Question on Thigh Plate Fronts

While I know the ideal is that the front flat section under the front cover panel would IDEALLY be trimmed so that it does not extend out from behind the cover- is some extra material allowable?
I know that many peoples answer will be "Just do a wider strip in back" but I'm specifically asking if some extra is allowable in front, and if so, how much.
Any help would be appreciated.
:smiley-sw013:

All size adjustments should be done in the back. Always.

Roger that.

Pro-tip style question, then.  Is it allowable to have the backside of the forearms close with velcro hidden under the cover strip? Because if I trim the return edges to fit the cover strip there is NOOOOOOO way on Earth that I'm getting my meathooks through that wrist opening.

You need to trim the parts to fit you. If that means you need to leave more material, instead of trimming down to 7.5 mm per side to cater for a 15-16mm wide cover strip, then that is fine . Many leave 10 plus mm per half and centre the cover strip. If a lot of material needs to be left to fit hands through fore arms or thigh armour to fit, then try and make those allowances at the back.

I have worked on a pair of thighs where we actually had to add another 4 inches of material, then Centre the cover strip. We literally shimmed the thighs, then filled in the gap with a flexible filler, sand it smooth and then paint the thighs. It was a big job, but anything is possible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk