SupRsloth's ANOVOS ANH Stunt TK Build

SupRsloth

This is my very first armor build so any tips, tricks, and suggestions are very welcome.   It's definitely going to be a slow one.   Working full time and attending grad school, so I'm trying to squeeze some build work in as I can.  

You can find my E11 Blaster build here.  http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/32624-suprsloth-doopydoos-e11-blaster-build/

And of course we'll start off with the big brown box pic. 

y4mm5C9h5l5IY_-37e37EZyLI2RxCkWP2t8YUwhq

Edited by SupRsloth

Started with cleaning up the return edges on the bucket.

Before:

y4mLdNydruPYbjXcS2PdCmdcZwkxCxCYO8lhXPDt

After:

y4mBRhNsmtOH7P_Uj8Cd68WqpM4n47cT1TQhnxCR

Lenses put back in:

y4mvDeWLzhVW4rsZIFvzmaLGrMLbB2zkmtw27ysg

Will wait to do the other work of plasti dipping the inside of the bucket, putting in padding in place of the hard hat system, and cleaning up some of the over spray on the teeth.    It's 8 degrees F here in Iowa today and plasti dipping in my basement is probably not a good idea.   So onto the trimming.  

Edited by SupRsloth

Was only able to get the biceps trimmed out today.   Used an X-Zacto to score and snap based on the trim lines.   That was a lot harder than I thought but I started to get the hang of it on the second piece.   Sanded down the edges with a dremel and took a final pass with some regular sand paper.   Feels like progress.  

y4muEkpbk8QKt60n_30vPkEX14gKxTpMPjMlTxaA

Edited by SupRsloth

Progress for this morning....  Finished trimming the forearms and shoulder bells.

y4mfmMHHkF1fUUfz9WloTnIYno-tP-Q33APv23uh

However I was a bit careless with the knife on one of the bells.   In the picture below at the very top there is a line that extends to the left where I accidentally cut through the return edge.   Anyone out there have suggestions for how to repair!?!?  I'm fairly certain that if it doesn't get repaired it will rip through to the outside of the bell.  I'm quickly learning I am not the greatest with a knife.   :unsure:

y4m3Fj6y5RAhTgOMIKJsXaiQ7qsdLpiklQpWNYrm

Edited by SupRsloth

A little more progress this weekend.   Slow and steady. :smiley-sw013:

Finally finished trimming all the pieces including removing the return edge from the forearms. 

y4mSEnhge_L10kR4-2g2cXLZMoMjbzIWoHsZlQqx

Took advantage of the warm weather and plasti dipped the inside of my bucket.  I did three coats with spray on plasti dip and a bit of brushing in the tough to reach spots.   Seems to have added a nice bit of rigidity.

y4mHszwuK-j5jmheftpHDXLEms-Gtia4kDqoWfeK

y4mrOp4CmRRl9XJiBTyaze9ZQXDp7yIHuSVxhHk_

Edited by SupRsloth

Added some army tactical helmet padding in place of the hard hat liner (found on amazon.com for cheap).   Much more comfy and seems to keep my bucket from wobbling. 

y4mX6pdlnmjLrOAI34MwuLuh3gnG4XC9istHJhhh

Repainted the frown as well...   Looks cleaner than it did before but not sure if it's good enough.  I'm not much of a painter......  :)

y4m16aDJd0sFhOlnQOb1wOJPd1QRTNCWXrPzbu4u

That's all for now.

Edited by SupRsloth
  • Like 1

However I was a bit careless with the knife on one of the bells.   In the picture below at the very top there is a line that extends to the left where I accidentally cut through the return edge.   Anyone out there have suggestions for how to repair!?!?  I'm fairly certain that if it doesn't get repaired it will rip through to the outside of the bell.  I'm quickly learning I am not the greatest with a knife.   :unsure:

20160214_114727_zpsuqts3nwo.jpg

I worry a bit that the crack there could spread, particularly since that's an area that flexes as you spread the cap over your shoulder.  You might want to cut a little piece of scrap and glue it really well to the backside of the section, to help reinforce it.

Added some army tactical helmet padding in place of the hard hat liner (found on amazon.com for cheap).   Much more comfy and seems to keep my bucket from wobbling. 

20160221_152309_zps99ocq4tp.jpg

Repainted the frown as well...   Looks cleaner than it did before but not sure if it's good enough.  I'm not much of a painter......  :)

20160221_152248_zpsoo4mvtnp.jpg

That's all for now.

Nice job on the padding and painting!

You might want to extend the frown into two points on either side, basically paint a little triangle on each side, so it tapers away instead of just ending at the last tooth there.  See the paint job done by troopermaster in his rebuild thread:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35356-anovos-helmet-rebuild/page-3

• Like 1

I worry a bit that the crack there could spread, particularly since that's an area that flexes as you spread the cap over your shoulder. You might want to cut a little piece of scrap and glue it really well to the backside of the section, to help reinforce it.

Nice job on the padding and painting!

