9R1YoFWxe2ssbAPt0DW

The posterior wants to ride up.  Any suggestions on how to fix this?   I'm thinking maybe I need to use canvas straps instead of elastic to hold it tighter, or do I just make shorter elastic straps to pull it in?

I also noticed that the right shoulder strap was not sitting how I would have liked so I'v since rotated it slightly and re-glued to the chest.

y4mnzvR-nCUgcmyfY0qclNmmU767kE9F7w_mYYa8

Final work for the day... glued on the ab buttons.  I think I need to touch up the paint after I'm done with everything.  

y4mPjKfrW6EehFihY7bLdwVXcP7NoH0rWGQABjcm

Edited by SupRsloth

Found one other issue today....  Took the tape off my gloves/hand guards and found that I had a few spots where CA glue spread beyond the hand guard.  Is there a way to remove the CA from the rubber gloves without damaging the rubber?  It kind of sticks out and doesn't look so great.   Picture of one of the spots is on the top side in the picture near my thumb.

y4mYdUxXLaMZ51jPGyTqEiiN_2rdt56Y8eqIqfcJ

Edited by SupRsloth

Looks really good! Wish I had a good answer for the CA drip, but I don't. Color over it with a black Sharpie?

Thanks for the compliment sir. Couldn't hurt to try a Sharpie.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last work for the weekend.....  Made clips for biceps to retain the shoulder bell elastic and added the elastic to the shoulder bell.  Also added the elastic for the bicep to forearm connection.   I'm out of snaps so I can't finish the arms this weekend.  Off to the wonderful world of MIT homework for the rest of the day.   :glare:

y4miIl8A9WlJNcFDRiSO9GTKnltax2nWaRT0_oMT

y4mO_cZrX5tY-nCJ9ahPP-6euYsdklyZxM3Gs-Rp

Edited by SupRsloth

So close to being ready to submit for 501st application!  Can't wait.

Couple more shots of the torso section.

y4mqa18IFhzqBo-tpRRZg64W5X9mkIU4gA-2paHL

y4mNrLOEsGR892UHJ9YcImQeg_nKXbXw8M8Zh7Lm

Gluing on the forearms

y4mPtzJjXoU5BVTf59Kj4A_6ijEbGDKx9HZ67W0y

y4m11BcCz7QIVpkAJykvQpMRe07hJeb336ajEhcU

Extra snaps should arrive on Wednesday so I can complete the shoulder bell to shoulder strap connection.  Then I'm pretty much done.  Can't wait.

Edited by SupRsloth

My snaps came early so I got to work on finishing the arms.  Added the bell to shoulder strap connection.  Added snap plates for more firm connection between the bell and biceps as well.   Made the straps to go in between and just need to wait for the glue to dry.

y4mzB5HSg3S6RnZufCyi3_SC-c4sVqW5w-KfM-wg

y4mN2zOFBR8mezHRrjZ1VgDks7b-CEomX3ExtP7F

y4mtYqV7I56MaZqWVHf0dOrcrAIXCaI5sgqbYPeP

All I have left now is to put the 7 holes in my new belt, add the two snaps, and connect the holster etc. to the belt.  My checklist is almost completely done!

Edited by SupRsloth
  • Like 1

Finished the arms tonight.  

y4mAqiFgeQKku5GboBzIVF52oMpZhpHR0rW6LDSk

y4m8-a9A7Z4tcisSgrTBS7je48cuykPcMLtDAlV_

The shoulders keep wanting to pull my chest to shoulder straps out from under the shoulder straps..   Does anyone know how to prevent this from happening.  It looks pretty terrible when it does this.  Pretty consistent.  

y4mNuRZhY6fmSKKh4orhhcFbUaGoPKy7I0bI4pc6

Edited by SupRsloth