You might want to extend the frown into two points on either side, basically paint a little triangle on each side, so it tapers away instead of just ending at the last tooth there. See the paint job done by troopermaster in his rebuild thread:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35356-anovos-helmet-rebuild/page-3

Thanks for the feedback kman! I was worried about the bell tearing as well. Reinforcement scrap ABS piece added and seems pretty sturdy now. I'll add the triangle to the frown this weekend (I never would have noticed that so thanks for pointing it out) Thanks again.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Very little progress this week.  I spent 2 hours on the left forearm and this is as far as i got.  I measured, remeasured, test fit, remeasured again, cut, test fit again, and then finally glued on my first cover strip.   :P   I'm thinking the next ones will go faster.  

y4mNh8OaLjiaPchXwKTnruFYZMLcINOCPHVaeIys

Edited by SupRsloth

Super excited tonight.  Finished my first piece of armor (left forearm).   :)    Silly question....  So the Anovos kit comes with Velcro strap on hand guards.  I plan on utilizing glued on flexible hand guards.  It appears that this will be a pretty tight fit to have the gloves on and then put the forearm on.   Should I have made the lower forearm a bit larger to accommodate this?

y4mGRHwRtCNaA3SfdgMnvCqJNKqwefTL2LKE1ljd

y4mGcr2iDH2_l7cx2F0J0Ig9eSzM7x3QYF9RiqQFy4mRv47t8ISKoSz4fUOt7DqIGjc5ebVS1OgNwSEZy4mr3V0_J7ppYOJvFwD7R9wJtvZJghlhA6A1dW3a

Edited by SupRsloth

The advice I've seen around here is always try your armour on with your under suit on. It will add some tightness and if the piece is too tight, could pull your sleeve in this example up your arm.

• Like 1

The advice I've seen around here is always try your armour on with your under suit on. It will add some tightness and if the piece is too tight, could pull your sleeve in this example up your arm.

Thanks for the feedback! Definitely had the under suit on when I did my fitting. So I think my sleeves will be OK. Just concerned about getting the glove through with the flexible hand guard attached. Think I just maybe need to try it out.

People recommend adding an unsharpened #2 pencil to your kit, to aid in getting gloves right. Use it to push the extra glove down into the armor. The eraser on the end helps grab the material and give friction to push it in.

Edited by kman
  • Like 1

Progress update 1 for the week.

Finished both forearms including internal cover strips.

y4mTeUIgA0czCDBKJK_4bDkzbcPa5jW0z3JO_YM8

Finished both biceps but still need to add the internal cover strips.  Might be wearing the wrong shirt but it's good for getting dirty.   :laugh1:

y4m0fixvhUigkx94aezECL8VmaXmxOUqEGxj9BSr

Edited by SupRsloth

Progress update 2 for the week.

Next I started working on the thighs.   Got the right thigh test fit, cut and front cover strip installed.

y4mRgKPyJsRnHunRekY6HObZFdra6Tct4FQ0UcbT

Had issues with the left thigh.  The front area for the cover strips is not very flat and I ended up having to take the cover strip off after gluing as I couldn't get it to sit flat.  So I tried again and installed on half the thigh to see if that will help.  Anyone else have this issue?  Any other ways to help make the surface a bit flatter to install?

y4m-VG1NLOb1V97wNG9upvHIWuoAsXxQkFw4YgJx

Edited by SupRsloth

Final Progress update for the week.

Started test fitting the torso pieces and found that the back piece didn't sit correctly.   Thanks to Tony's build for the tricks I trimmed out a bunch of the return edge, gave a hot water bath and bent the top portion on both sides up a bit.   

Before pictures. (obviously I was holding the chest piece to high as well.....)

y4m9mQeiOZwEosGGKOcCte_jthRvOcggyB7hEQdZ

y4m9mQeiOZwEosGGKOcCte_jthRvOcggyB7hEQdZ

After pictures.

y4msHGzw5yXXEZ9snSXc0z6aCkt0odXS27jHSKZ7

y4m85dfCugmaZrX0umYN8lOiN7HNOXxRWs5WEd2n

y4m0WgJlFJIOn-XY2iFhCckZ_STZWTgjg7zXMxOo

Does this look good enough or do you think I need to bend more?  (worried that it will start cracking if try to do too much more......

Edited by SupRsloth

I think that looks pretty good, personally, although you'll probably want to clean up the return edge a bit so it's a nice clean curve.

Do you need the backplate to sit lower, or is it set up at a good height compared to the kidney plate, now?

I think that looks pretty good, personally, although you'll probably want to clean up the return edge a bit so it's a nice clean curve.Do you need the backplate to sit lower, or is it set up at a good height compared to the kidney plate, now?

The pictures are with the but, kidney, and back all where they should sit with little to no gap so I'm definitely low enough. I'll also clean up the curve. Just did a first rough pass. Thanks for the feedback sir!

• Like 1

I'm having this same problem, I'm worried that even after a hotbath it won't fit well enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All you can do is give it a try. :) Be very careful. I was super nervous that I would crack it. Removing the return edge and going slow and firm seemed to do the trick.